EA Forums - Banner

Trivial EA Request

Prev1
ZennGlenn
1723 posts Member
ZennGlenn wrote:
Dear EA:
So, Superhero Sequel was certainly swell & all w/essentially an overwhelming load of tasks to keep up with... a solid battle within the battles :twisted:

Those of us w/semi-actual lives to live & enjoy the Summer such as myself certainly maintained the maniacal gaming addiction to the worst of our ability... and got all the friggin content /prizes, etc... almost! :shock: ...The one area I apparently, ever so perfectly slightly lapsed on was the friend battles, managing to 'perfectly' miss the '1Week Wonder Films' final prize by ONE single friggin riculous visit... which I was perfectly set to obtain this morning had the friggin system not been set to require the damned mandatory update to continue gameplay... I couldn't possibly grit my teeth in greater utterly blistering frustration unless the egomaniacal foolish hypocrite with the pathetic crazy hair is actually elected! :evil:
33d8c783-1feb-4aa9-acd9-5892f9c3771f_zpsbpzn45uv.jpg
I appealled to EA help by phone to kindly request placement of this foolishly trivial, yet sincerely desired final item, but as much as they wanted to honor any discretion to grant the item, they had no access to do so since the event is over...
I actually reached out 3 times just to be certain there was no supervisor w/ authority or ability, calmly communicating each time w/kind & clear reps, but indeed 'struck out' :?
image.jpg1_zpspkacjb37.jpg
So, there is simply no doubt the item is indeed w/in the files, and there is some secret department that actually has access to release it for game currency or other transaction... please make this available sooner than later as I'd prefer to have earned it as part of my groovy film studio setting:roll:
man_sobbing-1-1-1_zpsu6gafgil.png

It’s certainly possible that EA may make this building available again during some future event, but I think that’s the best you can hope for. I’ve never heard of them releasing items to individual users on a case-by-case basis simply because they missed out on acquiring them during an event.

Replies

• ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Booberella
  • LPNintendoITA
    11519 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    you just needed to do 3 battles a day for 26 of the 42 days. how did you miss them?
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • alapalme
    226 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    you just needed to do 3 battles a day for 26 of the 42 days. how did you miss them?

I agree completely. After EA patched the requirements it became one of the easiest components of the event. I was done the social aspect at the beginning of Act 3.

Sorry you missed it though. I'm sure it'll be back in a yard sale or ... SH # 3!
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    alapalme wrote:

I agree completely. After EA patched the requirements it became one of the easiest components of the event. I was done the social aspect at the beginning of Act 3.

Sorry you missed it though. I'm sure it'll be back in a yard sale or ... SH # 3!

Neutral here:

Got the 1 week studios, first time requirements was 110+ if im not mistaken, that would have required DAILY playing and the game was a tad glitched, causing some peoples towns resetting 27+ hours instead of the usual 24 hour reset time (seriously static reset time EA).
    Other people had freezing or other such issues in friends towns so theres also that, big issue:
    24 Hr rest time, thats a load of bull EA and you know it,
    LJffUEH.gif
    Daily Task has a perfect static reset time, follow that, its great, 24 hours though...i can stomach it, but it does strain on gameplay, staying up or sleeping late the 24 hr reset kills ya, with all those glitches it just made it even more annoying.

HOWEVER
    The amount was eventually modified, making it easier (but not returning us those restless nights) honestly EA if your going to tweak it why not just cut the middle man and release the tweaked number first, you realize that your just going to end up doing this over and over again, right?

If you had followed it day by day you should have numbers around late 30's to early 40's meaning youd be halfway there making it super simple, otherwise it was still super easy.
    I understand that you werent able to obtain the item (there was also that one time that Origin and a lot of EA games refused to allow us to log in for like 2-4 hours? think it was a Saturday) however it was simple enough, (after changes of course) it was same for all both Premium and Freemium, with no way for one or the other to get an advantage with donuts (very unlike EA i think), im guessing you can't buy it with donuts?
    Sucks man, really it does, chances are it WILL return but for Donuts, which adds insult to injury cause you were so close to getting it.
    @OP
    Those of us w/semi-actual lives to live & enjoy the Summer such as myself

Sidenote i would suggest you not add that, + points for honesty, - points for having the reader lose empathy for the person.
    An easily offended person may take it negatively thinking your saying they dont have a life, while hardcore players will tell you to actually play hardcore and give up your real life if you want something in the game.
    tumblr_naohfkIAgW1qj4315o1_500.gif
    Honestly though i was kinda expecting EA to release it for donuts, you know for those who couldnt finish or started late?
    Still EA needs to change certain things to a static reset time (mainly friend visits and by extension any events/side events that may occur within friends towns)
    In your own town things like the insanity game, finding maggie or the racetrack MAKE sense to have a timer, friend visits do not.

the-simpsons-animated-gif-1.gif
  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I got mine and I appreciate both points of views being presented here. While there's no doubt EA did the right thing by dropping the requirements, I really do think they dropped the ball by not offering the usual donut catch up method for the final prize.

The number was set way too high and it took them practically half way through the event to address an issue that we figure out would be unobtainable for the masses within the first few days of the event. By the time they'd lowered the number, a good deal of people had already given up out of frustration thinking they'd never hit that mark.

So due to the number of glitches and issues with visiting friends this event, they really should have given the option for people to be able to spend 40, 50, 100, however many donuts to get the final prize. They give us that option for the act prizes, I think it was an oversight to not do the same for the social prize as well.
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I missed out, but that was purely up to me. I kept forgetting and then didn't mind not get the item.
  • ramrod130
    510 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    You called EA 3 times to try to get a building in a game? :shock:
  • matt777jam77
    243 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I find posts with large font and color impossible to read lol
  • thetim37889
    144 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    If there isn't some kind of challenge then what's the point. In fact I was kinda bored with the tasked when they made it so easy. I was looking forward to the challenge knowing I Could only miss two or three days to complete it then they made it super easy and it lost its appeal.
  • Big82S
    566 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I agree that it sucks but honestly I was kind of disappointed in it when I got it. I think it will stay in the grave files as it looks mediocre. If I lost out on dr crab or whatever his name was I'd be P11$$3D..

Hope it comes back for cash for you.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    It's a real shame you missed the wonderfilms prize, but like LP said, they did greatly reduce the requirements for friend prizes. In general, events have become a lot more manageable than they used to be. I missed a few days even in the last act and still managed to win all the prizes without it actually effecting my real life.

This isn't to say the game isn't without its problems. I'm just saying, if it only takes half of the previously required time to get something, it's kinda hard to blame EA for that. They are much nicer when it comes to events than other companies. They don't actually make them pay-to-finish events.

I get how frustrating it is not to get something you really wanted in this game, but there's no need to lose your mind over it. They're most certainly going to return it at some point for low donut cost sometime soon. Just be patient.

"The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited July 2016
    From the math, you would have had to play for 26 days of the 42 days of the event (each Act was 14 days), 26 * 3 fights = 78 (1 more than needed for Wonder Films).

Sorry it didn't work out. I understand players have lives outside the game (I have an 18 month old, thus only play 2 times a day now).

That's why there's schedules posted to track how far you should be to get the prizes you want.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    ramrod130 wrote:

As if they were.going to change their policy the on third call as opposed to the second?

The rules were clearly spelled out when the event started. In fact, the standards were even LOWERED so people could get the prizes easier. And there are step by step guides on here to male things even easier. What is the point of having an event if you just give everyone everything they want for nothing. Thats not an event, its a giveaway.
    During the Wild west event, I didnt get every prize or even all the ones I wanted. I just went on with life. IT'S JUST A GAME
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • barryriddl474
    4818 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    ramrod130 wrote:

I've called a business multiple times in order to get someone who spoke and understood my language.

Sorry to hear you got so close and missed it, Glenn. I missed it by a mile. The neighbor visiting crashes were too much for me to participate effectively.

Seems like there would have to be a way to add it to your town.
  • ramrod130
    510 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    ramrod130 wrote:

I've called a business multiple times in order to get someone who spoke and understood my language.

I get that and have done it too on important issues, money saving issues, things that actually made a significant impact on my life. Not about a building you missed out on in a game. I wouldn't have even thought to call EA about this, or know where to begin the phone conversation.. "Hello EA, I missed out on getting a very easily attainable building in TSTO. I understand that the event is over, but I want that building anyways.."
  • barryriddl474
    4818 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    ramrod130 wrote:
    ramrod130 wrote:

I get that and have done it too on important issues, money saving issues, things that actually made a significant impact on my life. Not about a building you missed out on in a game. I wouldn't have even thought to call EA about this, or know where to begin the phone conversation.. "Hello EA, I missed out on getting a very easily attainable building in TSTO. I understand that the event is over, but I want that building anyways.."

Well, if this thread wasn't started, you wouldn't have had anything to b*tch about, so at least you got something from this.

I hope my friend gets his building somehow.
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    We should all respect one another. While this app may not have the same value to some, it certainly does to others, and that, should be respected. Sometimes it's the most trivial of things that bring us the most pleasure.
  • ZennGlenn
    1723 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Well firstly, I had no self respect anymore after becoming addicted after the first month of play back in Dec '13 :twisted: ...This has only been multiply exacerbated after constantly taming my sanity b/w all the wonderfully glitched filled events we've enjoyed ever since... although TKO-ing a baby may have put me over the edge this time causing the psychosis over a trivial prize...
    72fff9b5-298b-41b1-aa33-5c604631b3d4_zpswzt3pbik.png
    ...Thankfully we have this wonderful groovy forum for 'therapy':roll:
    Anyhow, as w/most all my posts, it was meant in fairly playful qausi-informative fun... I was indeed honestly bummed on missing the silly item, but quite ESPECIALLY since it was amazingly
    :twisted: the very final friggin step away from obtaining the darn thing :twisted: :!:
    11c63207-4927-43d2-9df0-af5c6860ffb9_zpsar7j6jut.jpg
    ...Anyhow I evidently fell into the category some others mentioned of falling victim to the continued neiboreeno game quitting glitch, amongst other nonsense, but also getting right down to it, as also noted I basically derailed myself due to the 'attempted having a life' (only poking fun at us all here!)
    ... btw, the 3 calls were indeed all very worthwhile as w/anyone who ever requires customer svc of any sort & aren't obtaining the desired solution for one reason or another; one may very well find a rep either in a more helpful mood, another w/higher authority, or just another w/better tech saavy... case here turned out to be latest tech system /rules for special event iems are simply no longer accessible after events have ended, regardless of actually meeting all rules of latitude & desire for any reps to grant the item as was indeed confirmed each time... Certainly cool seeing all the constructive sentiments from both neiboreenos & the rest here :wink:

...sooo, anyhow / again, leaving on the perfectly appropriately twisted playful note...
    20160717_141457_zpsufsde2v7.jpg
    :roll:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • joniferous
    509 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I also missed out on OWWF. This was for me, due to being completely unable to access the game for days on end (servers) to then be faced with the 27hr glitch and then yet more intermittent server issues. I was in contact with EA from during the second act about the server issues, and voiced my concerns about not being able to reach OWWF and the ither prizes at the end. It took an unnecessarily long time for EA to get back to me about the server issues, finally saying it could be a corrupted game save and they'd have to reset to the last good save. This was 2 days before the end of the event, and my last good save was the start of act 1. I turned that down, as that would have meant losing my entire event progress. I grinded like hell to get the main prize track completed but you can only do what you can only do for social!
    I chose the entire event over OWWF, but I still wish I could get the darn thing!
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I think you bringing this up does allow for opportunity to request something to fix this issue.

They should add a feature at the end of every event, maybe for like 24 hours, where you can buy whatever you missed with donuts. For example if you just missed an item from a previous phase or something. They can charge each player whatever the difference was. This would allow players to assess whether they want to supplement the donut costs after they know what they've missed.

Just an idea.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!