EA Forums - Banner

What is your favorite TV show?

Prev1345
2 and a half men but then Charlie Sheen left. Now i dont like it

Replies

• XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm a sci-fi fan and my list frequently changes. Current favorites in no particular order are Fringe, Haven, Supernatural, Grimm, and a new show called Continuum shows a lot of promise.

Edit to add The Walking Dead, although I'm more a fan of the comic than the TV show.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6250 posts Moderator
    edited January 2013
    If I have to pick one...

Current: The Walking Dead

Past: Smallville
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    the quick(ish) list...

Favorite current TV shows are:
    Dexter
    Breaking Bad
    The Big Bang Theory
    Homeland
    Walking Dead
    The Simpsons

Favorite non-current TV Shows:
    Arrested Development
    Entourage
    Matlock
    Oz
    24 (the first couple seasons)
    Spaced
    Insomniac w/ Dave Attell
    MI-5 or 🎃🎃🎃🎃 (not sure the actual name)
    Knights of Prosperity
    Terriers
  • JAMVAN5150
    326 posts
    edited January 2013
    Current, Big Bang Theory
    Past, Boston Legal
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    the quick(ish) list...

Favorite current TV shows are:
    Dexter
    Breaking Bad
    The Big Bang Theory
    Homeland
    Walking Dead
    The Simpsons

Favorite non-current TV Shows:
    Arrested Development
    Entourage
    Matlock
    Oz
    24 (the first couple seasons)
    Spaced
    Insomniac w/ Dave Attell
    MI-5 or 🎃🎃🎃🎃 (not sure the actual name)
    Knights of Prosperity
    Terriers

Homeland is awesome, too. Don't have Showtime but watch online. Crazy ending to season.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    Big Bang Therory
    Breaking Bad
    Simpsons (Obv)
    Walking Dead
    When I met your mother (just got into it recently)
    Spy
    Arrow
    Only fools n Horses (who doesnt like this - classic programme)

That will do for now lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    Humm of course, The Simpsons is our favorite tv show...

From the past, Chuck was the number 1 for me, Friends, and Married with Children ..

Actually, i like Big Bang Theory, Two and a half men, anger management, Sherlock, and White collar.

Lie to Me was spetacular, but unfortunally had no great audience.. Smetimes i watch Glee. I like some songs that they sing, specially the 80's rock song...

Mini series, i have to say that band of brothers and the pacific, made me sign HBO at my cable, just to watch it many times... Finally i bought the collectors edition of both, and watch almost every time...
  • robbeaumont145
    37 posts
    edited January 2013
    Arrow
    Elementary
    Hawaii Five-0
    Strikeback
    And of course The Simpsons :lol:
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Ancient Aliens....I can't believe I forgot this one...it's probably my favorite show due to it's ability to make me think.
  • Herm412
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    Walking Dead and SoA. Best shows on right now.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Doctor Who of course, both old and new
    Arrested Development
    Better Off Ted
    Homeland
    Game of Thrones
    Six Feet Under
    Battlestar Galactica
    Walking Dead
    X Files (to a point)
    Columbo
    Lost (first two seasons)
    History Channel (especially The Universe)
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    Currently, I'd have to say its How I Met Your Mother and Spartacus.

I know a lot of people knock Spartacus for its over the top-ness -- lots of gratuitous violence and sex. As is either is a bad thing! But it is one of the most engagingly written shows and the acting has been phenomenal (especially John Hannah before his character was killed). It truly is one of those shows where you never, ever, know what will happen and when things go down, they usually go down in the most bat-guano crazy way possible.

As for former shows, I am a huge fan of Angel, moreso that Buffy (which peaked in season 3 and then fizzled for 4 more years). Angel was a show that really employed long form story telling extremely well. Lots of good character development, generally strong acting throughout and funny to boot. I mean, c'mon, there's an episode where Angel is turned into a wee little puppet man! What's not to love?

• LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    Homeland. Too.. How could i forgot about this show?

Once i saw mdfriend, i remembered history channel and national geographic's wwII series..
  • kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited January 2013
    Favourite shows (past & current) ...

Big bang theory
    2 and a half men (with Charlie sheen)
    Lost
    Dexter (majorly disappointed in season 7 though)
    CSI Miami
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Currently, I'd have to say its How I Met Your Mother and Spartacus.

I know a lot of people knock Spartacus for its over the top-ness -- lots of gratuitous violence and sex. As is either is a bad thing! But it is one of the most engagingly written shows and the acting has been phenomenal (especially John Hannah before his character was killed). It truly is one of those shows where you never, ever, know what will happen and when things go down, they usually go down in the most bat-guano crazy way possible.

As for former shows, I am a huge fan of Angel, moreso that Buffy (which peaked in season 3 and then fizzled for 4 more years). Angel was a show that really employed long form story telling extremely well. Lots of good character development, generally strong acting throughout and funny to boot. I mean, c'mon, there's an episode where Angel is turned into a wee little puppet man! What's not to love?

Spartacus is VERY entertaining. It took about two episodes to get used to, but I was hooked after it settled into the gladiator house setting...and seeing Lucy lawless! Holy crap, I had no idea she was that hot; Zena tried to conceal her beauty, Spartacus revealed it! Admittedly, the new Spartacus is kinda crappy, he's not very buff and the the original (RIP) was great IMO. I may have a celebrity crush on (Mira - Katrina law). And ladies, it's not just female nudity!
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Doctor Who
    Spaced
    Arrested Development
    Battlestar Galactica

I have so many more, but these are the bestest.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    Spartacus is VERY entertaining. It took about two episodes to get used to, but I was hooked after it settled into the gladiator house setting...and seeing Lucy lawless! Holy crap, I had no idea she was that hot; Zena tried to conceal her beauty, Spartacus revealed it! Admittedly, the new Spartacus is kinda crappy, he's not very buff and the the original (RIP) was great IMO. I may have a celebrity crush on (Mira - Katrina law). And ladies, it's not just female nudity!

I got into Spartacus during the the prequel half-season brought about due to Andy Whitfield's (sadly, ultimately unsuccessful) battle with cancer. And its a good thing that I did, because the first 2 episodes of the first season are harsh -- weak CGI effects, cheesiness, etc.

But once it gets going, hoo boy. Hang on, for you are in for a wild ride.

And yes, Lucy Lawless. And Katrina Law.
  • morganbaby1016
    241 posts
    edited January 2013
    My dvr works overtime trying to keep up with me and the hubs.

The current scripted shows:
    The Big Bang Theory
    CSI original and NY (hate the Miami one)
    Bones (my favorite, I will cut someone if that doesn't record)
    Burn Notice
    Hart of Dixie
    New Girl
    Parenthood

I enjoy reruns:
    Cheers
    Friends
    Saved by the bell (not the college years, they sucked)
    Murder She Wrote
    Matlock

I also LOVE me some "reality" tv :)
    Honey Boo Boo- its like a train wreck, I can't not watch
    Dance/singing competition shows
    Dance Moms
    Keeping up with those big bootied Kardashians
    The teen moms

And my favorite "reality show" is MTVs Catfish. Me and my husband met online through a dating website and it worked out with us but there are so many people out there who trust and it works out horribly for them. I always tease him after we watch it that if I showed up on our first date and he was a woman I would have been so mad :)

• direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Current: Psych

Past: The Saprano's
  • brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited January 2013
    I almost threw out my tv when Lost ended. It was so good. I recently re-watched the first few minutes of the first episode again on Netflix... So many memories!

My current favourites are Modern Family and Up All Night.
    And if I have to admit....Survivor.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!