EA Forums - Banner

What's worth crafting?

Prev1
Only craftable that gives money/ Xp is the bookstore so far. Not sure about acts 2 or 3.

Are you using a lot of resources on band-aids? If so, there's no need with the intentional losing approach or simply waiting for your fighters to heal.

Plus, if you can, logging in and tapping felons and fighting felons makes a big difference.

Replies

  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    From the looks of it most of the crafting will come in acts/issues 2 & 3. Craft the items you want in act/issue 1 and continue to save up for what comes next.
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I think I crafted band aids once early on in the event, but really there is no need to... it's just a question of picking the right fighter to stsrt the battle. I've not lost one battle yet.

    I've unlocked most of the main prices, it's just crafting materials I could use more of. But for now, I guess I will stick with the bookstore and see what act 2 has to offer :-)
  • Grumpstown
    1362 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    get the collectors car, neat looking IMO, definetly a must have^^
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited June 2016
    I'd say everything is worth crafting (especially if you want the item). This refers to the 4 unique prizes, not bandaids or waters. If you don't craft it by the end of Act 1 - you may see it return for donuts in the future - then it will add a % bonus. If you are strictly looking for benefits now, then definitely the building. Just know you have less than 7 days to get it. So plan accordingly.
  • nutty31383286
    5 posts
    edited June 2016
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    ...If you don't craft it by the end of Act 1 - you may see it return for donuts in the future - then it will add a % bonus...

    Excluding the bookstore, I can't say I'm really all that bothered with the other Act 1 craftables, but this is a valid point. I had not considered this...
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited June 2016
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    ...If you don't craft it by the end of Act 1 - you may see it return for donuts in the future - then it will add a % bonus...

    Excluding the bookstore, I can't say I'm really all that bothered with the other Act 1 craftables, but this is a valid point. I had not considered this...

    It's happened before and will happen again. Just the nature of the game. Items within events that are "free" often return in the future - and most cases come at a price. Now it is possible one of these items may be offered for in game cash, or future event currency. But we won't know until we get there.

    Considering those 3 items belong to the Collector - a character created for Halloween - it may be sooner than we think.
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    If you don't craft it by the end of Act 1 - you may see it return for donuts in the future - then it will add a % bonus.

    But would that apply too if you crafted the item at an earlier event and didn't pay for them?

    I'd craft everything if I wasn't struggling with the materials. Maybe I'll see how much I have when we get to the end of the act.

    I could still kick myself for NOT knowing about the wall bonus during the Halloween event, especially considering I had SO many materials and was crafting like crazy... just not that many of those walls.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited June 2016
    gozerfreak wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    If you don't craft it by the end of Act 1 - you may see it return for donuts in the future - then it will add a % bonus.

    But would that apply too if you crafted the item at an earlier event and didn't pay for them?

    Sure does, they don't make 2 of the same item - one for free and one with a bonus. They simply update the item.

    Not only the wailing wall thing, but there was the tennis court thing too. Before EA knew they did it, they put the PREMIUM tennis court as a craftable for movie awards (SH). Then now there's a second version that doesn't have the bonus with the premium one being inactive item. That was some time ago around when SH launched though, or sometime after.

    The first Valentine's Day - there were no premium decorations. When the second/third year came around (2014 and 2015), the train, the pond and the hammock all became premium. So there were those of us that had crafted/purchased multiples of those, and they all got a % bonus increase.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Here's the crafting guide:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10412597.page

    I crafted everything but the bookstore. I may pass on that one due to cost, also not sure if the building does anything other than payout cash.

    Anyone know if the bookstore has tasks for characters at it?

    I'm not sure which items in the next issues are unique, but am hoping some aren't. Either way, none give multiplier bonus in any issue - so for me it's what I want as a decoration, or may want in the future. Looks like there may be opportunities in upcoming issues to create a house farm for those interested.

    For this issue, it's if you like it.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    nissa762 wrote:
    Anyone know if the bookstore has tasks for characters at it?

    There's a small questline that involves Bart and Milhouse. Not sure about permanent tasks.
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    GamerGD3 wrote:

    Sure does, they don't make 2 of the same item - one for free and one with a bonus. They simply update the item.

    Generally true, but I think there are some examples where they did do this. The last winter event they released some snow statues that were craftable, visually identical, but did not have the multiplier (listed below)

    Homer Snowman - 0.5%
    Bart Snowman - 0.5%
    Santa's Little Helper Snowdog - 0.75%
    Snowball II Snowcat - 2%

    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited June 2016
    anaquarind wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:

    Sure does, they don't make 2 of the same item - one for free and one with a bonus. They simply update the item.

    Generally true, but I think there are some examples where they did do this. The last winter event they released some snow statues that were craftable, visually identical, but did not have the multiplier (listed below)

    Homer Snowman - 0.5%
    Bart Snowman - 0.5%
    Santa's Little Helper Snowdog - 0.75%
    Snowball II Snowcat - 2%

    I think since those started as a premium possibly. So they can't take away a bonus that was bought with donuts.
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:

    Sure does, they don't make 2 of the same item - one for free and one with a bonus. They simply update the item.

    Generally true, but I think there are some examples where they did do this. The last winter event they released some snow statues that were craftable, visually identical, but did not have the multiplier (listed below)

    Homer Snowman - 0.5%
    Bart Snowman - 0.5%
    Santa's Little Helper Snowdog - 0.75%
    Snowball II Snowcat - 2%

    I think since those started as a premium possibly. So they can't take away a bonus that was bought with donuts.

    Yes you're right, they started off as premium. Just saying it's possible to have two different versions if they chose to go that route.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    nissa762 wrote:
    Here's the crafting guide:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10412597.page

    I crafted everything but the bookstore. I may pass on that one due to cost, also not sure if the building does anything other than payout cash.

    Anyone know if the bookstore has tasks for characters at it?

    I'm not sure which items in the next issues are unique, but am hoping some aren't. Either way, none give multiplier bonus in any issue - so for me it's what I want as a decoration, or may want in the future. Looks like there may be opportunities in upcoming issues to create a house farm for those interested.

    For this issue, it's if you like it.

    I like the bookstore especially the sign outside with Xena-- I love the show (interestingly, FG game just had the Xena character in their recent Greek Life event). :wink:
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    for II, I'll be going in this order of importance---
    [crafting spoilers, if you even care]

    zenith city times,
    new zenith city buildings
    wharf,
    billboard,
    snake in tree

    III
    botanical garden,
    atomic bomb,
    [Bastille Day Save-up] [unless that happens in II ]........
    clothesline --> high-voltage transformer --> lamp post --> painted horse
    [more atomic bombs if possible, as desired]
    then last years' zenith city buildings
    (because those have always seemed uninspired and off-brand somehow, and I wouldn't recommend crafting multiples of those since all it accomplishes by having them next to each other is to confirm their oddness.)
    Lastly, the Zenith bins and such.
  • lotusmantisx
    164 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If anybody has a list of what items we can and can't craft multiples of it would be appreciated. But I'm guessing the generic zenith buildings and trash bins we'll be Able to craft multiples. Normally I like to craft each thing just in case I find a use for it later, but for this event the trading cards seem scarce. So I'm waiting until the last moments of Issue 1 to see if I want to craft the collector statue and lucite or save for issue 2 and 3
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If anybody has a list of what items we can and can't craft multiples of it would be appreciated. But I'm guessing the generic zenith buildings and trash bins we'll be Able to craft multiples. Normally I like to craft each thing just in case I find a use for it later, but for this event the trading cards seem scarce. So I'm waiting until the last moments of Issue 1 to see if I want to craft the collector statue and lucite or save for issue 2 and 3

    Tapped Out wiki has some spoilers but may change.
  • Kratos6283
    366 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    For me, the bookstore is the only thing in Act 1 I really wanted to craft, but of course I'll get them all.

    The THOH episode with The Collector, Stretch Dude, and Clobber Girl is one of my favorites!
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    I'd say everything is worth crafting (especially if you want the item). This refers to the 4 unique prizes, not bandaids or waters. If you don't craft it by the end of Act 1 - you may see it return for donuts in the future - then it will add a % bonus. If you are strictly looking for benefits now, then definitely the building. Just know you have less than 7 days to get it. So plan accordingly.


    I was not terribly intetested in anything but the bookstore until I read your post. Excellent point and great advice very worth following.

    Thanks
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11520 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    the zenith buildings 're not unique. for the decos this are this event's unique:

    Alien
    Attack Helicopter
    The Collector Lucite Statue
    Basketball Court
    Kiosk
    Lobster Island
    Lucite Container
    Milhouse's Trailer
    X-Ray Machine
    X-Ray Truck
    Satellite Station
    Pie Man Epic Statue
    Aqua World Main Guard Tower
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!