Act I Prize Track:
Skyberdine Systems-1,600
Future Duff Sign-6,500
Simpson's Hover Car-12,000
Holo-Theater-18,000
Sgt. Skinner-24,000

How to Earn Event Currency:
Please clear your town manually of robots before playing the PolyVac Mini Game
•Completing Questline-25 Event Currency per Quest.
---I'll find out how many the maximum is ASAP
•Tapping Robots-1 Event Currency per robot.
---By entering the crafting page under the Events Tab, and trying to level up without the required amount of Robot Parts, and then clicking "Do It" when the warning comes up, the game will automatically teleport you to a robot in your town, unless there are no more. Please see next post on what a full Springfield will look like.
•Sending characters on tasks at the PolyVac.
---The characters you can send on tasks so far are:
Alternative Barbarian Homer-33 Event Currency
Alternative Cool Homer-33 Event Currency
Alternative Evil Homer-33 Event Currency
Alternative Kingsized Homer-33 Event Currency
Alternative Strongman Homer-33 Event Currency
Frank Grimes-66 Event Currency
Rockstar Maggie-66 Event Currency
Ladybot-66 Event Currency
---I'll add more of more become available, as I have a feeling all Multiversal Characters will have tasks there.
•SciFighter Minigame.
---To figure out your payout, use this formula: 100 + 5 x (seconds) + robots + 2 x (jets)
---Springfield Power Plant produces 1 Flash every 24 hours. Send The Yesssssssss Guy on his 24 hour task when you collect the flash to help you remember to collect.
•Friend Actions-2 Event Currency (4 with Salvage License) per Friend Action (maximum of 90 per 24 hours)
---As well as tapping robots, there are Cubes, which you teleport to automatically if it's there. So far we think it's 5/day.
---These cubes are worth 5 Dark Matter, but do not provide Future Bucks. Please tap these before the robots!!

So, we all know that this act is really tight to make it to the final prize for freemium players. Really tight. And EA just adjusted the event currency from the SciFighter game and that'll help a lot but it's still not gonna be easy. So I did some maths with the new SciFighter drops and this is what I got:

Maths:

Final prize: 29,100
Number of Days: 14 (no leeway here guys - it's 14 days exactly for this act)
Event Currency from Main Quest Line "Smack to the Future" (freemium only and without alternate-universe-Homers): 297
Event Currency from Mooch Bart Quest Line "The Mooch Who Knew Too Much" (first act two prize): 330
Event Currency from Neighbour Visits (no anomalies included): 178/day x 13 days = 2314

29,100-297-330-2314=26,159
26,159/14=1869

We need 1869 chronons per day to make the final prize.

In 4-hour cycles we can get:
Robots in Town: 80
Alternate Homers at Polyvac: 165
SciFighter Game: Formula: 100 + 5 x (seconds) + robots + 2 x (jets)

Five 4-hour cycles you'll need 374 per cycle.
1869/5=374
374-80-165=129 needed from the SciFighter game. So open it up and survive six seconds and you're good.

With four 4-hour cycles you'll need 467 per cycle.
1869/4=467
467-80-165=222 needed from the SciFiter game. That's a win and 22 robots/jets killed. I've yet to score less than 34 kills so this should be fine for most.

With three 4-hour cycles you'll need 623 per cycle.
1869/3=623
623-80-165=378 needed from the SciFighter game. The most I've managed is 256 and that's with no damage and a flash at the last second with 13 jets. Probably not gonna happen for anyone.

Conclusion:

With five 4-hour cycles it's a breeze (you could have made it before the event currency was bumped). With four 4-hour cycles it's totally doable. But with only three 4-hour cycles you'll have to pray for daily challenges paying out chronons and finding anomalies in neighbours' towns or turn premium or have taken advantage of the Big Ben glitch (it doesn't work anymore so don't bother asking), 'cause otherwise it won't be enough. So visit four times a day, visit all your neighbours daily, tap anomalies, and accept daily challenges that pay out event currency. And be consistent with it - there is no leeway this act. If you miss any cycles or flop with the SciFighter game you'll need to step up to five visits/day or score a daily challenge or two to make it up.

Again, to confirm, this is for event currency with this act, which is Chronons. The maths for crafting currency is the same as before so if you keep following that, you're crafting will be fine.

Good Luck!!

Written by Becker and edited by AOFIGO009

Crafting

FutureBucks:

So crafting requires robotparts right?
Yes and no, the "demos" require robot parts, the crafting screen will tell you how many more demos (per item) you can craft, once you're done crafting all the "demos" available to a certain item, you can no longer craft them with robot parts. You can however "buy" them (craft them) with FutureBucks, the only difference between the two is that crafting demos increases the progress in your 3-D Printers level (and therefore increase the variety of items you can craft), a "bought" item does not.

Futurebucks are obtained in similar ways as Robot Parts, by tapping Robots in your Springfield, and by playing the PolyVac Mini Game. Can anybody confirm if they are available from Friend Actions?
Information courtesy of Someonewashere (I hope you don't mind my edits, they're not major! :wink: )

Crafting All Demos
To craft all of the demos (so getting to the point where to craft more stuff you have to use Future Bucks, you need to get 26,420 Robot Parts, which works out as 777 Robot Parts per day (that's the number of the demon's older brother! :wink: )

To simply level up fully, therefore unlocking everything and being able to craft whatever you like (after all, not everyone wants to craft everything), you need 17,419 Robot Parts, which work out to 513 Robot Parts per day, which is hopefully more manageable! :)
Thank you to Aidx for providing this information!

Level Up Costs
Level 2: 300
Level 3: 600
Level 4: 700
Level 5: 750
Level 6: 1,200
Level 7: 800
Level 8: 850
Level 9: 900
Level 10: 950
Level 11: 1,000
Level 12: 1,050
Level 13: 1,500
Level 14: 1,100
Level 15: 1,100
Level 16: 1,200
Level 17: 1,500
Level 18: 1,200
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Introduction
    First of all never pay to upgrade the printer, crafting will do that for you. Don't worry about wasting robot parts if the price of the demo is greater than the amount to level up, robot parts will carry over to the next level.

There are 35 days in the event, but I'm using 34 in my calculations to (hopefully) give everyone a little leeway for starting the event. Also, LPN's info cites 19 robot parts needed to upgrade to level two crafting but I'm pretty sure I needed more than one holo-tulip before this unlocked in my game so I'm using the tstoaddicts info for levelling up crafting (see above). Also, I'm ignoring level 19 crafting as the only thing this unlocks is future buck conversions and crafting Homer's dream home at Level 18 is more than enough to open up level 19.

Robots in your Town
    Robots in town pay out one robot part each, the spawn at a rate of one every three minutes with a maximum of 80, which takes four hours to reach (convenient, huh?!).

SciFighter
    The minigame can be played every four hours and you can figure out what your payout will be by using the following formula (20 base + # seconds survived + # robots killed). So if you survive the full 20 seconds and kill 30 robots, you will get 70 Robot Parts.

Anomaly
    The cube that sometimes appears in a friends town pays out one robot part. You must not have used all 89 friend actions for the cube to pay out event currency. Because this is so random, I will not use this as part of the maths

Daily Challenges
    There is a chance of your daily challenges paying out 100 robot parts during the event. If you don't want cash/dark matter etc. I'd recommend swapping for the chance at robot parts or donuts (1 donut can buy 20 robot parts via rushing). Again, because of the randomness of this, I will not be factoring this into the maths.

What we Need
    You need a minimum of 19,700 Robot Parts to unlock and craft Homer's Dream Home (which is the final craftable prize, at Level 1, which is 16,700 Robot Parts to Level up to Level 18 plus 3,000 Robot Parts for Homer's Dream Home itself. This will be enough for one of each craftable item, plus 6,160 Robot Parts for duplicate crafting (19,700 Robot Parts total minus 13,540 cost for one of each craftable item).

26,420 robot parts would be needed to craft all demos available for each craftable, however, DO NOT max out your demos if you're interested in crafting Homer's Dream Home. Unless you can clear five 4-hour cycles each day of the event you will not have enough Robot Parts for every demo copy of every craftable. Craft enough of the items you want to unlock crafting levels and use up Robot Parts on duplicates over and above this amount after you've got everything you're interested in owning.

Now for the Maths
    19,700/34 days = 580 parts needed per day.

3 Visits per Day:
    Three 4-hour cycles would need to provide 194 robot parts per cycle (580/3), which means three 4-hour cycles per day is not enough for this event. If it's the best you can do though, log on as far after the third cycle as you can to clear robots spawned in your town. They spawn quickly (one every three minutes or 20/hour) so it might be possible with an extra visit off-cycle to tap robots and the few from anomalies/daily challenges to get there. It'll be tight though if you make it at all. In case this is the method you need to use, here is the accompanying maths:

Each Four-Hour Cycle
    -Robots in Town- 80
    -SciFighter- 20 base + 20 seconds + 52 robots killed = 92 (Maximum)
    -This leaves us short 22 Robot Parts per cycle.

Three Four-Hour Cycles
    -Robots in Town- 80 x 3 = 240
    -SciFighter- 92 x 3 = 276
    -This would leave us short 66 Robot Parts per day, or 2,244 over the whole event

4 Visits per Day
    Four 4-hour cycles would need to provide 145 robot parts per cycle (580/4).

Each Four-Hour Cycle
    -Robot Parts in Town- 80
    -SciFighter- 20 base + 20 seconds + 25 robots killed = 65 (Minimum)
    -Using the SciFighter Formula, you may be able to get past with a loss, assuming you survive 15 seconds and kill 30 robots (this is just a suggestion, get creative, folks!)

Four Four-Hour Cycles
    -Robot Parts in Town- 80 x 4 = 320
    -SciFighter- 65 x 4 = 260
    -If you're really good at the SciFighter game and average 40 robots killed you could get +2040 Robot Parts, which is 8200 parts for duplicate crafting. But still - don't craft all available demos or you'll be short for the level 16/17/18 items even though you'll have unlocked them.

Conclusion
    So, three cycles per day is not enough and four cycles per day is more than enough. Four cycles is so much more than enough that you could miss 12 of those cycles and still get enough Robot Parts for Homer's Dream Home, provided you killed an average of 40 robots per SciFighter game. If you’re not that good a the SciFighter game and instead average a respectable 35 robots per game, you could miss 9 cycles and still make it. So aim for four cycles and if you miss a few but succeed at the SciFighter game (or even better, score a daily challenge), you'll be fine.

The most efficient route to success is to play the SciFighter game four times per day to collect enough robot parts for crafting. Hold off on crafting duplicates unless you need to in order to advance to the next crafting level.

A collaborative effort between Aidx and Becker, and edited by AO.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Thank god this is back, I was afraid I was going to have to read all the threads trying to find out info!

Edit: Crap, just realized you hadn't said if we were allowed post yet, sorry if I'm to early :oops:

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Thank god this is back, I was afraid I was going to have to read all the threads trying to find out info!

Edit: Crap, just realized you hadn't said if we were allowed post yet, sorry if I'm to early :oops:

No, that's fine!! Once I've got the first three posts, I'm good!!!
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yay, I was looking for this thread :)

I just tapped 86 robots in my town this morning - about 8 hours since the last visit. I assume I hit the max (8 hours is usually longer than that takes) at 80 or 85 and the others popped up in the time it took me to find them all. Or else they continue accumulating and we've more than 8 hours in a cycle?

When looking to clear the last few robots from your town it is possible to jump directly to them. This only works if you do not have the robot parts needed to level up your crafting directly. Press the button to spend robot parts to level up crafting (again, do not do this if you've enough robot parts to complete the level-up) and you'll be given the option to use doughnuts (left-most option - do not press this button) or to get the parts required yourself (right-most option). Press 'do it' (right button) and you'll scroll to a robot. Complete as needed, making sure every time that you cannot complete the level-up with the robot parts you have on-hand.

Also, regarding crafting strategy - each item crafted with robot parts contributes to levelling up the 3-D Printer and unlocking subsequent craftables. Each craftable has a max number available to craft with robot parts. Additional copies of craftables cost 'future bucks' and do not contribute to levelling up and unlocking more craftables. So, unless you have no interest in the craftables available and only want items from higher levels, do not spend your robot parts to level up directly.

And I got a side-quest with the supercollider that gave me a free black hole (Bart clogging the toilets), so don't bother spending 10 doughnuts on the black hole in the shop unless you want more than one.
  • DigitalBaggins
    104 posts
    edited August 2016
    the flash attack you get the first 5 free, then every 24 hrs you can get one from the power plant (free) or you can buy 5 in the store for 15 doughnuts.

i was required to use one during my first mini game today (was for a quest) it clear all attacking robots in one hit.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Crafting section: "Once demos are complete, purchase more with Future Bucks". To craft it says I need demos...

A question... What are Future Bucks? Is it the same as Dark Matter?
  • DigitalBaggins
    104 posts
    edited August 2016
    Crafting section: "Once demos are complete, purchase more with Future Bucks"

No its a 3rd currency you earn when tapping robots.

you will have Dark matter, Robot parts, Future Bucks
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited August 2016

No, Future Bucks are another type of event currency - the purple stacks of bills dropped when you squish robots.
  • someonewashere
    1763 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    FYI friends towns, every now and then you'll find a Frinkehedron (AKA Cube you ****) it awards 1 robot part and 5 yes 5 event currency, it counts as a tap so i suggest clearing cubes before clearing robots and since they appear randomly you may want to take your friends list for a spin.

The only other suggestion i have is to keep the Polyvac in an open space away from other buildings to prevent lag during the minigame.

FutureBucks:

So crafting requires robotparts right?
    Yes and no, the "demos" require robot parts,the crafting screen will tell you how many more demos you can craft, once your done crafting all the "demos" you can no longer craft them with robot parts. You can however "buy" them (craft them) with FutureBucks, the only difference between the two is that crafting demos increases the progress in your 3-D Printers level, a "bought" item does not.

Futurebucks are obtained in similar ways as Robot Parts (Tap robots in your town)
    SciFigh minigame
    (Need to test friends town)

Other:

Control building will start generating 1 flash (Every 24 Hrs?) after the dialogue with Homer is unlocked (about that time with the cameras and Itchy and Scratchy land)

Grimey does earn Event currency (double rate)
    Robo Mr burns through questline does seem to generate event currency (dont know if it will continue to after questline is done)

So you know when in Future parallel universe Rome.
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Just found that you can still get donuts while visiting neighbours. I thought they usually stopped the donuts from neighbour visits during events, but apparently not this time.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited August 2016

No, Future Bucks are another type of event currency - the purple stacks of bills dropped when you squish robots.

At what point do we start getting purple stacks of bills? I haven't seen any from squishing them. I've also started crafting.
  • DigitalBaggins
    104 posts
    edited August 2016

At what point do we start getting purple stacks of bills? I haven't seen any from squishing them. I've also started crafting.

If i remember correctly its right after frank grimes wants you send the homers to the black whole thing.
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Where Are My Robots?!

I had a spawn of 3 in my whole town after being out 8 hours overnight.
    I looked everywhere, went invisible on my buildings etc... tried the trick to find them with the Do It button- I had 3!!!!!
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

How slow is the spawn for these things?!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Where Are My Robots?!

I looked everywhere, went invisible on my buildings etc... tried the trick to find them with the Do It button- I had 3!!!!!

Did you play the mini-game right away? I think that eliminates all the robots from your town (but I think you get credit for squishing them - not verified though).
  • someonewashere
    1763 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Where Are My Robots?!

Did you play the mini-game right away? I think that eliminates all the robots from your town (but I think you get credit for squishing them - not verified though).

This.

I did get credit for them though.

Playing the minigame seems to send an EMP which destroys all? the robots in your town. However robots seem to respawn rather quickly
  • AfcwChris91
    176 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    At the moment I'm not really enthused by this event. Its not my cup of tea at all. It might be the first time where I'm really not that bothered about obtaining all the content, especially the craftables. I really dislike futuristic looking stuff and no doubt everything will be stored at the end as it has no place among all the regular buildings, even if it was a futuristic neighbourhood in my town

I appreciate all the new content and stuff we are getting but I wish some of it was more classic simpsons related. Still, you cant please everyone I guess. I look forward to the Halloween event!
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Good idea/bad idea. Maybe link this page (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9765499.page) about doughnut confirmation resting and how to fix it for all these Event Q&A's? It doesn't seem to be as persistent as it use to be, but I did see one person have a problem. I think if we can stop one person, each event, from wasting doughnuts, it would be worth the time.

Edit: It would also same me time and space on the main page from me bumping it :mrgreen:
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Where Are My Robots?!

Yes, it did this for me too. I cleared the few near the landing spot and all other disappeared right after playing the mini game.

This tips needs to be in BOLD - clear town first before playing mini-game.
  • stephtog
    491 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Just did my first neighbour run and:

It didn't crash!
    I tapped around 90 robots/cube things before it stopped paying out event currency
    If there's a cube it takes you straight to it - no hunting!!

And finally....

IT DIDN'T CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I might like this event....
  • icacic0901
    272 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Does anyone know when will the Home of tomorrow & more bundle be available?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!