EA Forums - Banner

Late Start, anything help with catchup?

miraclemet wrote:
Missed the update until yesterday. Find myself about 10k behind the calendar. Can I catch up in time for issue one? Im not sure.

Any purchase/upgrades make the most sense to play catch up?

I have enough superheroes to get thru my fights every 4 hours... so buying another hero doenst seem like it would help.

Sequal Squad Membership? It only multiples rewards from friend visits, but that's something...

Satellite generates brass knuckles too....

thoughts?
the sequel squad membership isn't worth the donuts but the other stuff is up to you

Replies

• Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    miraclemet wrote:
    Missed the update until yesterday. Find myself about 10k behind the calendar. Can I catch up in time for issue one? Im not sure.

Any purchase/upgrades make the most sense to play catch up?

I have enough superheroes to get thru my fights every 4 hours... so buying another hero doenst seem like it would help.

Sequal Squad Membership? It only multiples rewards from friend visits, but that's something...

Satellite generates brass knuckles too....

thoughts?

Definitely go back through the threads there is some great info in detail there, but here are some cliff notes:

-The best way to build your Knuckles is to lose your fights to the bad guys, you gain bonuses for a loss and it will not effect your end bonuses for a win.
    -Easiest way to lose is to keep all your superheroes at the lowest heart level.
    -Send your superheroes to fight one at a time each fight then becomes a loss, aim for a one heart loss as often as possible.
    -So send your 2 heart brain against a brawn boss he will hit enemy for 1heart then die
    -In this scenario the more superheroes the better as the wind and solar pair both start as 2 heart. And are a good price for 2 playable characters.
    - Dont be afraid to let your enemies build up, you can hold upto 12 sets at a time. sometimes sitting out Pieman may allow you more losses. 5-7 losses before you win are possible.
    -I have been playing the losing game hard and I will complete all prizes within the next 24 hours. So this event is easy to catch up.
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The social battles are what would interest me. You need to complete so many of them to get the last price that you have no chance of getting it anymore. But perhaps you get three every day and it adds up so you can do more than three battles now? That would be interesting to know.

Sadly I suspect that you'll only be able to battle three times, which means you lost your opportunity to get that price. Then again... Only very very few people will get it anyways cause you need to be really careful. Miss one day and you're out.
  • Muhsterino
    4498 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Check out the Q & A thread, stickied above.
    Collect event items from tapping criminals in friends towns (first 50 taps).
    The more characters you have, the easier you can lose and get more knuckles.
    I bought the combo of Citizen Solar and Wind Lad, I really like them and they can also earn knuckles and square inches at Burns Summer Mansion.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • dave_815
    8 posts
    edited June 2016
    All of the above and to be honest most people see to well ahead of the daily targets according to the Calander so if you play ever day from now on you'll be surprise how quick to collect knuckles.
  • johde68
    203 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Brabsel wrote:
    The social battles are what would interest me. You need to complete so many of them to get the last price that you have no chance of getting it anymore. But perhaps you get three every day and it adds up so you can do more than three battles now? That would be interesting to know.

Sadly I suspect that you'll only be able to battle three times, which means you lost your opportunity to get that price. Then again... Only very very few people will get it anyways cause you need to be really careful. Miss one day and you're out.

I'm figuring/hoping they up the limit in Issue 2 or 3. Like you said, as it stands right now, the tolerances right now are too close. The typical person is going to lose at lease one day over the course of 41 days due to time drift. I did my first 2 days at night, now I've drifted to need to start in the morning. Today it's going to drift to the afternoon, and by tuesday it's going to be late afternoon. By the end of issue 1 I'll have probably missed a day because of drift alone.
  • smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    miraclemet wrote:
    Late Start, anything help with catchup?

xDMVRSXl.jpg
  • LagginPotato64
    212 posts New member
    edited June 2016
    It shouldn't be too hard to catch up. There's still 9 days left for this act and I only have 2 more prizes left to get, so i'll have like 5 days of nothing. Just play every 4 hours if you can to get your battles in and win them.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I think there will be more opportunities to earn points for the social prizes, so don't give up on that yet.
  • matt777jam77
    243 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    dave_815 wrote:
    All of the above and to be honest most people see to well ahead of the daily targets according to the Calander so if you play ever day from now on you'll be surprise how quick to collect knuckles.

This. Ill have Snake skin which is thursdays goal by noon Sunday. Got about 400 more trading cards to get the book store as well. The book store i was worried about when the event first started but cards seemed to have just started pouring in i guess.

I didnt do any knuckle fight club, not even sure what it was. I didnt lose any fights on purpose (still undefeated) just playing normal style of game and cruising through.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If I started late I'd buy the membership card. While not worth it on day one, it's a no brainier for catching up.
  • wadebear
    4030 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    A good way to get extra knuckles and/or cards is with the Challengers. Skip any challenge that doesn't payout Brass Knuckles or Collector cards.

I already have Cyborg Snake and Springfield Books in all my towns - even my piddling #3 town that I just started back in February.

The hardest thing is the Friend Battles, at least until you get the 3rd Felon. You'll need a lot of Band-aids and Science Water to win the first few. Of course, you don't HAVE to win them - you get the point either way. Just don't exit the battle before winning or losing, you'll lose your point if you do.

I think they must be going to give us more Friend Battles per day or something. I've battled every time possible and I still may come up short due to the time drift.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I've got the Bookstore and I'm working on Old King Coal. I can't say what's the best strategy, but the lose-lose-win battle one seems to help.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    cdepast wrote:
    If I started late I'd buy the membership card. While not worth it on day one, it's a no brainier for catching up.
    Absolutely, 100% do not do that. You should probably be fine without any help, but if you do feel the need to spend donuts to catch up, Wind Lad & Citizen Solar are much better bang for your buck, plus they will actually be something you have after the event is over.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    johde68 wrote:
    Brabsel wrote:

I'm figuring/hoping they up the limit in Issue 2 or 3. Like you said, as it stands right now, the tolerances right now are too close. The typical person is going to lose at lease one day over the course of 41 days due to time drift. I did my first 2 days at night, now I've drifted to need to start in the morning. Today it's going to drift to the afternoon, and by tuesday it's going to be late afternoon. By the end of issue 1 I'll have probably missed a day because of drift alone.

Have to agree here. I can't imagine that the event was designed so badly, this would make this prize track nearly impossible to complete by all but the most religous players. Either they intended for to add more fight later, or this was a mistake which will be patched up eventually... or else EA have completely lost their mind.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    cdepast wrote:
    Absolutely, 100% do not do that. You should probably be fine without any help, but if you do feel the need to spend donuts to catch up, Wind Lad & Citizen Solar are much better bang for your buck, plus they will actually be something you have after the event is over.

we will have to agree to disagree. If you played the 1st Superheros event, and have the premium skins (bartman, fruit bat) then you have an abundance of fighters already. That said, if I started an event late and was really far behind, I'd spend the donuts on anything that could help me close the gap.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    cdepast wrote:
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    cdepast wrote:

we will have to agree to disagree. If you played the 1st Superheros event, and have the premium skins (bartman, fruit bat) then you have an abundance of fighters already. That said, if I started an event late and was really far behind, I'd spend the donuts on anything that could help me close the gap.
    Those characters are more than just fighters, they have 4 hour tasks that earn 12 brass knuckles & 4 square inches each. Compared to only 8 days of friend visits (if you even manage to get all of them):
    30 actions: 3 brass knuckles & 2 cards
    20 actions: 1 brass knuckle

Getting the membership card is the least efficient and most time consuming way to catch up, and after the event ends you have nothing to show for the donuts spent.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • AirurandoP
    852 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    You'll be grand. Probably have time to spare at the end of act 1 too.

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!