EA Forums - Banner

To all the KEM donut farmers ....

Prev134
So is this basically the same tactic as buying multiple rat trap trucks/bloodmobiles, only with a better XP to cash return?

Replies

• BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    CLWggg wrote:
    So is this basically the same tactic as buying multiple rat trap trucks/bloodmobiles, only with a better XP to cash return?

Yes, but the Rat Trap trucks and bloodmobiles only give you 10% XP base rate, before any multipliers are added. The Rat Trap truck costs 150,000, so 10% of that is 15,000 XP. All KEM stores are 220 cash, and have a base rate of 2000 XP, which means you get approximately 900%. You also got an extra column of land with this event, so put that land to good use. 900% compared to 10%, this is too good an offer to pass up.
  • maurotib516
    26 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    :shock: I'm getting crazy, I've stored almost all my houses to fill up my town with KEMs! It seems like a huge commercial center! :shock:

Thanks everyone for the tip!
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    At first I thought it was a mistake but maybe they have given up on making it harder and are just letting us do it. Not complaining.
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Have the KEM's changed in look? For some reason they feel like they look different. Might just be me.
  • CLWggg
    179 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    JKoBenzed wrote:
    Have the KEM's changed in look? For some reason they feel like they look different. Might just be me.

Yes, they have (see here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10415605.page).
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    CLWggg wrote:
    JKoBenzed wrote:

Yes, they have (see here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10415605.page).

Ah ok, cheers. Thought I may be loosing it. Might still be!
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    i didn't want to fill my town with KEMs, what i did was use 150 Kems, used people doing Duff gardens, SH Furniture store and Coffee shop for quick xp (apx. 22people total when not doing Monorail tasks). XP collider running 10 days constantly, also ran people on hourly tasks. With in game cash i bought rat trap trucks and sold them immediately. I hit 939 on Monday without making my Springfield look like an Apu nightmare.
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    This is probably something we all want to keep quiet about.
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    While we are talking about it don't forget to store your KEM instead of selling when built. If they put the price back up you will make out like a bandit selling after price increase.
  • aSkydude252
    168 posts
    edited August 2016
    I have to assume that this is the beginning of the end, though, that there will be an update shortly that will gut the XP you get for them. If not, it will be RAINING donuts and all purchase restraint will be out the window.
  • kcm0984
    32 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I feel like a noob, but I really don't understand KEM farming for donuts. Can someone explain it in small words? Because I may have just bought, like, ALL the KEM.

KC
  • AAArnie
    65 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    If I buy and store them before they build can I place them later for building to complete? And thanks for the info. This is why I enjoy the forum.
  • thetim37889
    144 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    So I just spent between 500000 and 750000 on kems now I have major lag :P
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    AAArnie wrote:
    If I buy and store them before they build can I place them later for building to complete? And thanks for the info. This is why I enjoy the forum.

I just tried, they can't be stored while building, good idea though

• BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    kcm0984 wrote:
    I feel like a noob, but I really don't understand KEM farming for donuts. Can someone explain it in small words? Because I may have just bought, like, ALL the KEM.

KC
    KEM farming is when you can get a lot of XP for the least amount of cash spent, you get a base rate of 2000 XP for each one built. Due to a coding error or permanent change, the price for each KEM is stuck at 220, instead of going up to 14,400 as you buy additional KEM stores. Buy KEM stores, build KEM stores, collect XP, and sell KEM stores for cash, then repeat. This method is most effective if you are at level 939, and turn on the 5X XP collider. Each time you fill up your XP bar, you play the bonuts game for up to 3 donuts.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    petehd14 wrote:
    This is probably something we all want to keep quiet about.

It's posted all over other forums and reddit since last night. Would have expected a patch today by now. Get in while you can though.
  • NYYBASEBALL7
    14 posts
    edited August 2016
    I just had a question. After all the KEMs are don with construction, is it worth it to play the itchy and scratchy game or is that not worth the time? I figure you're probably gonna hit the jackpot at least some time, just not sure if its worth the time. What do you think?
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    While we are talking about it don't forget to store your KEM instead of selling when built. If they put the price back up you will make out like a bandit selling after price increase.

Thanks! :thumbup:
  • acbc123
    40 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I just had a question. After all the KEMs are don with construction, is it worth it to play the itchy and scratchy game or is that not worth the time? I figure you're probably gonna hit the jackpot at least some time, just not sure if its worth the time. What do you think?

itchy and scratchy takes up max. 10 seconds, and since you should have an originial KEM, you can just play it there. itchy and scratchy game cooldown is shared among all KEMs, not per KEM.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited August 2016

The Itchy and Scratchy game only gives out cash. The purpose of KEM farming is to get the XP points when the 4 hour construction time is completed. Besides, you only get 1 Itchy and Scratchy game, it doesn't matter if you have 1 KEM store or 1000.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!