EA Forums - Banner

Congratulations to the Brexitters!!

Replies

• NicholasD1984
    2911 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    jukan00 wrote:
    Sad day for England today. Sorry for all the sensible people who voted to stay. Sorry for the world economy as well.

But hey, maybe Scotland can finally leave Britain.

Scotland would be leaving Great Britain if i am correct. Since Britain is england wales.

again score me, I'm trying to stay in the loop.

Yep also the uk.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • johncolombo
    11497 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    jukan00 wrote:
    Sad day for England today. Sorry for all the sensible people who voted to stay. Sorry for the world economy as well.

Scotland would be leaving Great Britain if i am correct. Since Britain is england wales.

Yep also the uk.

yep but if you say uk that includes N. Ireland.
    ?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • NicholasD1984
    2911 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    jukan00 wrote:

Yep also the uk.

yep but if you say uk that includes N. Ireland.
    ?
    Yep. It's all confusing.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    And now Spain is calling for co-sovereignty with England for Gibraltar. So the odds are getting better each day that Britain is going to lose at least one of its territories, if not all three: Scotland, Northern Ireland and now Gibraltar.

Sounds like you couldn't have done a better job breaking up your country if you'd tried. Well done. Rule Britannia!

Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    And now Spain is calling for co-sovereignty with England for Gibraltar. So the odds are getting better each day that Britain is going to lose at least one of its territories, if not all three: Scotland, Northern Ireland and now Gibraltar.

Sounds like you couldn't have done a better job breaking up your country if you'd tried. Well done. Rule Britannia!

:lol: it's gonna be an interesting future!

@Jukan yeah Boris has kind of looked like he's cacking himself since it all happened hasn't he :lol: but then he never truly wanted to leave in the first place!
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Juliet: Can you explain to me how this all started in the first place? I heard that Cameron didn't want to leave, but that he called for the referendum? Why?
  • NicholasD1984
    2911 posts Member
    edited June 2016

They've been wanting to get their hands on Gibraltar for years. This is just an excuse.

Britain won't lose 3 territories as there is only 2 England and Wales. It's the uk will lose 2. You'll have to read back to understand the whole Britain, Great Britain and the U.K.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• NicholasD1984
    2911 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Juliet: Can you explain to me how this all started in the first place? I heard that Cameron didn't want to leave, but that he called for the referendum? Why?
    Because he tried to reform the eu but they said no so he called for a referendum wether or not we should be in it thinking we all say stay but it backfired.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:

They've been wanting to get their hands on Gibraltar for years. This is just an excuse.

Britain won't lose 3 territories as there is only 2 England and Wales. It's the uk will lose 2. You'll have to read back to understand the whole Britain, Great Britain and the U.K.

My mistake: The UK will lose three territories. My point stays the same.
  • NicholasD1984
    2911 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:

They're calling for a joint sovereignty but doesn't mean they will get it we can still reject it.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:

They're calling for a joint sovereignty but doesn't mean they will get it we can still reject it.

Mm-hm. Ever studied the American Civil War? When Virginia seceded from the United States, West Virginia broke away from Virginia and joined the States. Virginia couldn't stop them then.
  • NicholasD1984
    2911 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:

Mm-hm. Ever studied the American Civil War? When Virginia seceded from the United States, West Virginia broke away from Virginia and joined the States. Virginia couldn't stop them then.
    I don't think any part of Gibraltar would break away from itself because it's only got a tiny population of 30,000.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Outraged right now that "bregret" is a thing. Talking to someone at a gathering yesterday, the subject of the referendum came up. They said they voted leave, and I asked why.

Their response: "I didn't think it would happen so I just did."

People like THIS is why my country will be in shambles. :roll:

I think it was IckabodSchrek that brought up a current affairs test to allow people to vote. I whole-heartedly agree. Maybe a common sense test also?
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Just saw on the news that it's possible Scotland could veto the UK decision to leave the EU, it's getting interesting!
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Outraged right now that "bregret" is a thing. Talking to someone at a gathering yesterday, the subject of the referendum came up. They said they voted leave, and I asked why.

I think it was IckabodSchrek that brought up a current affairs test to allow people to vote. I whole-heartedly agree. Maybe a common sense test also?

I saw a lady on the news say her whole family voted to leave to make a point that they weren't happy with the way things were being done at the moment, but as soon as they saw the leave side had actually won on Friday morning they realised what a mistake they'd made because they didn't think it would happen. Morons.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Basically during the general elections last year a racist (although they'd claim not to be) party called UKIP were starting to do pretty well and gaining lots of support, and one of the things they said they'd do is to hold a referendum. To try and get the UKIP supporters to vote for him instead (because UKIP don't actually know anything about running a country, just about slagging off immigrants) Cameron said if he won he would hold a referendum too, and when he won he kind of had to stick to that promise :?
  • mathumster385
    2420 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Because he tried to reform the eu but they said no so he called for a referendum wether or not we should be in it thinking we all say stay but it backfired.
    It sorta sounds like it was meant as a bluff that got called, and then went through. Wow, that is just amazing if so.
  • NicholasD1984
    2911 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    Just saw on the news that it's possible Scotland could veto the UK decision to leave the EU, it's getting interesting!

That would get shot down right away. At the end of the day it's down to our government to implement it. Scotland don't have the powers to veto it.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• NicholasD1984
    2911 posts Member
    edited June 2016

They were hoping that the remain would win it then were surprised to see it lose so they come up with stupid replays. If they didn't think they would win why did the for in the first place.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• NicholasD1984
    2911 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    juliet603 wrote:

Basically during the general elections last year a racist (although they'd claim not to be) party called UKIP were starting to do pretty well and gaining lots of support, and one of the things they said they'd do is to hold a referendum. To try and get the UKIP supporters to vote for him instead (because UKIP don't actually know anything about running a country, just about slagging off immigrants) Cameron said if he won he would hold a referendum too, and when he won he kind of had to stick to that promise :?

It goes back to before the elections last year. As I said earlier that he wanted to reform the eu and they wouldn't do Cameron wanted to do a referendum on the eu. It was put on hold till after the general elections to see if he got back in power then set about is agenda to sort out the referendum.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.