EA Forums - Banner

I have a ghost amongst my neighbours

Prev1
peruhomer wrote:
Strangest thing, I have a neighbour's town that I can visit (and I don't mean the other Springfield before anyone starts) that neither appears on my Origin friend's list nor is it in its correct alphabetical place amongst the other towns.

Is anyone else experiencing this and do you know how to remove them?

I have before, had somebody whose town was completely out of alphabetical order and I couldn't find them on the friends list to remove them. They were a massive house farmer causing me to crash when I visited them so I wanted to delete them. Finally logged into the Origin Client on my PC and just blocked their name and that got rid of them.

My son has an interesting one. I had sent a friend invite to somebody on the add-me thread. They never accepted or declined, I can see them in the pending list....I can search for their name....yet every time I try to add their name to the ban list to get them off the pending list? The game tells me they don't exist! What? But I see them!

Replies

• peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    Strangest thing, I have a neighbour's town that I can visit (and I don't mean the other Springfield before anyone starts) that neither appears on my Origin friend's list nor is it in its correct alphabetical place amongst the other towns.

I have before, had somebody whose town was completely out of alphabetical order and I couldn't find them on the friends list to remove them. They were a massive house farmer causing me to crash when I visited them so I wanted to delete them. Finally logged into the Origin Client on my PC and just blocked their name and that got rid of them.

My son has an interesting one. I had sent a friend invite to somebody on the add-me thread. They never accepted or declined, I can see them in the pending list....I can search for their name....yet every time I try to add their name to the ban list to get them off the pending list? The game tells me they don't exist! What? But I see them!

Can you please tell me how to get onto the Origin Client?
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:

Do you have a PC? Only works on PC's and not Apples. Go up to your name on the top of this forum and you should taken to the Origin website. You have to download it to your computer.

You can also click on this....

http://www.origin.com/download
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    I have one neighbour who sometimes is placed in the right alphabetical order an at other times completely is out of order. Don´t have a clue what is up with him/her. Cannot decide who or what to be I guess. Must be a guy :mrgreen:
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:

Do you have a PC? Only works on PC's and not Apples. Go up to your name on the top of this forum and you should taken to the Origin website. You have to download it to your computer.

I'm not surprised it doesn't work on fruit but I have a computer that I can use. Many thanks.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I have one neighbour who sometimes is placed in the right alphabetical order an at other times completely is out of order. Don´t have a clue what is up with him/her. Cannot decide who or what to be I guess. Must be a guy :mrgreen:

More like a woman. Most indecisive creatures EVER!
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

Works so much better for friend management, especially deletion of invites
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013

I totally disagree... naturally :roll:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:

I'm not surprised it doesn't work on fruit but I have a computer that I can use. Many thanks.

LOL! Silly.

Sent you another PM. Thought I was done but yeah....not yet hahaha.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013

I totally disagree... naturally :roll:

Of course you do you're a woman! :P :lol:
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh no, it's all going a little bit paranormal today. I just tried sending a reply and the comment couldn't be saved and then I was thrown into an old thread that I had never previously visited :| (I also now find that there is no emoticon for scared. I think I may have chosen one that depicts someone taking a *)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    Oh no, it's all going a little bit paranormal today. I just tried sending a reply and the comment couldn't be saved and then I was thrown into an old thread that I had never previously visited :| (I also now find that there is no emoticon for scared. I think I may have chosen one that depicts someone taking a *)

*giggles* LOL

It's like the Twilight Zone in here. *insert scary music*
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
  • Jopa79
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I have a couple friends that do this. I think they have 2 usernames, either to have 2 Springfields or one for the Simpsons and one for another origin game.
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    I have had this happen quite a bit. I looked at the towns and looked at my friends list and started matching names and would get to where that town should be and found a different name. deleted that friend and the town went with them. Somehow some people's towns do not match their usernames.
  • kschold
    235 posts
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:

Yes, but why would that be cause for removing them?
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013

Of course you do you're a woman! :P :lol:

PAH! :lol:

But back to thread: Maybe those are the ones who changed their usernames at some point...
  • nyawink
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Me too. Doesnt show up in my friends list but is counted in the number of friends. And this person is active because i can see changes in the town every once in a while.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    kschold wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:

Yes, but why would that be cause for removing them?

I suffer from OCD and cannot stand the fact that they are out of alphabetical order. No, in truth I have had to cut back on friends to stabilise my game and they are sadly one of the towns that I wish to cut back on. I hope this satisfies your nosiness :wink:
  • AMSnake-o
    135 posts
    edited January 2013
    Maybe the person changed their username?
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013

I can't decide whether to agree or not...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!