EA Forums - Banner

Is Coolsville worth it?

Well I suppose it depends on what you like as to if you consider it a purchase or not and also how many spare donuts you have burning a hole in your pocket, personally I quite like the look of the building and the character and as a bonus it produces 20 cards every 8 hours (well I think that's correct, if not I'm sure someone will correct me) but the quest line between Comic Book Guy and Milo is quite short.

Replies

• boldbhoy
    265 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    It isn't a huge building which is an advantage and it goes on the Boardwalk so it was a yes from me.
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanx for the replies. I was really just thinking about having a new character and the building being a bonus, I use to constantly buy donuts for premium content but it's been a long time since I bothered because, well donuts are precious and expensive but I've managed to save 300 levelling up.
  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanx for the replies. I was really just thinking about having a new character and the building being a bonus, I use to constantly buy donuts for premium content but it's been a long time since I bothered because, well donuts are precious and expensive but I've managed to save 300 levelling up.

Something to think about, there's only a handful of upcoming premium content for act 3, which gives you at least what? Two more weeks to collect donuts before the next event (probably more).

Personally, if I had to choose (which I don't) between grabbing coolsville or the scoutmaster, I'd go for coolsville - but I'm after buildings more than characters now and coolsville does provide a good building to drop some of the random stuff we've gotten in the game in front of and it not look out of place.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited July 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:

Something to think about, there's only a handful of upcoming premium content for act 3, which gives you at least what? Two more weeks to collect donuts before the next event (probably more).

Personally, if I had to choose (which I don't) between grabbing coolsville or the scoutmaster, I'd go for coolsville - but I'm after buildings more than characters now and coolsville does provide a good building to drop some of the random stuff we've gotten in the game in front of and it not look out of place.

Those are good points to consider. What about the character himself, any of the visual tasks appealing/funny?

I think I may buy, but also, looking at the Aqua World items today because they have less than 48 hours left available. Do any of those buildings have a bonus percentage? I have 200 donuts currently, so could purchase Coolsville and something else, or do the 3 aqua buildings and save the rest for Coolsville before it expires, maybe.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited July 2016
    When you say, if you had to choose between Coolsville and the Scoutmaster, who is the Scoutmaster? Is that the Fracker? Or something I else I completely missed?

Upcoming character in act III?
  • heyababy47428
    1038 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I bought it because I'm a sucker for buildings that produce event currency. Coolsville building is nice, good size, fits in with the other small business buildings
    Why didn't they sell me this in chapter 1? or Bartmans outfit before I had already unlocked Stretch Dude? I woulda snatched up that skin to have the extra fighter, but now it's just redundant.

• maggiesmob
    226 posts
    edited July 2016
    Somehow I'm not that interested in Milo (unvoiced), but Coolsville looks like fun (even if it's pink :D )
    Still almost a week to consider getting it, maybe use my donuts up if I get the Scoutmaster too hmmm....

Anyone have a showcase pic of it? How's it look in your town?
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    brady you can see a preview of the scoutmaster by scanning through your character sets, he's in Villains i believe. [spoiler?] Comes without a building in act 3 for 100 nuts.

Milo has one visual that looks like he's making it rain money in a stripclub. I don't claim to know what that's about, seems wasteful. The job is probably supposed to be something totally different from that, but that's what it looks like. [Edit: It's called "hand out Japanese hard candy"]. His other visual is supposed to be related to [spoiler???] kareoke or singing Korean pop songs or something like that. Haven't seen it yet.
  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    bradyc79 wrote:
    When you say, if you had to choose between Coolsville and the Scoutmaster, who is the Scoutmaster? Is that the Fracker? Or something I else I completely missed?

Upcoming character in act III?

Scoutmaster is upcoming and from the radioactive man movie episode.

As far as Milos task - I just put him on his 24 hour task to make sure I can answer this accurately - I'd have to say his visual tasks are underwhelming. He's mostly for the added bonus of another premium paying out character, it's mostly the building I was after.
  • Ratbag72
    172 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Why buy any of these event items for donuts if you've only got 300? They are usually only related to 1 episode. You are much better off looking through the premium section and seeing what more "regular" characters, buildings etc you can get for the 150 donuts. How about The Rich Texan, Crazy Cat Lady, Krustylu Studios, Jasper or any of the more known characters.

Just because they are limited doesn't mean they are good, you might regret buying some of these obscure items when you can see what else is on offer.

Just my 2 cents.
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited July 2016
    Ratbag72 wrote:
    Why buy any of these event items for donuts if you've only got 300? They are usually only related to 1 episode. You are much better off looking through the premium section and seeing what more "regular" characters, buildings etc you can get for the 150 donuts. How about The Rich Texan, Crazy Cat Lady, Krustylu Studios, Jasper or any of the more known characters.

Just because they are limited doesn't mean they are good, you might regret buying some of these obscure items when you can see what else is on offer.

Just my 2 cents.

I do appreciate your input. I already have purchased Rich Texan, Crazy Cat Lady, Krustylu Studios, Jasper, and several other premium characters with a building. There are still 10 characters with buildings that are permanently available in the store, but that I h have not purchased. But they who I consider more obscure, such as the unfinished shed or Plato's Republic, or I don't like the character and jobs (Lugash).

I did look up the bonus multiplier's on the Aqua World builidings

Aqua World Prison Tower, 1% $, 0.75% XP
    Aqua World Fuel Tank, 1%
    Aqua World Fishing Platform, 2%

But I still haven't purchased any of those items, just still something to consider.

Thanks for everyone's input on Coolsville's pros and cons. I will probably purchase him in the end.
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I already have all the normal premium characters in store so all I can really buy now are the limited premium items. Thanx everyone for the input!
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I like it. Cool addition
  • Muhsterino
    4489 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    maggiesmob wrote:
    Somehow I'm not that interested in Milo (unvoiced), but Coolsville looks like fun (even if it's pink :D )
    Still almost a week to consider getting it, maybe use my donuts up if I get the Scoutmaster too hmmm....

Anyone have a showcase pic of it? How's it look in your town?

I really like the building as it is not too large. It fits in well with my other shops.
    Coolsville next to android's dungeon:
    pfVEcBOl.jpg

Animation when Milo has a task there, the building lights up:
    i4RLX6hl.jpg

Milo's task list:
    6kWAmBzm.png
    CtWNNYRm.png
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!