EA Forums - Banner

Coffee

Prev13
juliet603
17879 posts Member
And if TV is to be believed, 1 cup of American coffee makes people hyperactive / crazy :?

Replies

• LawrenceCohen
    3793 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I love coffee but never drink instant. Moka pot all the way.

• maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    ceeec200a52c8463a13ea5ea9b718d40.jpg
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    Does anyone in America drink instant coffee? Over here it's what most people drink at home, but going off American TV shows and movies it looks like everyone has a coffee maker (and moans when someone's finished off the last of the jug!) is this true? Or just another thing TV makes me believe? :lol:

Juliet - asking the important questions that really matter

No hard numbers, but it’s pretty clear that in the U.S., the consumption of instant coffee — which was always looked down upon as a second rate beverage — has fallen in the last 10-20 years. If you look at trends worldwide, consumption of instant coffee tends to be higher where tea is the primary drink of choice.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't drink coffee, but the people in my office drink coffee. Is instant coffee the coffee you place in a coffee maker and run hot water over the ground up coffee? That's what everyone drinks in my office and all the other places I worked before. If that's instant coffee, what is non-instant coffee?

Side note: When you look up antonyms for instant, because I don't think non-instant is a word, you get future, old, old-fashioned, past, slow, tardy, unimportant, delayed, eventual, late, and later. None of those sound right in front of coffee. Future coffee?
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't drink coffee, but the people in my office drink coffee. Is instant coffee the coffee you place in a coffee maker and run hot water over the ground up coffee? That's what everyone drinks in my office and all the other places I worked before. If that's instant coffee, what is non-instant coffee?

Side note: When you look up antonyms for instant, because I don't think non-instant is a word, you get future, old, old-fashioned, past, slow, tardy, unimportant, delayed, eventual, late, and later. None of those sound right in front of coffee. Future coffee?

:lol::lol: I don't drink coffee either and your post makes perfect sense to me. Future coffee sounds correct.
  • tommy1724
    1969 posts Member
    edited July 2016

No that ain't instant, friend! Instant is kinda like horrible hot kool-aid - crystals mixed with boiling water. Not cool, bro, literally or figuratively.

I think most North Americans use some form of brewed coffee - hot water passed through ground coffee beans. I would say tv and movies are better my pretty truthful, Juliet!
  • Annathewicked
    4728 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Instant coffee is nasty..... I take the Starbucks kind camping- convenient for about just that.
    Otherwise - home, brew pot everyday - most people I know have one, if not use it daily.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    No way! Cheap coffee gives me a headache.
    So cool there's a couple who frequently posts here. Good stuff. How long have you & MrW been together?
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm pretty sure instant coffee is a typical English thing. Mayne because of the tea and all.

Over here everyone has a coffee machine.
  • barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Stuck with instant coffee, but against my will. :evil: although I have turned to peppermint tea recently.
  • suetopia
    4233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Have you ever been just about to tap on a thread to open it, hiccuped and accidently tapped the wrong thread instead... Because that's what just happened here... :D

Anyhow, while I'm here - most people I know (in Canada) drink brewed coffee. I also prefer brewed coffee if I'm having coffee, but I normally drink tea - I drank too much coffee in University so I sort of went off of it.

My father, however, drinks the instant stuff... But he is from the UK... Soooo ya. :wink:

• Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited July 2016
    Wait, there's a couple that posts here?

200w.gif

On the coffee topic, I as an American do not drink instant coffee while at home we have a nifty Keurig. The only time I subject myself to instant coffee is when I'm deployed or back-country camping.
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Fresh brewed coffee....yummm

0f81fb7d02e19fab3f2f61feacd16e32.jpg
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• Annathewicked
    4728 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Fresh brewed coffee....yummm

0f81fb7d02e19fab3f2f61feacd16e32.jpg

Well, everyone likes a warm ****..............
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Ooh so it's true! I hate coffee but I know my other half and every other coffee drinker I know prefers non instant, maybe Brits are just cheap when it comes to buying coffee makers! :P

My mum and dad bought a coffee maker when I was younger but only used it about 10 times if I remember rightly! the lazy gits :lol:
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm pretty sure instant coffee is a typical English thing. Mayne because of the tea and all.

This is lies. When I asked you for a coffee, you served me Jenever :lol:
  • johncolombo
    11635 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 2016
    brewed, most americans have some sort of coffee machine. I do however keep a jar of instant on hand in case I run out of brewable coffee, so instant in an emergency only.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited July 2016

This is lies. When I asked you for a coffee, you served me Jenever :lol:

:lol:

@johncolumbo do you have many coffee "emergencys"? :lol: that sounds like you have a problem! :P
  • empathy77
    4192 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    We have a Keurig machine in our office, I drink a minimum of 1 cup a day from this device, is that considered instant coffee?
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I am the proud owner of a Nespresso Virtuoline and enjoy making frothy, milky beverages from said machine.

That is all.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.