EA Forums - Banner

Do you think they need to change the 3 act system for events?

How about 28 acts later :wink:

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have no problem with the three-act structure. I barely think about it when forming an opinion about whether I like or dislike an event.
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Not fussed. It works. It's not like it's a hard system.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The 3 act system is okay but I would like if the tried something different every now and again, one of the things I love about events is figuring out there mechanics. I think they should try something that involves more neighbour interaction soon, maybe similar to tracking down Fatov but without the waiting times.
  • shanemadrid
    342 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't mind the 3 act system but they need to be shorter. 10 days per act is more than enough as long as they engineer the prizes to be obtainable within say 8 days to give everybody that may miss a day 2 days leeway in obtaining them. Then perhaps a 2 day takedown period where every missed prize can be made available for reduced cash/donuts. That way everybody gets a chance to get everything from the act (if you're a completionist like me) and EA makes their money so everybody's happy :D now bring on the moaners to say they're not happy lol
  • matt777jam77
    243 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't mind the 3 act system but they need to be shorter. 10 days per act is more than enough as long as they engineer the prizes to be obtainable within say 8 days to give everybody that may miss a day 2 days leeway in obtaining them. Then perhaps a 2 day takedown period where every missed prize can be made available for reduced cash/donuts. That way everybody gets a chance to get everything from the act (if you're a completionist like me) and EA makes their money so everybody's happy :D now bring on the moaners to say they're not happy lol

Pretty much spot on. I dont mind the extra time at the end of acts if bonuts are available except this last Superheros where the 12000 needed for each round of bonuts was set really high. Hard to care about the last two days when i didnt wanna chance grinding out a last round of bonuts incase i got close but didnt hit the 12000
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't mind it but would also be open to other styles of event as well...
  • f0r4y312
    5 posts
    edited August 2016
    A little mix it up is much needed I guess, but hopefully they don't just lengthen mini-event gameplay into major events. Treasure hunting and/or puzzle solving would be great than grinding away till an act finishes.

Also, I kinda liked how Superheroes 2 had the same crafting currency throughout the event, but was disappointed in the end because there was lots of crafting currency remaining but only act 3 prizes to craft. IMHO, Terwilligers event possibly had the most interesting crafting system and currency use.

EDIT: I skipped the Treehouse of Horror XXV event and played only a few days of Christmas 2015, so can't really compare Terwilligers to either of those events.
  • aSkydude252
    168 posts
    edited August 2016
    I think it would be a lot better if they switched it up with the major events sometimes. Have a long continuous event sometimes (how long has it been since they did that?), a 3-act event other times, something like the Stonecutters event which was largely one continuous thing but with the daily challenges, or other variations.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I wish they'd come up with a way to make it harder for long time / Premium players who have gobs of characters to do everything. Either that or make it easier for newer / Fremium players.

My preference would be to make it easier for newer players. That was they could break events up into more acts so it wouldn't be so tedious.

In Superheroes 2 I picked up about 65 Zenith City buildings - even in my pure freemium game where I'd just hit level 60 with hardly any Premium characters (gotta do something with those donuts they give us).
  • cdnmtbchick
    77 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    aidx1054 wrote:
    The 3 act system is okay but I would like if the tried something different every now and again, one of the things I love about events is figuring out there mechanics. I think they should try something that involves more neighbour interaction soon, maybe similar to tracking down Fatov but without the waiting times.

I'd rather not have large neighbour interaction on events. It takes forever to load neighbouring towns during events that it could take me over an hour to hit the just under 50 neighbours I have.
  • rwvolture
    1259 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I miss the old format with earning enough items and winning the prizes. no acts and no issue getting enough without having to grind
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    aidx1054 wrote:

I'd rather not have large neighbour interaction on events. It takes forever to load neighbouring towns during events that it could take me over an hour to hit the just under 50 neighbours I have.

I'm with you on the neighbour interactions. I didn't finish the social battles purely because I couldn't be bothered having to visit to do them. Took way too long.
  • heyababy47428
    1041 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't think the 3 act system needs changing

the oversized event quest hub could go away though and I would not miss it one bit
  • derekpasteur
    303 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    If it's good enough for Aristotle, it's good enough for me! 8)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.