EA Forums - Banner

Redesign.....and crash

Prev1
mdfriend wrote:
Yep, I have joined the ranks that now with my redesign I get about two minutes of continuous play time and then the crash. Just did it five times in a row. What a bummer I was not even 1/2 way through decorating my town, but now I am going to have to pull down a town of fences and trees and see if that stabilizes things.

Curious, any of you that might be my friends, are you able to access my town? Does it crash pretty quickly? Actions are be taken to remedy this.

I am not your friend but please feel free to add me (oh how cheap a shot was that). I had this problem for a while. I improved the situation significantly by reducing my friends from 100 to 60 (you should still add me as I would be a welcome addition to any neighbourhood :-) ) and taking an axe to a number of trees. I went two days without crashing until I tapped on Lisa this morning who used a judo throw to exit me out the game.

Replies

• jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:
    Yep, I have joined the ranks that now with my redesign I get about two minutes of continuous play time and then the crash. Just did it five times in a row. What a bummer I was not even 1/2 way through decorating my town, but now I am going to have to pull down a town of fences and trees and see if that stabilizes things.

Curious, any of you that might be my friends, are you able to access my town? Does it crash pretty quickly? Actions are be taken to remedy this.

I am not your friend but please feel free to add me (oh how cheap a shot was that). I had this problem for a while. I improved the situation significantly by reducing my friends from 100 to 60 (you should still add me as I would be a welcome addition to any neighbourhood :-) ) and taking an axe to a number of trees. I went two days without crashing until I tapped on Lisa this morning who used a judo throw to exit me out the game.

Well I've got you both beat, I caught the Homer bug by reading the Homer bug thread. No lie! I was tapping away on him before I read it, setting him on task, then this morning I read a thread "Homer crashes me out of my game" I go in to mine and what happens.........,I've caught the Homer bug, crashed right in to a tree.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Peru, in my search for more forum friends the invite has been sent. Always nice to be able to see a person's Springfield and then comment on it, forum being the only way I know of for now. Yes, I guess I will try the friend hack first, I am at 99, guess I will try the hack down to 60 first.

Just sad that one cannot go full out on decorations or landscaping (I saw oneitunesbabe had to take her hill out because of crashing) because the game cannot handle it. I know I am not saying anything new, but now that this has affected me this has become a much more serious problem that has to be looked into and rectified, the world needs to be spinning back around me.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    Peru, in my search for more forum friends the invite has been sent. Always nice to be able to see a person's Springfield and then comment on it, forum being the only way I know of for now. Yes, I guess I will try the friend hack first, I am at 99, guess I will try the hack down to 60 first.

Just sad that one cannot go full out on decorations or landscaping (I saw oneitunesbabe had to take her hill out because of crashing) because the game cannot handle it. I know I am not saying anything new, but now that this has affected me this has become a much more serious problem that has to be looked into and rectified, the world needs to be spinning back around me.

Thank you and agreed, you wish people would shut up complaining about it and then it happens to you...
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I haven't crashed while visiting your town, only while visiting my own.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    I haven't crashed while visiting your town, only while visiting my own.

This really started last night as I was putting more to it, so if you went this morning already and did not crash that is great.

• lll3lucky
    542 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I have this same problem also with very very few friends and I have the same amount of trees, shrubbery etc before the crashing started. All I did was move things around with the newer updates but I haven't purchased any trees. The problem still exists. I think it's a shame that people (including myself) are afraid to decorate because that is the games main attraction, for fear of crashing. We are from around the globe and I really don't think the problem is in what we do to our town(s). We all have different OS and it still occurs randomly. It started after New Years for w.e. reason in my town and it has just trickled down to random clicking, not just one specific character or task; even when I click the hammer or directional, etc it still occurs. I just hope that EA will come up with a solution before we get too frustrated.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:

This morning I did not notice any problem when visiting your town. So now I checked again, and I did crash two times. First time though I scrolled at super speed, just to see what would happen. Second time I scrolled slowly and crashed after 1 minute.
    In my own town I have crashes too (started after the last update). But then mostly when assigning new jobs. I realy hope they address this problem as soon as possible.
  • furrycat1
    28 posts
    edited January 2013
    I was able to visit your town and had just enough time to vandalise your school before it kicked me out :(

It was a very nice town though, shame its crashing

• mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:

This morning I did not notice any problem when visiting your town. So now I checked again, and I did crash two times. First time though I scrolled at super speed, just to see what would happen. Second time I scrolled slowly and crashed after 1 minute.
    In my own town I have crashes too (started after the last update). But then mostly when assigning new jobs. I realy hope they address this problem as soon as possible.

This is what I was afraid of, I thought this was going to happen after my sudden crashing. Trying the friend list trim first, but frankly I do not think that is going to fix my problem if it is crashing on other user's devices. After that I will probably start deleting a lot of fences as that is the majority of what I have added.

I do apologize to those I cut, nothing personal, all in the name of stability.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I just checked out your town again and got to the upper right corner before I crashed. I cut my friends list to 37 and removed all invites and I'm still crashing.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    This makes me glad that I've taken a hiatus from visiting neighbours after the great coin-stocking chase of '13. I haven't visited anyone's town in about 4 days.

But since I started a major re-design last night, this makes me somewhat wary....
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    furrycat1 wrote:
    I was able to visit your town and had just enough time to vandalise your school before it kicked me out :(

It was a very nice town though, shame its crashing

Furrycat, thanks, for letting me know...wow, only enough time to vandalize the school, that is not much at all. As I am cutting I am going through the towns, like yours as well
    zuzupj wrote:
    I just checked out your town again and got to the upper right corner before I crashed. I cut my friends list to 37 and removed all invites and I'm still crashing.

I fear it really has to do with decorations. Once I whittle the list down I will see, but I am figuring it will make no difference for me.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    This makes me glad that I've taken a hiatus from visiting neighbours after the great coin-stocking chase of '13. I haven't visited anyone's town in about 4 days.

But since I started a major re-design last night, this makes me somewhat wary....

If possible try not to add any more decorations, and hopefully if you were not crashing you still will not. I added a ton of fences, all types, I might strip most of those away. A few trees for specific types, but I still have quite a few in storage from my original town, so I think it is mainly fences, oh, and patio tables, I went a bit nuts on those too.

My only other concern is that I shifted from just a few major streets and all water to more streets, I hope that would not be the problem
  • dougsbeard
    286 posts
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    Yep, I have joined the ranks that now with my redesign I get about two minutes of continuous play time and then the crash.

yeah mines been doing the same since my (small) re-design this past weekend. now that you posted this im wondering if anyone is crashing when visiting my town as well.
  • furrycat1
    28 posts
    edited January 2013
    Thank you. :D

I just tried it again and was able to stay in a bit longer and finish vandalising this time, but then got kicked out as soon as I started looking around. :(
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    dougsbeard wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:
    Yep, I have joined the ranks that now with my redesign I get about two minutes of continuous play time and then the crash.

yeah mines been doing the same since my (small) re-design this past weekend. now that you posted this im wondering if anyone is crashing when visiting my town as well.

Yep, I just went into your town and lasted about a minute (no that's what she said jokes please)....I did medium fast scrolling to slow scrolling. I was able to get to the upper left corner, over to the upper right corner, down to the bottom right corner and then the crash.
  • woodychips134
    68 posts
    edited January 2013
    My game has been crashing a heck of a lot more than usual lately. Ever since the Christmas ending update.

I'm getting multiple Bart "cannot connect to server" screens, multiple donut spinning forever screens, and when I am lucky to get on, it crashes after 60 seconds or so.

I have already purged most of my decorations and trimmed the friends list. No help.

I was tempted to splurge on some more donuts after cashing in my coins but there is no way
    that I will buy donuts for a game that gives me this much grief.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    furrycat1 wrote:
    Thank you. :D

I just tried it again and was able to stay in a bit longer and finish vandalising this time, but then got kicked out as soon as I started looking around. :(

Thank you for vandalizing at least!! Definitely keeping you as a friend, I like vandal friends.
  • dougsbeard
    286 posts
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    dougsbeard wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:
    Yep, I just went into your town and lasted about a minute (no that's what she said jokes please)....I did medium fast scrolling to slow scrolling. I was able to get to the upper left corner, over to the upper right corner, down to the bottom right corner and then the crash.

SON OF A...!!! yeah i always seem to crash in one of the corners. it didnt bug me as much when we couldnt even get into the game. but crashing this regularly while trying to collect/build is really starting to get on my nerves.

EDIT: oh and thank you mdfriend for the heads up.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:

If possible try not to add any more decorations, and hopefully if you were not crashing you still will not. I added a ton of fences, all types, I might strip most of those away. A few trees for specific types, but I still have quite a few in storage from my original town, so I think it is mainly fences, oh, and patio tables, I went a bit nuts on those too.

My only other concern is that I shifted from just a few major streets and all water to more streets, I hope that would not be the problem

I kept to mostly moving/storing what I already had. But I did just buy 8-9 lamp posts.

Crossing my fingers.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!