EA Forums - Banner

Promotion...

Prev1
I find you annoying in some cases, but you AIGHT.

Replies

• P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    And who says I don't feel the same about you, responding to a simple question with such a mean respounce, but you're right, it was a stupid question
  • vvinzent
    173 posts
    edited January 2013
    and btw, how to get promotion ? i haven't got it and people been saying on 22nd day from the day you join but i think it's already been longer than that..
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Check your pm, I heard EA pm's you when your promoted :D
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    vvinzent wrote:
    and btw, how to get promotion ? i haven't got it and people been saying on 22nd day from the day you join but i think it's already been longer than that..

not the 22nd day from the day you joined but the 22nd of the month, i.e. January 22nd.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited January 2013
    Not sure what the logic is behind the wait time for an avatar..

I'm a moderator on one of the largest Desktop customization sites on the net, and we don't require a promotion to upload an avatar.

Tho currently we are debating a mandatory IQ test for Posting privileges on the forums.. :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    PhenomTT wrote:

I'm a moderator on of the largest Desktop customization sites on the net, and we don't require a promotion to upload an avatar.

Tho currently we are debating a mandatory IQ test for Posting privileges on the forums.. :lol:

I was just thinking that sounds like a great idea. Then I was thinking but wait would I be allowed to post? :shock:
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    PhenomTT wrote:

I'm a moderator on of the largest Desktop customization sites on the net, and we don't require a promotion to upload an avatar.

We debated that at work. Abandoned after realizing the legal department would claim discrimination against lawyers.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited January 2013
    ROFl
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ive heard that they not doing any promotions till at least march/april

Again would be around the 22nd of the month randomly of course

ONLY JOKING
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • SPEEDHUNTER28
    6 posts
    edited January 2013
    lol
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited January 2013
    P003htb wrote:
    Why do you need to be promoted to post pics and use font sizes? The thing still comes up for me, and if I do preview the font works, but it won't come out on the acutal post.

Any reason for this? Six more days of waiting is going to kill me if I don't find a loophole though the D*mn promotion stuff

Why not just load up your old account :lol:
  • melserd
    233 posts
    edited January 2013
    I wanna be promoted :evil: :cry:
    Do u hear me EA ?!?

PROMOTE me already :wink::D :?:
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes, there is a reason. They don't want spammers filling the forum with adverts and links to magic enlargement pills, etc. By sticking around and being active for a while, you prove that you are human and here for the "right" thing. It also keeps the Sneals of the world from posting naughty pictures when having a meltdown.

And Cuttyshark, don't insult DM like that.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Yes, there is a reason. They don't want spammers filling the forum with adverts and links to magic enlargement pills, etc. By sticking around and being active for a while, you prove that you are human and here for the "right" thing. It also keeps the Sneals of the world from posting naughty pictures when having a meltdown.

In others words "You have to prove you are worthy of promotion"
  • SPEEDHUNTER28
    6 posts
    edited January 2013
    Some forums have a captcha when newbie signups for a week he will have to type captcha to post.. this is better than this idea of promotions
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    Some forums have a captcha when newbie signups for a week he will have to type captcha to post.. this is better than this idea of promotions

Speedhunter gotta ask....have you been promoted? as you have a lot of posts (Not that that matters to promotion here) or is it you just dont want an avatar?? Just curious / nosey thats all lol :mrgreen:
  • GKpiggy
    148 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

Man, if I ever get promoted, I totally have to find some magic enlargement pill links to use as .sig :)
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

In others words "You have to prove you are worthy of promotion"

So it's not going to happen for him any time soon then :D:D:D
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    What is crazy is that there is not a "Promote Me" thread like the add me threads.
  • SPEEDHUNTER28
    6 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Speedhunter gotta ask....have you been promoted? as you have a lot of posts (Not that that matters to promotion here) or is it you just dont want an avatar?? Just curious / nosey thats all lol :mrgreen:

Im promoted last month.. Just I don't have idea which avatar to put :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!