EA Forums - Banner

Congratulations to the Brexitters!!

Replies

  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    As for the companies wanting to move let them it's only a small portion that's leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if some didn't pay full taxes to us.

    Stop making guesses and actually do research. Everything you have said so far is your own opinion as opposed to facts. Even if these companies didn't pay tax, people will lose their jobs - or do you not care about that?
    HomerND84 wrote:
    It's all scare tactics.
    Yep, the right-wing Leavers did use scare tactics, such as Nigel Farage using a poster showing non-EU migrants coming in their thousands (the irony being that they were non-EU, so that has nothing to do whether we remain in the EU)
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Everyone was saying it's going to be bad all doom and gloom. Just wait and see how wrong they will be.
    It must be nice that you're financially stable enough to be comfortable with this. People who actually have to pay their own way can't "just wait". Would you be happy to tell 11,000 steel workers that their jobs may be on the line but in a few years the UK will be better? I'd like to see their response... the fact they won't be able to feed their kids, put a roof over the heads etc, but "just wait"... things will be good in the future
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    In an attempt to inject some levity into a serious discussion:

    2rneya1.jpg
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    In an attempt to inject some levity into a serious discussion:

    2rneya1.jpg

    A second referendum would be brilliant, but it won't happen. It would definitely go in favour of remaining in the EU, judging from a number of Leave idiots who have said they regret their vote.
  • NicholasD1984
    2715 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I see your taken small bits of my posts hey. Nice.

    The bit one companies not paying taxes properly is true I don't think you've been paying attention to the news. I've not made it up. As I said the companies who haven't been paying properly I wouldn't be surprised they would leave us.

    I don't care if it was or wasn't about eu immigrants I do agree our country is at breaking point with too many people coming here. Don't forget the remain were saying a brexit would be bad for the economy. If you've been reading my posts and taking note from the news is that it'll take 2 years to leave the eu and in that time we will be negotiating new deals with other countries. So that's how I made my prediction. Anyway people were banging on about the pound falling sharply and the share index did too but it recoverd considerable too.

    Oh and am not financial stable either so don't make that assumption.

    Oh welcome to the forum.
    My friend list is full

    Live life to the full

    Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • NicholasD1984
    2715 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    In an attempt to inject some levity into a serious discussion:

    2rneya1.jpg

    A second referendum would be brilliant, but it won't happen. It would definitely go in favour of remaining in the EU, judging from a number of Leave idiots who have said they regret their vote.

    As Nigel farage said its not best of 3. And I agree it'll be a wast of money.
    My friend list is full

    Live life to the full

    Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • johncolombo
    11424 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2016
    You all have done a great job at arguing without getting too emotional (must be the Britishness :mrgreen: ). But I think the mods should consider locking this thread, as it obviously IS an emotional issue to so many, and passions can run high.

    Meanwhile, we Americans should see this as a cautionary tale, and not start any "Congratulations Hillary!" or "Congratulations Trump!" threads in November.

    As far as I can tell it's a civil thread and does not need to be locked. If it gets out of control it will be locked. I enjoy reading this thread as an American
    Because I'm getting real peoples stories and not manufactured news. I care about people and hope everyone gets through this ok and yeah come November get ready for the American version of this thread. Especially if trump wins as this thread is like looking into a mirror of what may come to be in the states.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    I see your taken small bits of my posts hey. Nice.

    You wrote so much I simply highlighted the important facts hey. Nice.
    HomerND84 wrote:
    The bit one companies not paying taxes properly is true I don't think you've been paying attention to the news. I've not made it up. As I said the companies who haven't been paying properly I wouldn't be surprised they would leave us.

    I never once implied it wasn't true, you are simply putting words into my mouth to get your point across. I said regardless of whether companies pay their fair share of tax (that's a whole different debate, which I'm sure you'll agree with). You chose to ignore the fact people will lose their jobs - care to comment on that?

    And you also failed to reply about 11,000 people potentially losing their jobs - anything to say about that?
    HomerND84 wrote:
    I don't care if it was or wasn't about eu immigrants I do agree our country is at breaking point with too many people coming here.

    Well here's some good news for you sonny, France has already said we need to take control of our borders (after all, they're under no obligation to assist us now we're leaving the EU). We haven't got sufficient border control in place, so for the next 12 months and maybe longer, we'll be seeing a lot of (non EU) migrants coming in easily. Hope you enjoy those new residents you clearly hate!
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Don't forget the remain were saying a brexit would be bad for the economy. If you've been reading my posts and taking note from the news is that it'll take 2 years to leave the eu and in that time we will be negotiating new deals with other countries. So that's how I made my prediction. Anyway people were banging on about the pound falling sharply and the share index did too but it recoverd considerable too.

    You say 2 years, but the EU bosses have said we need to start the process of leaving right now, instead of waiting until November when Cameron steps down - but you were aware of that, right?
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Oh and am not financial stable either so don't make that assumption.

    But you've made assumptions about other people in this very thread, so that's hypocritical. That's unfortunate that you're not financially stable, but at least *in the future* England will be rich right? (Just in the meantime you and millions of others will be broke)[/quote]
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    In an attempt to inject some levity into a serious discussion:

    2rneya1.jpg

    A second referendum would be brilliant, but it won't happen. It would definitely go in favour of remaining in the EU, judging from a number of Leave idiots who have said they regret their vote.

    As Nigel farage said its not best of 3. And I agree it'll be a wast of money.

    Farage has no power, no say, his opinions are irrelevant. Even the Leave campaign said he was doing more harm than good, so I'm not sure why you have chosen him as an example.

    Why would it be a waste of money? The 2014 Scottish referendum was while we part of the EU, a lot of people voted no to leaving the UK because they would still remain a member of the EU. Now we're no longer in the EU, it's completely different.

    Scotland and Northern Ireland should negotiate deals with the EU right now (as Sturgeon is already doing), then leave the UK. England can then live in its fantasy world of streets paved with gold and eating cream cakes for afternoon tea - pretending it's 1930.
  • barrymcerlea
    2096 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    In an attempt to inject some levity into a serious discussion:

    2rneya1.jpg

    A second referendum would be brilliant, but it won't happen. It would definitely go in favour of remaining in the EU, judging from a number of Leave idiots who have said they regret their vote.

    As Nigel farage said its not best of 3. And I agree it'll be a wast of money.

    When you're quoting Nigel Farage you know there's something wrong.

    Nigel Farage himself said before the vote said if the remain won by a narrow margin he would call for another. Hypocritical, much?
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    You all have done a great job at arguing without getting too emotional (must be the Britishness :mrgreen: ). But I think the mods should consider locking this thread, as it obviously IS an emotional issue to so many, and passions can run high.

    Meanwhile, we Americans should see this as a cautionary tale, and not start any "Congratulations Hillary!" or "Congratulations Trump!" threads in November.

    As far as I can tell it's a civil thread and does not need to be locked. If it gets out of control it will be locked. I enjoy reading this thread as an American
    Because I'm getting real peoples stories and not manufactured news. I care about people and hope everyone gets through this ok and yeah come November get ready for the American version of this thread. Especially if trump wins as this thread is like looking into a mirror of what may come to be in the states.

    There's no arguing here, it's a factual debate / conversation - you're right in saying it doesn't need locking.

    Americans reading this, please learn from our mistakes - half of the UK has not only ruined us, but also caused econimic problems with the rest of Europe. I know it's easier said than done, but do all you can not to ruin your country.

    The reason we voted Leave is because people who have never even voted in general elections in their lives actually bothered to vote to leave the EU (yet they claim it's nothing to do with racism). The same could happen with the Trump brigade.
  • NicholasD1984
    2715 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    I see your taken small bits of my posts hey. Nice.

    You wrote so much I simply highlighted the important facts hey. Nice.
    HomerND84 wrote:
    The bit one companies not paying taxes properly is true I don't think you've been paying attention to the news. I've not made it up. As I said the companies who haven't been paying properly I wouldn't be surprised they would leave us.

    I never once implied it wasn't true, you are simply putting words into my mouth to get your point across. I said regardless of whether companies pay their fair share of tax (that's a whole different debate, which I'm sure you'll agree with). You chose to ignore the fact people will lose their jobs - care to comment on that?

    And you also failed to reply about 11,000 people potentially losing their jobs - anything to say about that?
    HomerND84 wrote:
    I don't care if it was or wasn't about eu immigrants I do agree our country is at breaking point with too many people coming here.

    Well here's some good news for you sonny, France has already said we need to take control of our borders (after all, they're under no obligation to assist us now we're leaving the EU). We haven't got sufficient border control in place, so for the next 12 months and maybe longer, we'll be seeing a lot of (non EU) migrants coming in easily. Hope you enjoy those new residents you clearly hate!
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Don't forget the remain were saying a brexit would be bad for the economy. If you've been reading my posts and taking note from the news is that it'll take 2 years to leave the eu and in that time we will be negotiating new deals with other countries. So that's how I made my prediction. Anyway people were banging on about the pound falling sharply and the share index did too but it recoverd considerable too.

    You say 2 years, but the EU bosses have said we need to start the process of leaving right now, instead of waiting until November when Cameron steps down - but you were aware of that, right?
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Oh and am not financial stable either so don't make that assumption.

    But you've made assumptions about other people in this very thread, so that's hypocritical. That's unfortunate that you're not financially stable, but at least *in the future* England will be rich right? (Just in the meantime you and millions of others will be broke)
    [/quote]

    I'll answer this Tomorrow. I'm going asleep now as am up early cos am at the hospital. Ttfn chuck.
    My friend list is full

    Live life to the full

    Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    In an attempt to inject some levity into a serious discussion:

    2rneya1.jpg

    A second referendum would be brilliant, but it won't happen. It would definitely go in favour of remaining in the EU, judging from a number of Leave idiots who have said they regret their vote.

    As Nigel farage said its not best of 3. And I agree it'll be a wast of money.

    When you're quoting Nigel Farage you know there's something wrong.

    Nigel Farage himself said before the vote said if the remain won by a narrow margin he would call for another. Hypocritical, much?

    Stop using facts. Facts are wrong. It's what the people on Facebook say and the bloke in the pub that REALLY matters. Facts, statistics and evidence are just scaremongering - the media wants you to believe what's real just so we can't buy bent cucumbers or bunches or bananas
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    I'll answer this Tomorrow. I'm going asleep now as am up early cos am at the hospital. Ttfn chuck.

    Make the most of your free healthcare while you can. You said you weren't financially stable, so I hope you can afford the privatisation that awaits us
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    You all have done a great job at arguing without getting too emotional (must be the Britishness :mrgreen: ). But I think the mods should consider locking this thread, as it obviously IS an emotional issue to so many, and passions can run high.

    Meanwhile, we Americans should see this as a cautionary tale, and not start any "Congratulations Hillary!" or "Congratulations Trump!" threads in November.

    As far as I can tell it's a civil thread and does not need to be locked. If it gets out of control it will be locked. I enjoy reading this thread as an American
    Because I'm getting real peoples stories and not manufactured news. I care about people and hope everyone gets through this ok and yeah come November get ready for the American version of this thread. Especially if trump wins as this thread is like looking into a mirror of what may come to be in the states.

    This thread has been amazing. Is it horribly stereotypical to say that the British (UK-ers? ) ( Kindomites? ) are really really polite? As OUR election approaches, I fear we will not see such rational discussion. I HOPE we CAN, but this election year has been nothing short of insane so far, and our country is grotesquely polarized, and I'm bracing myself for much worse. And "polite" is not our strong suit.


    Meanwhile, a musical interlude. Donald Trump (oops. I mean Billy Flynn) and the Press Conference Rag. (... especially starting at the 2:52 marker ... ) The "Donald Trump" that the "liberal American media" is walking right straight into the White House.




  • johncolombo
    11424 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2016
    You all have done a great job at arguing without getting too emotional (must be the Britishness :mrgreen: ). But I think the mods should consider locking this thread, as it obviously IS an emotional issue to so many, and passions can run high.

    Meanwhile, we Americans should see this as a cautionary tale, and not start any "Congratulations Hillary!" or "Congratulations Trump!" threads in November.

    As far as I can tell it's a civil thread and does not need to be locked. If it gets out of control it will be locked. I enjoy reading this thread as an American
    Because I'm getting real peoples stories and not manufactured news. I care about people and hope everyone gets through this ok and yeah come November get ready for the American version of this thread. Especially if trump wins as this thread is like looking into a mirror of what may come to be in the states.

    There's no arguing here, it's a factual debate / conversation - you're right in saying it doesn't need locking.

    Americans reading this, please learn from our mistakes - half of the UK has not only ruined us, but also caused econimic problems with the rest of Europe. I know it's easier said than done, but do all you can not to ruin your country.

    The reason we voted Leave is because people who have never even voted in general elections in their lives actually bothered to vote to leave the EU (yet they claim it's nothing to do with racism). The same could happen with the Trump brigade.

    The same IS happening with the Trump Brigade, he already thinks he's the president. And his followers are ruthless and don't care that everything that comes out of his mouth is an incorrect statement. He makes stuff up, says things that he can't do (unless he's running for dictatorship) and his fans either love it or don't know the difference.

    Sigh

    Question. I just found out you have a trump doppelganger, I forget his name, Johnson? Is he crazy like trump or do they just look alike?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • johncolombo
    11424 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    You all have done a great job at arguing without getting too emotional (must be the Britishness :mrgreen: ). But I think the mods should consider locking this thread, as it obviously IS an emotional issue to so many, and passions can run high.

    Meanwhile, we Americans should see this as a cautionary tale, and not start any "Congratulations Hillary!" or "Congratulations Trump!" threads in November.

    As far as I can tell it's a civil thread and does not need to be locked. If it gets out of control it will be locked. I enjoy reading this thread as an American
    Because I'm getting real peoples stories and not manufactured news. I care about people and hope everyone gets through this ok and yeah come November get ready for the American version of this thread. Especially if trump wins as this thread is like looking into a mirror of what may come to be in the states.

    This thread has been amazing. Is it horribly stereotypical to say that the British (UK-ers? ) ( Kindomites? ) are really really polite? As OUR election approaches, I fear we will not see such rational discussion. I HOPE we CAN, but this election year has been nothing short of insane so far, and our country is grotesquely polarized, and I'm bracing myself for much worse. And "polite" is not our strong suit.


    Meanwhile, a musical interlude. Donald Trump (oops. I mean Billy Flynn) and the Press Conference Rag. (... especially starting at the 2:52 marker ... ) The "Donald Trump" that the "liberal American media" is walking right straight into the White House.




    Right on Annette. Plus I liked you post about the squiggly lines. I always wanted a world without borders. Oh well, I see now we are going the opposite direction for a long time. I mean really. I need a passport to go to Canada? Toronto is closer to me by 2 hours than Manhattan. Plus the Canadian border is not a straight line and the longest border in the world. And most of it is not even marked.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The same IS happening with the Trump Brigade, he already thinks he's the president. And his followers are ruthless and don't care that everything that comes out of his mouth is an incorrect statement. He makes stuff up, says things that he can't do (unless he's running for dictatorship) and his fans either love it or don't know the difference.

    That's why I said do everything you can to make sure he doesn't get in power (easier said than done though, I understand that).

    The Leave campaign here made up facts too - some they've even admitted were wrong or lies just 2 days after the referendum - and yet their supporters haven't once questioned this, or made them think that everything they've been told may not be the truth. Insane right?

    Imagine believing in something so passionately that you would be prepaired to ruin future generations, the economy etc then being told you were lied to and yet you STILL don't have a problem with it? Crazy. Absolutely crazy.

    But it's not racism, nope - not at all.

    It's like if Trump wins, then within 48 hours he says "about that Mexican wall....., yeah it's just not going to happen. And the military and our borders... well we can't afford to put more money in than we already do. Make America "great" again.... hmmm, well I didn't really have a plan of how that would work"

    That's exactly what has happened here, yet the racists are just happy at that - they don't even understand that they'll be finaniually worse off.
    Question. I just found out you have a trump doppelganger, I forget his name, Johnson? Is he crazy like trump or do they just look alike?

    The guy is a fraud. He ruffles his hair before media appearances to look more "quirky" and witty. Because that's what politics needs, jokes not reality.

    He is an **** who has been pro-EU when it suited him (even in February 2016 he said he "wasn't an Outer", yet changed so that he could become Prime Minister if we did Leave. The current Prime Minister David Cameron said Remain, so Boris said Stay (that way the Conservatives could remain in power regardless of the outcome).

    The whole thing is a pantomime and sadly people fall for it.
  • johncolombo
    11424 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2016
    The same IS happening with the Trump Brigade, he already thinks he's the president. And his followers are ruthless and don't care that everything that comes out of his mouth is an incorrect statement. He makes stuff up, says things that he can't do (unless he's running for dictatorship) and his fans either love it or don't know the difference.

    That's why I said do everything you can to make sure he doesn't get in power (easier said than done though, I understand that).

    The Leave campaign here made up facts too - some they've even admitted were wrong or lies just 2 days after the referendum - and yet their supporters haven't once questioned this, or made them think that everything they've been told may not be the truth. Insane right?

    Imagine believing in something so passionately that you would be prepaired to ruin future generations, the economy etc then being told you were lied to and yet you STILL don't have a problem with it? Crazy. Absolutely crazy.

    But it's not racism, nope - not at all.

    It's like if Trump wins, then within 48 hours he says "about that Mexican wall....., yeah it's just not going to happen. And the military and our borders... well we can't afford to put more money in than we already do. Make America "great" again.... hmmm, well I didn't really have a plan of how that would work"

    That's exactly what has happened here, yet the racists are just happy at that - they don't even understand that they'll be finaniually worse off.
    Question. I just found out you have a trump doppelganger, I forget his name, Johnson? Is he crazy like trump or do they just look alike?

    The guy is a fraud. He ruffles his hair before media appearances to look more "quirky" and witty. Because that's what politics needs, jokes not reality.

    He is an **** who has been pro-EU when it suited him (even in February 2016 he said he "wasn't an Outer", yet changed so that he could become Prime Minister if we did Leave. The current Prime Minister David Cameron said Remain, so Boris said Stay (that way the Conservatives could remain in power regardless of the outcome).

    The whole thing is a pantomime and sadly people fall for it.

    OMG I'm so sorry you have one of those as well.

    The problem is so many people were so pro sanders, they have promised not to vote at all. Hillary is not really much more than politics as usual, she's backed by wall street and big corporations, so she's not really swaying a lot of voters. I will vote for her so I do not wake up in an Orwellian nightmare, I know what's coming with her, Trump could set off WW3, Hillary will just keep the normal war machine moving. Better bet IMHO. BUt so many people are pro trump it's frightening. At this point it could still go either way but my spidey sense is telling me trump is going to win.

    :-(
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    OMG I'm so sorry you have one of those as well.

    The problem is so many people were so pro sanders, they have promised not to vote at all. Hillary is not really much more than politics as usual, she's backed by wall street and big corporations, so she's not really swaying a lot of voters. I will vote for her so I do not wake up in an Orwellian nightmare, I know what's coming with her, Trump could set off WW3, Hillary will just keep the normal war machine moving. Better bet IMHO. BUt so many people are pro trump it's frightening. At this point it could still go either way but my spidey sense is telling me trump is going to win.

    :-(

    Do the pro-Sanders supporters not think Hillary will be a better choice than Trump? I don't agree with tactical voting, unless it means keeping out a racist freak who lies just to get votes - it's better to keep him out right?

    Do you think Trump could cause WW3 or is he all mouth? In Europe he's seen as a joke, no country wants anything to do with him
  • barrymcerlea
    2096 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    We need to start a Kickstarter campaign for colonising the rest of the solar system if Trump gets in. I would say I have hope in the basic common sense of Americans but I see after Thursday's fiasco common sense isn't all that common nowadays.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!