EA Forums - Banner

Social battle timer was incorrect

Prev1
The same thing happened to me this morning. Yesterday at 10:30am, I first did all 3 of my social battles, then I did all of my neighbor visits. This morning at 10:30, it wouldn't let me do any social battles so I went ahead and visited all 70 neighbors. Well over 1 1/2 hours later, I was still unable to do any social battles. So I went back to my own town, then immediately returned to the neighbor screen, entered a town and was then able to complete all 3 battles. It seems like you need to resynch with your own town if the social battles aren't available while visiting neighbors and you know that they should be.

This is very frustrating! The time drift has already caused me to start a day later. I hope they fix this soon or there are going to be a lot of unhappy people. I am still ok at 30 battles, but most of my neighbors are so far behind that they will never catch up unless some changes are made.

The thing that irks me the most is that there isn't any timer to let you know when it's time to do social battles. The only way you can find out is to keep checking by entering a neighbor's town.

Replies

• AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I've had this happen to me too. It's a bit frustrating, because sometimes it won't let battle up to an hour or more after the 24 hour period is up.

The social battle system is definitely glitched out. I hope they adjust the amount of wins needed to finish the event. At the rate of the glitch outs a lot of daily tappers will be left pretty salty with not winning that last prize.

"The 🎃🎃🎃🎃 of the future will be the anti-🎃🎃🎃🎃."
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    65Malibu wrote:
    I always make sure that I start at the same time for my first social battle. Today, the timer was off and I needed to wait. After tapping through my neighbors' towns, it still not allow me to fight.

If, as others have stated, the timer is set according to the time of the first social battle, then I’ve noted similar problems on at least a couple of occasions.
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Same here. I've ended up a day behind now.
  • Springfield_s3
    238 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I have similar problems. I do three actions in my first town right before my first daily social battle. Then I have that town as a 24 hour timer. When my timer expires, I sometimes find I can't fight. In my cases, I've found that force closing the app seems to get the social battle timer to sync and I can fight. Give it a try.
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Five days ago it happened to me as well. And yesterday again. I missed a day now because of that.
  • aahackamacka
    39 posts
    edited June 2016
    Sam here. I'm going well over 24 hours I between being able to do social battles. And yes I'm starting en24 hours after completing my first win (I do all 3 at once so that doesn't even matter). At this rate I believe I'm 6 battles behind the max and there is no way I will get last prize unless somthing changes.
  • blackgryphon9999
    654 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Same here. I was shut out for more than 48 hours. Some of my neighbors are showing 30 battles won, but I've only been able to attempt 27. :-(
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    So this all explains what's happening to me!

My life/schedule has been pretty erratic for the past month. Haven't been able to play on any kind of reasonable daily schedule. Through it all, I was able to get Old King Coal two days ago. But I'm so far down on social battles there's no way I'll be able to get the last two social battle prizes. I've definitely experienced the timer issue, and I started about 36 hours late because I wanted to make sure there were no immediate glitches.

Seems the social aspect of past events was much more flexible from a timing perspective. Social battle timing in this event seems so rigid that you're hosed if you miss just a few days :(
  • AirurandoP
    849 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Does the timer reset after you start the first social battle or after you finish the last? I try to start the social battles at the same time each day and I finish all 3 battles at once ( takes a few minutes to do.) However, I am finding the the clock resetting later and later each day

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

• 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited June 2016
    I hope they add a couple extra days to the event so we all get the final community prize. They can even lower the number of social battles needed to finish.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    AirurandoP wrote:
    Does the timer reset after you start the first social battle or after you finish the last? I try to start the social battles at the same time each day and I finish all 3 battles at once ( takes a few minutes to do.) However, I am finding the the clock resetting later and later each day

It resets when you finish (win or lose) the first battle.

I always fight the same person, and after that first fight I tap the three villians, hence that friend's timer is now telling me when the 24 hours will be up next. The time drifts forward by how long it takes me to do that one fight.

Do not retreat form social battles because it will not count as a point toward the prizes.

If you visit before the 24 hrs are up, be sure to go back to your town to sync. If you just stay on your friends screen or visit friends then even when the timer is up it will not let you do the social fight.
  • mystery2mi
    2357 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If you visit before the 24 hrs are up, be sure to go back to your town to sync. If you just stay on your friends screen or visit friends then even when the timer is up it will not let you do the social fight.

This is what I thought yesterday. Today however, just going back to my own town to sync didn't work. I was sure the 24 hour timer was up. It wasn't until I closed and reentered the game that it would let me do the social battles.

Nice to see you back on the forum again! :D
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    mystery2mi wrote:

This is what I thought yesterday. Today however, just going back to my own town to sync didn't work. I was sure the 24 hour timer was up. It wasn't until I closed and reentered the game that it would let me do the social battles.

Nice to see you back on the forum again! :D

Thanks!

Syncing worked for me, but if it doesn't in the future, then a force stop would be my next attempt, as you did.
  • thetim37889
    144 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Happened to me also, I wait until after my battles to tap any criminals that way I know exactly then to start it was about 10 min off this morning.
  • kathy699
    42 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The event guide specified that the final prize requires 115 battles, which is 39 days of battles. With no way to add an extra battle even with donuts, that means if you miss more than a day (I think the event was originally 41 days long), you won't be getting the final prize (unless you buy it with donuts). I've lost one day already, and my battle time keeps getting pushed later and later in the day because of life, so I'll probably lose another day soon, meaning I won't be getting that final prize.
  • Lottie089
    375 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I seem to have lost a day and I'm not sure where. Today should be 33 fights according to the neighbor scoreboard, but it only lists 30 for me.
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm up to the point where I have to wait until after 2AM, then find one person I can quickly fight 3 times in a row.
  • blackgryphon9999
    654 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Lottie089 wrote:
    I seem to have lost a day and I'm not sure where. Today should be 33 fights according to the neighbor scoreboard, but it only lists 30 for me.

Some of my neighbors have 36. Like you, however, I have 30. Very frustrated about this...
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    yes. 15 minute delay per day will soon super-suck.

one thing to try tomorrow is synch with your town immediately on both sides of the fight, both at the moment of truth when the "new day" begins, and as soon as the fight is done because tomorrow's counter might not actually start until you get that "first fight of the day" bonus popup in your town. That might be why people are losing time---- they're staying out 10 mintues longer to do all 3 fights or they're continuing to do visits or something. Try racing back home.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Tried it ^ and lost only 6 minutes today (from back-and-forths to get the timer to admit it was a new day, the fight, and returning home). Could maybe shave another minute or two off of that with practice. Helps to set an alarm.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!