EA Forums - Banner

Suggestion/constructive critisism: unfair to premium players.

Prev1
I agree that they shouldn't time limit their new premiums so harshly. What's wrong with offering them for the entire act, or even the entire event?

I don't agree that any of the premiums are required to complete an event.

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    I don't agree that any of the premiums are required to complete an event.

I agree with your disagreement.
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    That depends... I'm a daily player, and I have a lot of free time to play. I'll probably do fine. But far from everyone has that luxury, and they might not be able to complete an event without those helpful characters and items.

In the case of this event, buying a premium character will give me a an advantage in battles, and the ability to do MORE battles.... collecting more materials.

I think premium content is perfectly fine, it's just the time limit that bugs me... I mean, it can't possibly hurt, from a business point of view, to let a premium character/item be available for the whole event. They won't make more money from people "panic buying", and everyone else having to pass on it. At least I honestly don't think so.

I would happily buy the time limited stuff 14 days from now if given the chance. Now, I just won't get it. Their loss as much as mine.

Since the game is now event based instead of level based, I think it's an important issue to adress, because it might scare off players if the game simply becomes too expensive. Having a problem with getting all the premium stuff in time was never an issue for me before one event started to replace another.

I actually like the event based gameplay... just have a bit of mercy on my bank account with those time limits.
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I had mentioned as the last things expired during the last event, on Thursday night - Most of us get Paid Friday- that their timing may be a little off.
    Why would the timer expire Thursday night, when literally a few hours later we get money and would buy things?
    Why have timers that expire mid-week?

I agree, as much as I want these things - some of them at least, I cannot afford to spend @ the rate this is going - mostly because of the timers.....
    This event, for instance, I get paid next week.... I would LOVE if the timers lasted the act length at least - give us time to get money. Some of us are poor and struggle to spend what we do on this game - and EA penny squeezes us for time.

I was Hoping, with the new no levels, only events set up for the best. But so far it moves to the worse -
    Events are too close, little downtime makes for no arranging time - because All we do is Grind, and making a town Is still the point of this game, yes?
    Full of premium purchases (and still NOT MUCH for ingame cash, whats that?!?) that have timers with too little time, missing pay periods and ability to make Donut purchases goes down

Was hoping this wasn't going to go the way of Family Guy but right now without Major changes, its all $$$$$$$$ From here, or missing things we want.
    :evil: :cry:
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Alexxandria1002
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Was hoping this wasn't going to go the way of Family Guy but right now without Major changes, its all $$$$$$$$ From here, or missing things we want.

This is exactly why I stopped playing FG quite early after starting that game. They do event after event (which is ok) but they made it to where you basically need to buy your way to the things you want or to even get close to finishing the event.

I hope this game doesn't go that route. I am ok with the way the events have been coming at us considering I was done with the chiliad with a week left to go. I understand not everyone has that luxury as well.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    In case you don't already know, EA is not a charity, they exist to make money. The limited time offers are a high pressure sales tactic to make you commit to buying it, for fear of missing the opportunity. It no different than going to a car dealership where the salesman tells you that the offer is only good for the 1 day, then the price goes up from there. I suggest you be more conservative with your donuts, and only buy items that you really want, rather than buying everything that comes along. It's OK not to have every item from every event, it's not the end of the world. TSTO is a game, have fun with it, enjoy it.

TSTO is unique in that you don't need to spend any money to get all the freemium prizes from the event. You can complete it with a moderate level of game play activity, just check in every 4 hours. There is another similar game from a different developer, that will not be mentioned, that designs the event to make it impossible for freemium players to get all the prizes from the event, without spending real cash.
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    I think they are a little greedy, but it's better than using that money on drugs and hookers right?
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    In case you don't already know, EA is not a charity, they exist to make money. The limited time offers are a high pressure sales tactic to make you commit to buying it, for fear of missing the opportunity. It no different than going to a car dealership where the salesman tells you that the offer is only good for the 1 day, then the price goes up from there. I suggest you be more conservative with your donuts, and only buy items that you really want, rather than buying everything that comes along. It's OK not to have every item from every event, it's not the end of the world. TSTO is a game, have fun with it, enjoy it.

TSTO is unique in that you don't need to spend any money to get all the freemium prizes from the event. You can complete it with a moderate level of game play activity, just check in every 4 hours. There is another similar game from a different developer, that will not be mentioned, that designs the event to make it impossible for freemium players to get all the prizes from the event, without spending real cash.
    ^^^^Exactly this^^^^
    As you stated, it's only pixels so just be selective in what you purchase. No need for everything and you must realize it's nothing personal from EA - as the above poster stated, it's only a sales tactic. Bottom line, not everyone is going to be happy with the decisions EA makes. We just need to take a step back, understand it's a game being run as a business, and accept these facts and move on. Hopefully your enjoyment (fun factor) doesn't diminish in any way and this game still brings you happiness.

On another note, if people need to wait for their paychecks before being able to purchase donuts (i.e. don't have an extra $20-$40), I'd reconsider buying anything at all and just being a freemium player as money in your wallet is far more valuable at that level. Just my $0.02.

Happy tapping! Love this event.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I think they are a little greedy, but it's better than using that money on drugs and hookers right?

Depends on what drugs and how the hookers look/cost ;-)
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Gotta remind myself-- it's only a game. :wink:
  • johde68
    203 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Ayrianas wrote:

This is exactly why I stopped playing FG quite early after starting that game. They do event after event (which is ok) but they made it to where you basically need to buy your way to the things you want or to even get close to finishing the event.

I hope this game doesn't go that route. I am ok with the way the events have been coming at us considering I was done with the chiliad with a week left to go. I understand not everyone has that luxury as well.

TSTO is far that that point yet. Yes the frequency of events has gone up. I'm a mostly fremium player and I've finished the main prize line of every event after the first one I played (Super Hero 1). And I've been able to get at least some of all the "free" items in all but the first 2 (Super Heros and terwiligers). And SSB was part my fault. The double duty crafting resources messed me up.

At this point, I'm a good 3 day ahead in the main quest prize tract. With only Radioactive man from last year helping.

That being said, being mostly freemium (and totally freemium right now), I need to be careful with my purchases. I try to always leave some donuts dry for "just in case". I bought Roscoe, Pro Shop, and Donut truck from Chili cook off. I wanted to buy the Boat. But decided I couldn't spend that much right now. So, I started Hero's 2 with 425 donuts and just bought Solar and Wind.

As much as I'd like Fruit Bat Man, Burns already has a lot of skins including his vest that pays super premium so I can't justify it. At this point I can't justify most premium skins I much prefer Characters of Buildings.
  • Alexxandria1002
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    johde68 wrote:
    Ayrianas wrote:

TSTO is far that that point yet. Yes the frequency of events has gone up. I'm a mostly fremium player and I've finished the main prize line of every event after the first one I played (Super Hero 1). And I've been able to get at least some of all the "free" items in all but the first 2 (Super Heros and terwiligers). And SSB was part my fault. The double duty crafting resources messed me up.

At this point, I'm a good 3 day ahead in the main quest prize tract. With only Radioactive man from last year helping.

That being said, being mostly freemium (and totally freemium right now), I need to be careful with my purchases. I try to always leave some donuts dry for "just in case". I bought Roscoe, Pro Shop, and Donut truck from Chili cook off. I wanted to buy the Boat. But decided I couldn't spend that much right now. So, I started Hero's 2 with 425 donuts and just bought Solar and Wind.

As much as I'd like Fruit Bat Man, Burns already has a lot of skins including his vest that pays super premium so I can't justify it. At this point I can't justify most premium skins I much prefer Characters of Buildings.

I'm right there with you. Usually, I buy big at Halloween time but I do get things here and there that look appealing. I've never had to "buy my way" with the events and usually have plenty of extra time after I've finished. All I was stating was that I'd hope this game didn't go that route FG did. :lol:
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Uh, this is the big event, right?, this is the donut splurge I've been holding on for. So I'm okay with them making this event their Superbowl in terms of raking in the cash, .... but if they follow this up with a similar big cash grab for a Stonecutters re-release..... then I'd be right there with you saying, "It's too much all in a row! Let us rebuild our d-nuts, for crotchsake!" So i can sympathize with the people who had a TSTO system and yet still got blindsided by this.
  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Uh, this is the big event, right?, this is the donut splurge I've been holding on for. So I'm okay with them making this event their Superbowl in terms of raking in the cash, .... but if they follow this up with a similar big cash grab for a Stonecutters re-release..... then I'd be right there with you saying, "It's too much all in a row! Let us rebuild our d-nuts, for crotchsake!" So i can sympathize with the people who had a TSTO system and yet still got blindsided by this.

The event is sweet for old time players - lots of new content. But it's a killer for those of us that weren't here for it the first time trying to get both old and new.

I broke down and got a boatload, but if they hit us with anything this big again before Halloween, I guess I'll just have to do without.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @OP can we try to help you with tips to earn more donuts? Sounds like you're willing to grind it out.

What level are you at? How high is your multiplier? Cash balance? The KEM method takes more time but is by far the cheapest way to get bonuts from XP levelling up. Buying the XP collider to boost the XP payout X 5 can earn a fair amount of donuts in a short period of time if you have the cash.

Can anyone else offer tips to OP for donut strategies?

• Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    nissa762 wrote:
    @OP can we try to help you with tips to earn more donuts? Sounds like you're willing to grind it out.

What level are you at? How high is your multiplier? Cash balance? The KEM method takes more time but is by far the cheapest way to get bonuts from XP levelling up. Buying the XP collider to boost the XP payout X 5 can earn a fair amount of donuts in a short period of time if you have the cash.

Can anyone else offer tips to OP for donut strategies?

Step 1: knock over a bank.
    Step 2: buy donuts.

In all seriousness the KEM method is what works best for me along with the daily bonus's. Just have to get your grind on fella (OP).
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I have to agree with you. I spend some money on this game too, but with so many new premiums and the high price tags make me less willing to spend money. I can't drop hundreds every few months on this game to get everything.

I mean we're not entitled to everything, but making things limited time is kinda a sleezy salesmen trick. That's something I really prefer not to support. I hope they change their ways in that regard to keep things fair to people who support the game.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited June 2016
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    I mean we're not entitled to everything, but making things limited time is kinda a sleezy salesmen trick. That's something I really prefer not to support. I hope they change their ways in that regard to keep things fair to people who support the game.

How is it so sleazy? Most brick-and-mortar (aka real shops) use the same and similar tactics. Also special events can do that too. First 1000 people get a free XXXXXXXXX (replace that with nearly any item). Not fair to be the 1001 person then. What about the black Friday sales where the sale is 50% off, but only before 10am or something? Same type of thing, a limited time sale of a item in demand. It's really to sell the item. Obviously we are just buying pixels (in which there are infinite amounts of), but the sales tactic matches what normal stores do with allowing something for sale for a particular time frame. The idea is that it is supposed to tempt the buyer and encourage the buyer to complete the purchase. By putting something up for 4 days - makes you evaluate if you need more donuts for said item. If you must have the item, you will buy the donuts. If you can live without the item, then you don't buy the donuts.

I understand there's times where you don't have the money. You can visit a shop and be like oh, I'd love to have that - but then you realize you don't have the money for it. So then you don't buy it.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The KEM method gets me at least 50 donuts a day, so I might get all the content from this update. I have some gift card money, so I might throw it at them to support the game if they fix that crashing glitch that prevents it.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

How is it so sleazy? Most brick-and-mortar (aka real shops) use the same and similar tactics. Also special events can do that too. First 1000 people get a free XXXXXXXXX (replace that with nearly any item). Not fair to be the 1001 person then. What about the black Friday sales where the sale is 50% off, but only before 10am or something? Same type of thing, a limited time sale of a item in demand. It's really to sell the item. Obviously we are just buying pixels (in which there are infinite amounts of), but the sales tactic matches what normal stores do with allowing something for sale for a particular time frame. The idea is that it is supposed to tempt the buyer and encourage the buyer to complete the purchase. By putting something up for 4 days - makes you evaluate if you need more donuts for said item. If you must have the item, you will buy the donuts. If you can live without the item, then you don't buy the donuts.

I understand there's times where you don't have the money. You can visit a shop and be like oh, I'd love to have that - but then you realize you don't have the money for it. So then you don't buy it.

Yup my thrifty ways bit me. Was waiting for a clothing item to go down lower than 30% off in a store I found while travelling (not in Canada, can only buy online here and wasn't willing to bite with the exchange rate). Found out the hard way this store rarely puts many items at 50% off. It's gone now, they sold out. And no, I'm still not willing to pay the full price for the item even if it comes back. I'm not their target customer, they have too many willing to pay much more than me.
  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    I have to agree with you. I spend some money on this game too, but with so many new premiums and the high price tags make me less willing to spend money. I can't drop hundreds every few months on this game to get everything.

I get where you're coming from but I really don't feel this one is an intentional cash grab in the same way Halloween was. I personally found Halloween nearly to the point of offensive as far selling us most of the better items and giving away the lower end stuff (Holiday Homer for free and 3 out of the 4 kids costumes premium - and over priced premium for skins at that. Really EA?).

This time around they're giving almost all the skins for free - including the much wanted clobber girl and stretch dude, plus a ton of the better characters for free.

The fine line they have to try and walk here is offering things older players want and are willing to pay for, while giving newer players the chance to get what they missed out on. So for someone playing for only a year, like myself, that means nearly being beat over the head with premium items.

Yeah, it's overwhelming - but if they didn't offer all the old stuff, I know I'd personally feel ripped off. You can do without, cherry pick what you really want, or just bite the bullet and cough up the money for it. Too much can be as bad as too little, but either way half the players are going to be complaining.

So they get a pass on this one from me. I think they're handling it as best as they can.

But if they roll out a stone cutters sequel like a month after this one finishes and offer up 1000 donuts worth of skins - I am going to be seriously p*ssed. Hitting us this hard again any time before Halloween is going to be pretty money grubbing.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!