EA Forums - Banner

What is your favourite movie?

Prev13456711
Oooo thats a toughie......need to have a think!!

Gonna say "The Matrix" for the moment Obvilously!.....there could be a list to follow though lol

Replies

  • Herm412
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    American Beauty
  • morganbaby1016
    241 posts
    edited January 2013
    Dirty Dancing- will always be my fave.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC beat me by a couple minutes. There a mirad of movies on the list, but The Matrix will always be at the top of my list.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    Everything by Stanley Kubrick
    Everything by the Coen Brothers
    Brazil
    Harold & Maude
    Withnail & I
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    Anything with the Muppets
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC beat me by a couple minutes. There a mirad of movies on the list, but The Matrix will always be at the top of my list.

    YEAH BABY!!!

    All about the Matrix such a in depth movie, majority of people dont get the meaning of it all. It set the level for Films after it was released for sure :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Everything by Stanley Kubrick
    Everything by the Coen Brothers
    Brazil
    Harold & Maude
    Withnail & I
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    Anything with the Muppets

    Love the Coen Brothers but would stop short at everything. Did you see A Serious Man? That did not work for me and I found Burn After Reading disappointing. But yes, for consistent genius, you cannot go far past the Coen Brothers.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6234 posts Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Superman
    Superman II
    Star Wars Original Trilogy
    Top Gun
    The Last Samurai
    The Goonies
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    NeoSEC beat me by a couple minutes. There a mirad of movies on the list, but The Matrix will always be at the top of my list.

    YEAH BABY!!!

    All about the Matrix such a in depth movie, majority of people dont get the meaning of it all. It set the level for Films after it was released for sure :D

    But did you not see the sequels? What the * happened there. They made The Phantom Menace look like a masterpiece.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    There are so many..

    Band of brothers series
    Blackhawk down
    The devil wears prada
    Expendables 2
    Harry potter series
    People against larry flint
    Born to kill
    Apocalypse now
    Good morning vietnan
    Eyes wide shut...
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Ugh, the old FAVORITE, I can never pick one. I do agree with you an Spiff though, The Big Lebowski is definitely in the top three. I agree with Sonny's list as well, oh how I love Harold and Maude and Brazil (and all the others). Oh, and I liked Burn After Reading, not Lebowski level but still quite good.

    Others, This is Spinal Tap and most things that Sir Christopher Guest assembles.
    Princess Bride
    Hopefully The Arrested Development movie when (and if) the movie actually happens.
    Rushmore and most Wes Anderson

    Ugh, I know I am not thinking of others, I apologize to those that I cannot think of
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    Oh man, there are so many.

    Top three of the top of my head:

    The Empire Strikes Back (unquestionably the best of the entire lot of them)
    From Russia With Love (really, any of the Connery Bonds)
    Clue

  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    NeoSEC beat me by a couple minutes. There a mirad of movies on the list, but The Matrix will always be at the top of my list.

    YEAH BABY!!!

    All about the Matrix such a in depth movie, majority of people dont get the meaning of it all. It set the level for Films after it was released for sure :D

    But did you not see the sequels? What the * happened there. They made The Phantom Menace look like a masterpiece.

    I got the Trilogy! 2nd one was ok, 3rd one was just to finish it off not that good granted but i never said anything about 2&3 was only on about no.1 lol The 1st one is far more powerful in terms of depth and hidden meaning ;)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    LeFreeze wrote:
    There are so many..

    Band of brothers series
    Blackhawk down
    The devil wears prada
    Expendables 2
    Harry potter series
    People against larry flint
    Born to kill
    Apocalypse now
    Good morning vietnan
    Eyes wide shut...

    Le Freeze, The Devil Wears Prada, seriously? I hope that you put this in just to impress the girls as no man should ever state having derived any pleasure whatsoever from this steaming * pile.

    Although, I understand that my wife enjoyed it too.
  • mrmil0
    113 posts
    edited January 2013
    Definitely The Garbage Pail Kids Movie
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    There are so many..

    Band of brothers series
    Blackhawk down
    The devil wears prada
    Expendables 2
    Harry potter series
    People against larry flint
    Born to kill
    Apocalypse now
    Good morning vietnan
    Eyes wide shut...

    Le Freeze, The Devil Wears Prada, seriously? I hope that you put this in just to impress the girls as no man should ever state having derived any pleasure whatsoever from this steaming * pile.

    Although, I understand that my wife enjoyed it too.

    Would that be like putting in The Bridges of Madison County? I admit, I never saw it
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh man, there are so many.

    Top three of the top of my head:

    The Empire Strikes Back (unquestionably the best of the entire lot of them)
    From Russia With Love (really, any of the Connery Bonds)
    Clue

    Clue is a great call. Not one of my personal favourites but to even remember it let alone call it is amazing.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    There are so many..

    Band of brothers series
    Blackhawk down
    The devil wears prada
    Expendables 2
    Harry potter series
    People against larry flint
    Born to kill
    Apocalypse now
    Good morning vietnan
    Eyes wide shut...

    Le Freeze, The Devil Wears Prada, seriously? I hope that you put this in just to impress the girls as no man should ever state having derived any pleasure whatsoever from this steaming * pile.

    Although, I understand that my wife enjoyed it too.

    Would that be like putting in The Bridges of Madison County? I admit, I never saw it

    I actually think The Bridges of Madison County may carry more credentials. I've never saw it myself but I get the impression that it is better than this vapid cesspit of a movie.

    I don't like it, in case that wasn't clear. I am also offended by its inclusion by a man. Dirty Dancing, I would have raised an eyebrow but accepted as personal choice.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    There are so many..

    Band of brothers series
    Blackhawk down
    The devil wears prada
    Expendables 2
    Harry potter series
    People against larry flint
    Born to kill
    Apocalypse now
    Good morning vietnan
    Eyes wide shut...

    Le Freeze, The Devil Wears Prada, seriously? I hope that you put this in just to impress the girls as no man should ever state having derived any pleasure whatsoever from this steaming * pile.

    Although, I understand that my wife enjoyed it too.

    Well the devil wears prada has some similarities with my world.. Yes.. I met many " mirandas" and many "emilys" , on fashion worlds, so its kinda cool see the side that is not ur *ss with mirandas and emilys....

    Well better the devil wears prada Than titanic..

    :P :P :P :P
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Shrek and "The Jerk". The Jerk is one of the funniest movies ever.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Shrek and "The Jerk". The Jerk is one of the funniest movies ever.

    I knew it, I new I was forgetting one, The Jerk just showed my wife some clips, mainly the Special Purpose one as I have take to telling my 20 month old son that that is his Special Purpose. Also I sing the thermos song quite often, and substitute words, often times centered around diaper changing.

    But yes, The Jerk is way up there, top three for me as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!