EA Forums - Banner

Just Stamp the Ticket Guy

Prev13
Deadshot_DCU
6095 posts Moderator
Tasks

1hr - Buy $2 worth of Gas (Kwik-E-Mart)
4hrs - Get parking validated (The Leftorium)
8hrs - Insult people (visual)
12hrs - Work at the Naval Recruitment Office (Naval Recruit Office)
24hrs - Punch out singing Hippie (visual)

Replies

• empathy77
    4130 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    It will happen, it's only a matter of time.
  • devilhunt1449
    3243 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I knew that the character had been in the show quite a few times but hadn't realised just how many times, it's definitely about time that he made his way into the game.
    Welcome to the forum, there's some fantastic information available on here.
  • NickyD841984
    2623 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Would be nice to see this added.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6095 posts Moderator
    edited August 2016
    I knew that the character had been in the show quite a few times but hadn't realised just how many times, it's definitely about time that he made his way into the game.

He's actually been in more episodes, these are just some classic ones that I posted.
  • LawrenceCohen
    3800 posts
    edited August 2016
    :thumbup:
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Maybe we all need to change our avatar pics in support? :)
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    We need him & HIM

hqdefault.jpg

Joey jojo Junior Shabadoo
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    He'll be a gil deal with the naval recruitment building for 500 DONUTS. Still want him?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6095 posts Moderator
    edited August 2016
    josebot533 wrote:
    He'll be a gil deal with the naval recruitment building for 500 DONUTS. Still want him?

I'll even pay one billion donuts

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg
  • someonewashere
    1660 posts Member
    edited August 2016

He's actually been in more episodes, these are just some classic ones that I posted.

If I'm not mistaken he is in the background with a flower growing out of his ear

tumblr_m7qopfVddN1qge5e8o1_400.png

If his nose is off it's cause it's Homers imagination.

He is the definition of background character
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6095 posts Moderator
    edited August 2016

If I'm not mistaken he is in the background with a flower growing out of his ear

tumblr_m7qopfVddN1qge5e8o1_400.png

If his nose is off it's cause it's Homers imagination.

He is the definition of background character

Yup that's him
  • gamersometimes
    222 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    YES!!!!
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    What about that dog with the shifty eyes?
  • someonewashere
    1660 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    tommy1724 wrote:

The thing is he has a perfect time to be released, such as the end of a Villainous plot, a Montgomery Burns plot or at the end of the presidential election.....you'll never expect it to be him.....

J.S.t.T.G.
    doesnt have a perfect time, but he has no bad time either, so he can be released at any time and still make sense, if he was released tomorrow it would make just as much sense if he was released yesterday.

@OP

I get ya tho, my favorite character ever would have to be poochie (not the KL mascot one, nor should it be released in KL, thats where all good ideas go to die)
    I dont know why everyone hated him, cause i loved him, everything he was was the epitome of awesomness (in my mind) of the 90's.......to the EXTREME!
    giphy.gif

The only other characters i would want would be Japanese Friends (or the springfield Yakuza) i think Akira would like more people to talk too, also, akira would be the perfect Gunther of the group hitting on Japanese Rachel......

14.png
  • LPLeach
    267 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Great find! I never noticed him.
    I would call him Background Guy or BGG for short.
    I'd support your proposal 100%.
  • gamersometimes
    222 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    any one got a video link to "just stamp the ticket"?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6095 posts Moderator
    edited August 2016
    any one got a video link to "just stamp the ticket"?

There used to be one, but the person deleted it. There's one in Spanish. I'm gonna see if I can make one
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6095 posts Moderator
    edited August 2016
    tommy1724 wrote:

The thing is he has a perfect time to be released, such as the end of a Villainous plot, a Montgomery Burns plot or at the end of the presidential election.....you'll never expect it to be him.....

J.S.t.T.G.
    doesnt have a perfect time, but he has no bad time either, so he can be released at any time and still make sense, if he was released tomorrow it would make just as much sense if he was released yesterday.

@OP

I get ya tho, my favorite character ever would have to be poochie (not the KL mascot one, nor should it be released in KL, thats where all good ideas go to die)
    I dont know why everyone hated him, cause i loved him, everything he was was the epitome of awesomness (in my mind) of the 90's.......to the EXTREME!
    giphy.gif

The only other characters i would want would be Japanese Friends (or the springfield Yakuza) i think Akira would like more people to talk too, also, akira would be the perfect Gunther of the group hitting on Japanese Rachel......

14.png

I too would love to have the real Itchy, Scratchy & Poochie as playable characters for Springfield
  • someonewashere
    1660 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Why the obsession? Curious.
    Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

While i can not vouch for Deadshot, this is a general wide case kind of scenario and often involves other series as well.

It could be a simple case of enjoyment, as deadshot pointed out he has various appearances, a die hard fan might enjoy playing "Where's Waldo" with the character while binge watching the show, or, perhaps (as sometimes is the case) the main characters are either boring or unrelatable making sidecharacters or background characters a tad more likable this may also happen in arguments over which character is the best
    EX:
    Whos better?
    Daffy Duck?
    Buggs Bunny
    or Yosemite Sam?

Persons answer: "The DoDo"

dough-for-the-do-do-c2a9-warner-brothers.jpg

in this case it is not a manner of "Trolling", instead the response is prompted by either a disdain towards the limited characters or an enjoyment of a less popular (mainstream) one that they enjoyed for personal reasons.
    In my opinion however Buggs Bunny trumps all and Dodo is the best side character with Michigan Frog a close second.

On the other hand it may be a personal favorite character, South Park had a Canadian named "Ugly Bob" also a background character, more of a minor character i enjoyed him greatly for some reason, when he reappeared in the Canadian Wedding episode i literally let out a Fanboy Shriek in the middle of the night that still embarrasses to me this day.
    However there are somteimes when we relate to them, often times a main character will have a series of events, blunders and escapades happen to them, often times background characters may be drawn into them but they are not an integral part or the main character of that (or any story)...kinda makes you realize that its kinda like you (individually if nothing exciting happens to you)

Trent Boyett explained it perfectly:

"Don't tell me that! I heard about the things you've done! But there were no magical Christmas adventures or talking poo for me! I DIDN'T GET TO FIGHT A HUGE MECHANIC BARBERA STALKER!! NO ACCIDENTAL TRIPS TO AFGANASTAN FOR TRENT BOYETT!! " - Southpark

Sometimes characters will go on with the ordinary lives while amazing things happen to others or in the background like giant mech fights, and in the despair of that one speechless character we see reflected in us a part of our very own soul, our very own existence.

So for whatever reason, that one appearance the character made that one time, or the similarities you share when punching a fat bald man for insinuating you have issues pleasing your wife, the love of background characters is common and often, dont judge most of all dont ask cause often times YOU DONT want to know the reason.

For this and many other reasons i believe that Poochie the Dog should be added to the game....along with Itchy and Scratchy.....and Itchy and Scratchy Friends......and the russian equivalent: Worker and Parasite.

sno8UK.gif

Fin