EA Forums - Banner

Congratulations to the Brexitters!!

Replies

  • NicholasD1984
    2698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    Apparently there are lots of people regretting their decision. There is an online petition for a re-vote so I suggest everyone who wants to remain signs. It's already at 2 million.

    Just wanted to comment on this. Just read 2 things. This was originally started a MONTH ago. So it's not by people who were angry with the result. The person who done it has admitted he concealed the fact he had created it back then. And secondly it's got fake signatures these signatures are from Korea the Vatican and others. It was hacked by the remain group. Good hey.
  • NicholasD1984
    2698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    if you come out of the Single Market, it would be a disaster for firms like Nissan (Sunderland) as one example. I believe this will ultimately force many large firms like Nissan, Hitachi, and others to re-locate (no choice). Doubtful the EU will be sympathetic in their break-away terms either.

    Just read how the majority of 18-25 year olds feel duped and didn't even realize what they were voting for - scary. I guess that ties to the 'What is the EU?' top Google search over the past few days in the UK.

    To those who voted to leave, what primary reasons drove you to this being the best solution? Curious.

    I voted to leave for many reasons. Immigration being too high. Being told by the eu what to do. We can't do what we want to do as it would upset the eu. We can't deport eu members for very bad crimes because it's against their human rights. The list for me is long. Why should we be dictated to by a unelected body. This has been my stance for a number of years now.

    They are actually elected, just not voted for in the same way as our general elections are.

    The saddest and most shocking thing is the racism that has already begun. In Cambridge yesterday laminated cards were put through Polish people's doors with 'No more Polish vermin' written on them in English and Polish, then today racist graffiti was written on the Polish cultural centre in London. It's only been 48 hours :(

    As well as that, in those 48hours everything the remain campaigners said would happen has, and the leave campaigners have backtracked and retracted on what they promised would happen, admitting a lot of it was lies. Nigel Farage admitted the claims of the leave campaigners that we would now be able to put the 350 million a week we gave to the EU into the NHS was a lie, and today admitted that the UK would now go into a recession. The steel industry is in big trouble too; a sale of the Tata plant is in jeopardy meaning 11,000 people could lose their jobs, and shares and investment in the housing sector have fallen by 50%, which will mean less homes being built and a major loss of jobs.

    I don't condone the racist behaviour of these idiots.
    These promises that are now not going to happen your are you telling me that the remain campaign wouldn't have done the same thing? Of course they would have. As for the companies wanting to move let them it's only a small portion that's leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if some didn't pay full taxes to us. People were saying that we leave we'll be in a recession hang on a min we are sort of in one now and that was last month. The manufacturing industry went into one before the vote. Since David Cameron and first his coalition took us to 2 and one when he came back to power. It's all scare tactics. Everyone was saying it's going to be bad all doom and gloom. Just wait and see how wrong they will be.

    You have a lot of confidence in something that even the experts and people behind the leave campaign have now admitted they are very uncertain about...

    As for the recession - we've been coming out of the recession and doing really well compared to about ten years ago when it hit the fan, so not sure what you mean by that.

    Where have you been living in the last 6 years? He has taken us into a double dip recession in the coalition. Then last year we were in one. And now as I said technically are in one now. Your one of these who proberly keep blaming labour for they past mistakes. Come on. Juliet go back and read my post where I posted I wanted to leave years ago. Before this referendum came about. Before this government and the coalition came about.
  • 4junk3000
    5333 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Sad to see that the divisional politics which have screwed the US are working so well back in the UK.

    Really sad.

    The elite have corrupted world govts to the point that words like democracy and liberty don't even have the same meaning anymore.

    patriotism is backseat to nationalism.

    The elite media is orchestrating our return to serfdom. They keep the public in a constant state of fear and drown us with misinformation. Meanwhile we embrace our own decline, more focused on obtaining the latest material possessions. Ooh new iphone! And we celebrate our ignorance, more concerned with team identity than what's actually best for a society.

    Working class folks have forgotten that they are just a commodity, a line item, AN EXPENSE, to the elite. So they will continue to usher in their own demise.

    The third world war stage is being constructed as we speak. They just need to escalate the hate a little more, until we're ready again to take arms against our neighbors and brothers.

    Lemmings. The fearful will usher us all right off the cliff. Then say "oops" on the way down.

    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • NicholasD1984
    2698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The media have done there best to scare a lot of people. Instead of letting people vote with their heads they have pulled on their heartstrings stricking fear into them so they are scared to believe what is right and are fed what is wrong. I personally hate the media. Bunch of morons. (That's a polite thing to call them)
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    While I’m not not fan of the the sort of hate-mongering and nativism as reflected in recent political trends both in the U.S. and in parts of Europe, it’s a perfectly predictable outgrowth of what going in the world. The UNHCR recently released a report noting that as of 2015 1 of 113 people on the planet have been forceably displaced in some way. That’s a population shift pretty much without precedent. Things are only going to get worse.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Annette: John and Yoko had this idea back in 1973: Nutopia. Google for more info. Meanwhile, let's all sing their International Anthem:


    Awesomeness.

    (We're doing our dual-citizenship paperwork, and found the 1920 US census and the 1930 US census for Port Chester, NY -- where Joe's grandparents lived after they immigrated from Italy.

    On the 1920 census, to identify the country from whence they came, the title of the column is "Nativity and Mother Tongue: Place of birth of each person and parents of each person enumerated. ... If of foreign birth, give the place of birth ... "

    On the 1930 census, the column heading is: Place of Birth: Place of birth for each person enumerated and of his or her parents. ... If of foreign birth, give country in which birthplace is now situated. "

    If that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    if you come out of the Single Market, it would be a disaster for firms like Nissan (Sunderland) as one example. I believe this will ultimately force many large firms like Nissan, Hitachi, and others to re-locate (no choice). Doubtful the EU will be sympathetic in their break-away terms either.

    Just read how the majority of 18-25 year olds feel duped and didn't even realize what they were voting for - scary. I guess that ties to the 'What is the EU?' top Google search over the past few days in the UK.

    To those who voted to leave, what primary reasons drove you to this being the best solution? Curious.

    I voted to leave for many reasons. Immigration being too high. Being told by the eu what to do. We can't do what we want to do as it would upset the eu. We can't deport eu members for very bad crimes because it's against their human rights. The list for me is long. Why should we be dictated to by a unelected body. This has been my stance for a number of years now.

    They are actually elected, just not voted for in the same way as our general elections are.

    The saddest and most shocking thing is the racism that has already begun. In Cambridge yesterday laminated cards were put through Polish people's doors with 'No more Polish vermin' written on them in English and Polish, then today racist graffiti was written on the Polish cultural centre in London. It's only been 48 hours :(

    As well as that, in those 48hours everything the remain campaigners said would happen has, and the leave campaigners have backtracked and retracted on what they promised would happen, admitting a lot of it was lies. Nigel Farage admitted the claims of the leave campaigners that we would now be able to put the 350 million a week we gave to the EU into the NHS was a lie, and today admitted that the UK would now go into a recession. The steel industry is in big trouble too; a sale of the Tata plant is in jeopardy meaning 11,000 people could lose their jobs, and shares and investment in the housing sector have fallen by 50%, which will mean less homes being built and a major loss of jobs.

    I don't condone the racist behaviour of these idiots.
    These promises that are now not going to happen your are you telling me that the remain campaign wouldn't have done the same thing? Of course they would have. As for the companies wanting to move let them it's only a small portion that's leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if some didn't pay full taxes to us. People were saying that we leave we'll be in a recession hang on a min we are sort of in one now and that was last month. The manufacturing industry went into one before the vote. Since David Cameron and first his coalition took us to 2 and one when he came back to power. It's all scare tactics. Everyone was saying it's going to be bad all doom and gloom. Just wait and see how wrong they will be.

    You have a lot of confidence in something that even the experts and people behind the leave campaign have now admitted they are very uncertain about...

    As for the recession - we've been coming out of the recession and doing really well compared to about ten years ago when it hit the fan, so not sure what you mean by that.

    Where have you been living in the last 6 years? He has taken us into a double dip recession in the coalition. Then last year we were in one. And now as I said technically are in one now. Your one of these who proberly keep blaming labour for they past mistakes. Come on. Juliet go back and read my post where I posted I wanted to leave years ago. Before this referendum came about. Before this government and the coalition came about.

    I think you're confusing economic instability with a recession. I was talking about the Great Recession of 2008-2013 which effected pretty much the whole world. It's even listed as the most recent UK recession so I'm not sure which one you're talking about when you say we had one last year and are in one now :?

    Why would I blame labour when I'm a labour supporter? That's a weird assumption to make for no reason. I didn't presume you were a UKIP fan just because you don't like immigrants. It was a global recession, Labour had nothing to do with it, other than the unfortunate fact that they happened to be the elected party when it occured. I also find it amusing that you've said leavers are getting abuse and that it's not on, when in your above post you were pretty patronising towards me and even presumed to know my political preferences...

    @Jukon I fear you're right and that WW3 isn't too far around the corner.

    On the ironic side, leavers' plans to stop immigrants are looking like they're going to backfire now that France are threatening to stop the border controls in Calais.
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Forget who I'm answering on the first part of this post.

    No they are NOT elected, do your homework. I like Nick have wanted out for years.

    I care about this country, I want the best for our future that's why I do my homework, that's why I voted out.

    Even other eu member leaders are calling for a change.

    THEY ARE CORRUPT, and want complete control, how can anyone with integrity can support this kind of system. How could anyone want their children raised in a system such as this. Doesn't t anyone care.

    Maybe you should perhaps read what Neil Kinnocks son said about 'we little people' of no consequence. Did anyone watch the Turkish president on tv when he said shared with us what his plans are for the whole of Europe.

    Take off your rose coloured glasses and see it for what it is. See what they are doing, what they are planning. Stop thinking of money, and with tunnel vision, see the bigger picture what they have in mind. junk4 as you said back to serfdom.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Slayer I was talking about this (taken from the European Parliament website). If you meant something else I apologise, this is what I based my reply on earlier. Well this and a couple of other websites.

    "There are elections for the European Parliament every five years. They happen in all EU member states. The next European elections will be in 2019.

    The last elections were in the period 22nd-25th May 2014. In the UK they were on 22nd May 2014.

    The UK elects 73 Members of the European Parliament.

    In the UK you have to be over 18 and a British citizen or an EU or Commonwealth citizen resident in the UK in order to vote in European parliamentary elections. You also have to be on the electoral roll. If you're an EU citizen, but not a British citizen then you additionally have to sign a form for the Electoral Commission stating that you will only vote in the UK and not in your country of citizenship. The queen cannot vote in elections!

    Can I vote in European elections in the UK?
    We have 12 electoral districts in the UK: one each for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. England has nine because of its larger population. Each district elects between 3 and 10 MEPs, depending on how many people live there.

    In 2014 there were 724 candidates from 41 parties who stood in the European elections in the UK."


    There's more but it's basically the same thing. Like I said if I'm wrong about then then I apologise but this is what I read.
  • NicholasD1984
    2698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    if you come out of the Single Market, it would be a disaster for firms like Nissan (Sunderland) as one example. I believe this will ultimately force many large firms like Nissan, Hitachi, and others to re-locate (no choice). Doubtful the EU will be sympathetic in their break-away terms either.

    Just read how the majority of 18-25 year olds feel duped and didn't even realize what they were voting for - scary. I guess that ties to the 'What is the EU?' top Google search over the past few days in the UK.

    To those who voted to leave, what primary reasons drove you to this being the best solution? Curious.

    I voted to leave for many reasons. Immigration being too high. Being told by the eu what to do. We can't do what we want to do as it would upset the eu. We can't deport eu members for very bad crimes because it's against their human rights. The list for me is long. Why should we be dictated to by a unelected body. This has been my stance for a number of years now.

    They are actually elected, just not voted for in the same way as our general elections are.

    The saddest and most shocking thing is the racism that has already begun. In Cambridge yesterday laminated cards were put through Polish people's doors with 'No more Polish vermin' written on them in English and Polish, then today racist graffiti was written on the Polish cultural centre in London. It's only been 48 hours :(

    As well as that, in those 48hours everything the remain campaigners said would happen has, and the leave campaigners have backtracked and retracted on what they promised would happen, admitting a lot of it was lies. Nigel Farage admitted the claims of the leave campaigners that we would now be able to put the 350 million a week we gave to the EU into the NHS was a lie, and today admitted that the UK would now go into a recession. The steel industry is in big trouble too; a sale of the Tata plant is in jeopardy meaning 11,000 people could lose their jobs, and shares and investment in the housing sector have fallen by 50%, which will mean less homes being built and a major loss of jobs.

    I don't condone the racist behaviour of these idiots.
    These promises that are now not going to happen your are you telling me that the remain campaign wouldn't have done the same thing? Of course they would have. As for the companies wanting to move let them it's only a small portion that's leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if some didn't pay full taxes to us. People were saying that we leave we'll be in a recession hang on a min we are sort of in one now and that was last month. The manufacturing industry went into one before the vote. Since David Cameron and first his coalition took us to 2 and one when he came back to power. It's all scare tactics. Everyone was saying it's going to be bad all doom and gloom. Just wait and see how wrong they will be.

    You have a lot of confidence in something that even the experts and people behind the leave campaign have now admitted they are very uncertain about...

    As for the recession - we've been coming out of the recession and doing really well compared to about ten years ago when it hit the fan, so not sure what you mean by that.

    Where have you been living in the last 6 years? He has taken us into a double dip recession in the coalition. Then last year we were in one. And now as I said technically are in one now. Your one of these who proberly keep blaming labour for they past mistakes. Come on. Juliet go back and read my post where I posted I wanted to leave years ago. Before this referendum came about. Before this government and the coalition came about.

    I think you're confusing economic instability with a recession. I was talking about the Great Recession of 2008-2013 which effected pretty much the whole world. It's even listed as the most recent UK recession so I'm not sure which one you're talking about when you say we had one last year and are in one now :?

    Why would I blame labour when I'm a labour supporter? That's a weird assumption to make for no reason. I didn't presume you were a UKIP fan just because you don't like immigrants. It was a global recession, Labour had nothing to do with it, other than the unfortunate fact that they happened to be the elected party when it occured. I also find it amusing that you've said leavers are getting abuse and that it's not on, when in your above post you were pretty patronising towards me and even presumed to know my political preferences...

    @Jukon I fear you're right and that WW3 isn't too far around the corner.

    On the ironic side, leavers' plans to stop immigrants are looking like they're going to backfire now that France are threatening to stop the border controls in Calais.

    Juliet where did I mention about the world recession. Am on about out country. When we were coming out of the first recession Cameron took us into a double dip recession. We managed to get ourselves back on track. But last year went back into one and then again a technical one now. It's been published in the media.

    I assumed you were not a labour supporter by your comment about labours fault on the first recession and not mentioning the ones under David Cameron's leadership. As for the leavers getting abuse we are. We are being called racists because we don't want more immigrants coming in. Why is that racist? I got attacked because I don't think it's right that we should give benefits to people who are not in this country. If they are poor surely their own countries have a benefits system to help them out. Then got attacked over the older generation. All us leavers have been abused.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    if you come out of the Single Market, it would be a disaster for firms like Nissan (Sunderland) as one example. I believe this will ultimately force many large firms like Nissan, Hitachi, and others to re-locate (no choice). Doubtful the EU will be sympathetic in their break-away terms either.

    Just read how the majority of 18-25 year olds feel duped and didn't even realize what they were voting for - scary. I guess that ties to the 'What is the EU?' top Google search over the past few days in the UK.

    To those who voted to leave, what primary reasons drove you to this being the best solution? Curious.

    I voted to leave for many reasons. Immigration being too high. Being told by the eu what to do. We can't do what we want to do as it would upset the eu. We can't deport eu members for very bad crimes because it's against their human rights. The list for me is long. Why should we be dictated to by a unelected body. This has been my stance for a number of years now.

    They are actually elected, just not voted for in the same way as our general elections are.

    The saddest and most shocking thing is the racism that has already begun. In Cambridge yesterday laminated cards were put through Polish people's doors with 'No more Polish vermin' written on them in English and Polish, then today racist graffiti was written on the Polish cultural centre in London. It's only been 48 hours :(

    As well as that, in those 48hours everything the remain campaigners said would happen has, and the leave campaigners have backtracked and retracted on what they promised would happen, admitting a lot of it was lies. Nigel Farage admitted the claims of the leave campaigners that we would now be able to put the 350 million a week we gave to the EU into the NHS was a lie, and today admitted that the UK would now go into a recession. The steel industry is in big trouble too; a sale of the Tata plant is in jeopardy meaning 11,000 people could lose their jobs, and shares and investment in the housing sector have fallen by 50%, which will mean less homes being built and a major loss of jobs.

    I don't condone the racist behaviour of these idiots.
    These promises that are now not going to happen your are you telling me that the remain campaign wouldn't have done the same thing? Of course they would have. As for the companies wanting to move let them it's only a small portion that's leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if some didn't pay full taxes to us. People were saying that we leave we'll be in a recession hang on a min we are sort of in one now and that was last month. The manufacturing industry went into one before the vote. Since David Cameron and first his coalition took us to 2 and one when he came back to power. It's all scare tactics. Everyone was saying it's going to be bad all doom and gloom. Just wait and see how wrong they will be.

    You have a lot of confidence in something that even the experts and people behind the leave campaign have now admitted they are very uncertain about...

    As for the recession - we've been coming out of the recession and doing really well compared to about ten years ago when it hit the fan, so not sure what you mean by that.

    Where have you been living in the last 6 years? He has taken us into a double dip recession in the coalition. Then last year we were in one. And now as I said technically are in one now. Your one of these who proberly keep blaming labour for they past mistakes. Come on. Juliet go back and read my post where I posted I wanted to leave years ago. Before this referendum came about. Before this government and the coalition came about.

    I think you're confusing economic instability with a recession. I was talking about the Great Recession of 2008-2013 which effected pretty much the whole world. It's even listed as the most recent UK recession so I'm not sure which one you're talking about when you say we had one last year and are in one now :?

    Why would I blame labour when I'm a labour supporter? That's a weird assumption to make for no reason. I didn't presume you were a UKIP fan just because you don't like immigrants. It was a global recession, Labour had nothing to do with it, other than the unfortunate fact that they happened to be the elected party when it occured. I also find it amusing that you've said leavers are getting abuse and that it's not on, when in your above post you were pretty patronising towards me and even presumed to know my political preferences...

    @Jukon I fear you're right and that WW3 isn't too far around the corner.

    On the ironic side, leavers' plans to stop immigrants are looking like they're going to backfire now that France are threatening to stop the border controls in Calais.

    Juliet where did I mention about the world recession. Am on about out country. When we were coming out of the first recession Cameron took us into a double dip recession. We managed to get ourselves back on track. But last year went back into one and then again a technical one now. It's been published in the media.

    I assumed you were not a labour supporter by your comment about labours fault on the first recession and not mentioning the ones under David Cameron's leadership. As for the leavers getting abuse we are. We are being called racists because we don't want more immigrants coming in. Why is that racist? I got attacked because I don't think it's right that we should give benefits to people who are not in this country. If they are poor surely their own countries have a benefits system to help them out. Then got attacked over the older generation. All us leavers have been abused.

    But we're not in a recession. Things have been getting better every quarter since 2013 :? I meant we are going to go back into an actual recession like it was in the late 2000s. And I NEVER blamed labour for anything. I didn't blame anyone for the recession or even mention labour actually (you literally just made that up!!) I just mentioned the fact that Nigel Farage has admitted Britain will now suffer a recession due to leaving the EU.

  • NicholasD1984
    2698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I mistook a comment over the first recession as blaming it on labour. I do apologise.

    As for not being in a recession and our economy is getting better where did you read that nonsense. The last 3 months of last year and this our economy shrank. Our manufacturing industry has been suffering. The BBC reported on it and said that all the slowdown in growth meant that the industry is in a recession meaning we are in a recession and will get worse with leaving or reaming with the eu. It's just people saying that leaving the eu will make it worse as a scare tactic but in reality it wouldn't have made a difference if we stayed in.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    I mistook a comment over the first recession as blaming it on labour. I do apologise.

    As for not being in a recession and our economy is getting better where did you read that nonsense. The last 3 months of last year and this our economy shrank. Our manufacturing industry has been suffering. The BBC reported on it and said that all the slowdown in growth meant that the industry is in a recession meaning we are in a recession and will get worse with leaving or reaming with the eu. It's just people saying that leaving the eu will make it worse as a scare tactic but in reality it wouldn't have made a difference if we stayed in.

    The change in economy and slowdown in growth was due to the uncertainty of the upcoming EU referendum. Understandably no one was willing to invest when the future was so uncertain. What foreign company would invest in the Uk before knowing the outcome?

    Again I meant an actual recession, not a dip in growth or a slowdown but a full blown "oh crap we have no money" repeat of the one we've been climbing out of. Which could lead to a global one too - who knows. Like Lynn said she feels screwed over right now too and she's on the other side of the globe.
  • NicholasD1984
    2698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    thid from the BBC.
    UK industry fell back into recession as it shrank for the second quarter in a row, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
    It is the third time UK industry has been in recession in eight years.
    Although industrial production rose 0.3% from February to March, it fell 0.4% both in the first three months of 2016 and in the last three of 2015.
    Compared with a year ago, manufacturing production in the first quarter fell 1.9%, the biggest fall since 2013.
    The biggest fall in output came from the basic iron and steel sector which saw production drop in March by 37.3% percent compared with a year earlier.
    However, the oil and gas industries saw sharp gains, increasing production 17% in February, and 10.9% in March from the same months a year earlier.
    Manufacturing and construction is proving to be a drag on the whole economy, helping slow UK economic growth from 0.6% in the last three months of 2015 to 0.4% between January and March, according to the ONS.
    Weaker growth
    Earlier this month a survey by Markit/CIPS also showed manufacturing contracting. Chris Williamson, chief economist at Markit said: "The goods-producing sector therefore looks to be on course to act as a drag on the economy again in the second quarter, contributing to a slowing in economic growth to near-stagnation.
    "Growth could be even weaker if the surveys disappoint in coming month, which seems probable given the intensifying uncertainty over the outcome of the EU referendum."
    Despite this, economist Ruth Miller from Capital Economics is optimistic for the rest of the year.
    She said: "We still expect things to look up as the year progresses. Sterling's recent depreciation and our expectations that global growth will pick up slightly in 2016 should allow the sector to return to modest growth later this year."
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    US stock markets went down 600 points on Friday. I hope to hell they stabilize tomorrow.

    BTW--anyone's mind changed yet? Didn't think so. This is a waste of time (for me too). I'll try to stay out from now on.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @ Juliet

    That's ok, no problem.

    I'm talking about the main 7 unelected ones who make all the decisions about Europe in a locked room with no minutes taken. Forgive me if I'm a little cynical and suspicious. There are others but these main unelected are the ones we should be asking questions about. I want to know why it's so secrete this is 2016 not the dark ages. We have a right to know.i want to know where the money goes, I have my suspicions on that which I won't voice on here. They have not had the books signed off since its started, the Auditors won't do it, why, because they know it's corrupt and won't get involved.

    I'm not trying to change anyone's mind I only want people to get out of the box, that's all, then if they see it for what it is but still think we should be in the EU then that's ok, it's their decision.

    I can only go off what my gut feeling tells me and what I know and what I've learnt about the eu.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    thid from the BBC.
    UK industry fell back into recession as it shrank for the second quarter in a row, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
    It is the third time UK industry has been in recession in eight years.
    Although industrial production rose 0.3% from February to March, it fell 0.4% both in the first three months of 2016 and in the last three of 2015.
    Compared with a year ago, manufacturing production in the first quarter fell 1.9%, the biggest fall since 2013.
    The biggest fall in output came from the basic iron and steel sector which saw production drop in March by 37.3% percent compared with a year earlier.
    However, the oil and gas industries saw sharp gains, increasing production 17% in February, and 10.9% in March from the same months a year earlier.
    Manufacturing and construction is proving to be a drag on the whole economy, helping slow UK economic growth from 0.6% in the last three months of 2015 to 0.4% between January and March, according to the ONS.
    Weaker growth
    Earlier this month a survey by Markit/CIPS also showed manufacturing contracting. Chris Williamson, chief economist at Markit said: "The goods-producing sector therefore looks to be on course to act as a drag on the economy again in the second quarter, contributing to a slowing in economic growth to near-stagnation.
    "Growth could be even weaker if the surveys disappoint in coming month, which seems probable given the intensifying uncertainty over the outcome of the EU referendum."
    Despite this, economist Ruth Miller from Capital Economics is optimistic for the rest of the year.
    She said: "We still expect things to look up as the year progresses. Sterling's recent depreciation and our expectations that global growth will pick up slightly in 2016 should allow the sector to return to modest growth later this year."

    So like I said, it was due to the upcoming referendum.

    @ slayer I do see your point there, they are doing themselves no favours by keeping it secret, but yeah I don't think either of us are going to change our minds anyway :P not that it matters if we even did - too late now!
  • NicholasD1984
    2698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    thid from the BBC.
    UK industry fell back into recession as it shrank for the second quarter in a row, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
    It is the third time UK industry has been in recession in eight years.
    Although industrial production rose 0.3% from February to March, it fell 0.4% both in the first three months of 2016 and in the last three of 2015.
    Compared with a year ago, manufacturing production in the first quarter fell 1.9%, the biggest fall since 2013.
    The biggest fall in output came from the basic iron and steel sector which saw production drop in March by 37.3% percent compared with a year earlier.
    However, the oil and gas industries saw sharp gains, increasing production 17% in February, and 10.9% in March from the same months a year earlier.
    Manufacturing and construction is proving to be a drag on the whole economy, helping slow UK economic growth from 0.6% in the last three months of 2015 to 0.4% between January and March, according to the ONS.
    Weaker growth
    Earlier this month a survey by Markit/CIPS also showed manufacturing contracting. Chris Williamson, chief economist at Markit said: "The goods-producing sector therefore looks to be on course to act as a drag on the economy again in the second quarter, contributing to a slowing in economic growth to near-stagnation.
    "Growth could be even weaker if the surveys disappoint in coming month, which seems probable given the intensifying uncertainty over the outcome of the EU referendum."
    Despite this, economist Ruth Miller from Capital Economics is optimistic for the rest of the year.
    She said: "We still expect things to look up as the year progresses. Sterling's recent depreciation and our expectations that global growth will pick up slightly in 2016 should allow the sector to return to modest growth later this year."

    So like I said, it was due to the upcoming referendum.

    @ slayer I do see your point there, they are doing themselves no favours by keeping it secret, but yeah I don't think either of us are going to change our minds anyway :P not that it matters if we even did - too late now!

    No nothing to do with the referendum. The manufacturing industry has been struggling for years. As it said 3rd recession in 8 years. Was we having the referendum back then? Nooooo.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    thid from the BBC.
    UK industry fell back into recession as it shrank for the second quarter in a row, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
    It is the third time UK industry has been in recession in eight years.
    Although industrial production rose 0.3% from February to March, it fell 0.4% both in the first three months of 2016 and in the last three of 2015.
    Compared with a year ago, manufacturing production in the first quarter fell 1.9%, the biggest fall since 2013.
    The biggest fall in output came from the basic iron and steel sector which saw production drop in March by 37.3% percent compared with a year earlier.
    However, the oil and gas industries saw sharp gains, increasing production 17% in February, and 10.9% in March from the same months a year earlier.
    Manufacturing and construction is proving to be a drag on the whole economy, helping slow UK economic growth from 0.6% in the last three months of 2015 to 0.4% between January and March, according to the ONS.
    Weaker growth
    Earlier this month a survey by Markit/CIPS also showed manufacturing contracting. Chris Williamson, chief economist at Markit said: "The goods-producing sector therefore looks to be on course to act as a drag on the economy again in the second quarter, contributing to a slowing in economic growth to near-stagnation.
    "Growth could be even weaker if the surveys disappoint in coming month, which seems probable given the intensifying uncertainty over the outcome of the EU referendum."
    Despite this, economist Ruth Miller from Capital Economics is optimistic for the rest of the year.
    She said: "We still expect things to look up as the year progresses. Sterling's recent depreciation and our expectations that global growth will pick up slightly in 2016 should allow the sector to return to modest growth later this year."

    So like I said, it was due to the upcoming referendum.

    @ slayer I do see your point there, they are doing themselves no favours by keeping it secret, but yeah I don't think either of us are going to change our minds anyway :P not that it matters if we even did - too late now!

    No nothing to do with the referendum. The manufacturing industry has been struggling for years. As it said 3rd recession in 8 years. Was we having the referendum back then? Nooooo.

    8 years ago was when the Great Recession began, we had the double dip thing around 2012, so this one (coinciding with the referendum) takes it to 3.

    I feel the term recession is being thrown about too much these days anyway, but beside that point - the only reason I got on the subject is because it's one of the many things the leave campaign have now said will likely happen as a result of the vote. You seem fixated on that one recession comment.
  • NicholasD1984
    2698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    thid from the BBC.
    UK industry fell back into recession as it shrank for the second quarter in a row, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
    It is the third time UK industry has been in recession in eight years.
    Although industrial production rose 0.3% from February to March, it fell 0.4% both in the first three months of 2016 and in the last three of 2015.
    Compared with a year ago, manufacturing production in the first quarter fell 1.9%, the biggest fall since 2013.
    The biggest fall in output came from the basic iron and steel sector which saw production drop in March by 37.3% percent compared with a year earlier.
    However, the oil and gas industries saw sharp gains, increasing production 17% in February, and 10.9% in March from the same months a year earlier.
    Manufacturing and construction is proving to be a drag on the whole economy, helping slow UK economic growth from 0.6% in the last three months of 2015 to 0.4% between January and March, according to the ONS.
    Weaker growth
    Earlier this month a survey by Markit/CIPS also showed manufacturing contracting. Chris Williamson, chief economist at Markit said: "The goods-producing sector therefore looks to be on course to act as a drag on the economy again in the second quarter, contributing to a slowing in economic growth to near-stagnation.
    "Growth could be even weaker if the surveys disappoint in coming month, which seems probable given the intensifying uncertainty over the outcome of the EU referendum."
    Despite this, economist Ruth Miller from Capital Economics is optimistic for the rest of the year.
    She said: "We still expect things to look up as the year progresses. Sterling's recent depreciation and our expectations that global growth will pick up slightly in 2016 should allow the sector to return to modest growth later this year."

    So like I said, it was due to the upcoming referendum.

    @ slayer I do see your point there, they are doing themselves no favours by keeping it secret, but yeah I don't think either of us are going to change our minds anyway :P not that it matters if we even did - too late now!

    No nothing to do with the referendum. The manufacturing industry has been struggling for years. As it said 3rd recession in 8 years. Was we having the referendum back then? Nooooo.

    8 years ago was when the Great Recession began, we had the double dip thing around 2012, so this one (coinciding with the referendum) takes it to 3.

    I feel the term recession is being thrown about too much these days anyway, but beside that point - the only reason I got on the subject is because it's one of the many things the leave campaign have now said will likely happen as a result of the vote. You seem fixated on that one recession comment.

    What would you call them? No mater how you describe it or someone else it's a recession. The term isnt getting thrown about to easily it's being said by the government and the office of national statistics. Not by any one else. This recession I've been saying would have happend even if there was no vote. It's just people are blaming the vote of causing it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!