EA Forums - Banner

Handling the next holiday

With both Halloween and Christmas, I stopped running the character tasks for treats/coins once I had purchased everything. But I kept collecting through tapping neighbors houses/zombies/whatever. In both cases, I had thousands of leftovers. I will probably keep playing in a similar fashion.

The one thing I MIGHT change is that I may make one character continue to run treat-tasks after I buy everything just IN CASE those treats turn out to be valuable later.

Replies

• jasonicus321
    1811 posts
    edited January 2013
    I don't expect anything like the stocking promotion more than once a year.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013

Same here.. I think xmas promo was an unique event, and maybe, should continues to be an unique event with free donuts..

Maybe, some eastern promo, changing eggs for some exclusive itens, but not donuts....
  • Tortyreus
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'll just try and get all characters/buildings/decorations first and after that, I'll keep collecting as many eggs (in case of Easter, which I think is most likely for a next big update) just in case we can get something out of it, whether it's doughnuts or something else... I don't think we'll get something as generous as Mystery Stockings again, but now that we've gotten something for all the extra effort I don't think they'll go Halloween on us again. Either way, I'll keep sending all characters on jobs that will get me those exclusive thingies, just in case.
  • indydude33
    118 posts
    edited January 2013
    I agree with those who think that the free doughnuts/donuts/doh-nuts won't be repeated soon.

But I think there are other ways they could use those excess treats. One thing I would like to see (and seriously thought we might see during the Christmas promo) is a special building or decoration that we would be able to buy multiples of with leftover treats. It would be ideal if this building were a legit restaurant or store (one that uses a menu or dollar sign icon). That way I could get a couple of extra, put them in my inventory and pull them out when my Gluttony or Consumerism rating drops a half-star.

It would be nice to have an option other than building multiple Kwik-E-Marts, Krusty Burgers or Gulp-N-Blows.

I honestly thought that they were going to do this with the Try-n-Save, but it didn't happen.

• stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited January 2013

Same here, I doubt EA will want to get us into a pattern of thinking we can get free doughnuts at the end of every event.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    I don't expect it either but they've fooled me enough with XMas to probably collect a lot the next time in case they introduce something again.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    Wanted to create one more thread to get opinions.

After Halloween, our treats disappeared. Before the end of Christmas, we were offered mystery stockings.

When the next holiday event (or Whacking Day) comes out, how will you play? Assume it's Halloween again and you'll lose everything, or hope EA offers donuts again?

I assumed XMas was going to be the same and stopped collecting coins until the stockings rumors. I have enough money now where I would probably do the holiday tasks/collecting throughout in hopes of more free donuts, but people on lower levels or those who have buildings left might think otherwise because they need cash.

Thoughts?

Tap slower and read the conversations. Xmas started with one between Homer & Lisa saying might be able to buy more than the stuff in quests.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    I disagree based on EA's other games. In monopoly I get free gold (the premium currency in that game) every single day. It actually keeps me more engaged with the premium items, and I am constantly tempted to be impatient and buy gold instead of waiting a few more days/weeks to get something.

The scarcity with which you can get doughnuts in TSTO has definitely created a large number of players who have no interest in the premium content, and refuse to spend real money. Giving a little away for free (maybe find random doughnuts in neighbors' towns or earn them from lard lad) will almost certainly result in more people buying doughnuts.

I doubt another holiday will end like Halloween, as I think the reaction was worse than developers expected... hence the stockings at Christmas.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    I think the stocking was a one time thing or once a year, Id bet my bottom dollar that any event currency is either wasted or something similar to the mystery stocking is offered but with far less worth while items than the almighty donut
    dcline414 wrote:
    I disagree based on EA's other games. In monopoly I get free gold (the premium currency in that game) every single day. It actually keeps me more engaged with the premium items, and I am constantly tempted to be impatient and buy gold instead of waiting a few more days/weeks to get something.

The scarcity with which you can get doughnuts in TSTO has definitely created a large number of players who have no interest in the premium content, and refuse to spend real money. Giving a little away for free (maybe find random doughnuts in neighbors' towns or earn them from lard lad) will almost certainly result in more people buying doughnuts.

I doubt another holiday will end like Halloween, as I think the reaction was worse than developers expected... hence the stockings at Christmas.

If they do keep giving out free donuts then items worth donuts will keep increasing in price. I was happy when the most expensive donut item was 200 donuts but it seems donut's are going to have less value alrdy from the mystery stockings, and I sincerely doubt they start giving more donuts for your buck, but EA cares nothing for that they want money from the game So i agree with you but i really really dont want it to happen :o
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!