EA Forums - Banner

Crafting vs just leveling up

gozerfreak wrote:
Of the items we can craft for this event, I am very interested in a few of those that requires my scanner to be at a higher level, but not so interested in the low level craftables.

So, here's my question:

To get the most out of my robot parts, should I:

1) Craft everything as long as is still counts towards upgrading the level.

2) Focus on simply upgrading, until I unlock the items I actually do want, or...

3) Will I have used the same amount of robot parts in the end no matter which one of the two strategies I use.

Option 1. You can always store the craftables you’re not interested in.

Replies

• 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    gozerfreak wrote:
    Of the items we can craft for this event, I am very interested in a few of those that requires my printer to be at a higher level, but not so interested in the low level craftables.

So, here's my question:

To get the most out of my robot parts, should I:

1) Craft everything as long as is still counts towards upgrading the level.

2) Focus on simply upgrading, until I unlock the items I actually do want, or...

3) Will I have used the same amount of robot parts in the end no matter which one of the two strategies I use.

It is entirely up to you, but your #3 is correct. If you really have no interest in any of the lower level craftables, feel free to apply your robot parts directly to level upgrades. Or you could craft and leave items in inventory in case you want to use them later. Your call.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    You don't get anything from using your robot parts directly, so crafting all the demos is the better option.
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I asked a similar question recently, option 1. Spend your arms on items while they count towards your leveling up total. You might as well get something for spending the currency while you level up.
  • Brooklynight
    210 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    empathy77 wrote:
    I asked a similar question recently, option 1. Spend your arms on items while they count towards your leveling up total. You might as well get something for spending the currency while you level up.

Plus occasionally crafted items will later have multipliers added to them so might as well grab an array of everything and store them just in case.
  • bluntcard
    3821 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    empathy77 wrote:

Plus occasionally crafted items will later have multipliers added to them so might as well grab an array of everything and store them just in case.

That's a very good point.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Allright, thanks for the feedback! Do stored items count towards the limit of stuff you can have in your town?
  • wadebear
    3943 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    gozerfreak wrote:
    Allright, thanks for the feedback! Do stored items count towards the limit of stuff you can have in your town?
    No.
  • gamersometimes
    222 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    bluntcard wrote:
    empathy77 wrote:

It is a good point...do any of them have a multiplier right now??
    which ones have currency/xp payout ? I know the big worlds fair looking dome does. is there a good list for that?
  • thump2
    50 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Hate to sound like such a newb but by crafting the prizes, is that we need to eventually craft the robot? I hate crafting stuff that can't be used. It takes too long to get the stuff I need and I'm not sure why everyone is advancing so much faster than me. Any advice is much appreciated/ thanks
  • Muhsterino
    4498 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    bluntcard wrote:
    empathy77 wrote:

It is a good point...do any of them have a multiplier right now??
    which ones have currency/xp payout ? I know the big worlds fair looking dome does. is there a good list for that?

For buildings that have currency/XP payout and if you don't mind spoilers, you can search on LPN's simpsonswiki Sci-fi page under the buildings section. Any items that are just decorations are shown just below that section on the site.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino
    4498 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    thump2 wrote:
    Hate to sound like such a newb but by crafting the prizes, is that we need to eventually craft the robot? I hate crafting stuff that can't be used. It takes too long to get the stuff I need and I'm not sure why everyone is advancing so much faster than me. Any advice is much appreciated/ thanks

You can view all items that can be crafted in this event by using the yellow arrows on the crafting menu. The last craftable item that can be placed in a town is Homer's Dream House.
  • Muhsterino
    4498 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    To OP, it would be a waste just to focus on upgrading the printer, you might as well craft something even if you just store it afterwards. I am crafting only the things I like and skipping ones I am not so keen on. So far on my second town I have crafted:
    14 tulips
    0 street lamps
    3 Venus signs
    0 street signs
    2 Dome-icile(Pays out $ and XP)
    1 hover bench
    1170/1500 towards the atomic hula hoop

Also bear in mind that you may get a daily task that requires you to craft an item with future bucks, so you will have needed to have crafted all the demos for one item to do this, another reason not to waste resources!
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited August 2016
    As has been mentioned, you might as well craft something since you will be using up the robot parts either way.
    Someof the items I arent too keen on getting, but decided I wanted at least one of everything...just to complete the collection and for possible XP in the future.
    I've got a lot fo the tulips, because I wanted something to use for the future bucks and because I like them, they are nice and colourful and I can use anywhere in SF not just the future area.
  • ramrod130
    510 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Wow, do I feel like an idiot.. I didn't realize that crafting the items count towards leveling up.. I've been waisting my robot parts upgrading my printer :oops:
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    ramrod130 wrote:
    Wow, do I feel like an idiot.. I didn't realize that crafting the items count towards leveling up.. I've been waisting my robot parts upgrading my printer :oops:

I hate when I do things like that :)

I seem to be the only one but I love the street lights and signs (very Deco) and find the tulips annoyingly Martha Stewart lol. Right now though I'm collecting for that holo hoop deal to level 3D printer. Then I'll be pushing my faves to the future bucks level and roll stuff out and finish upgrading.

Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • meredythl
    317 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    ramrod130 wrote:

I have (ugh) for the third time accidentally wasted my robot parts. Shoot me now! 4101823-xs.jpg

...think I've learned to look before leaping
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

• ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    OMG when you've built up 1000 or so robot parts on your way to earning the 1500 needed for the atomic building.... that's when it's mega important to NOT press the Find Robots green button!!!!!!!! I wrote myself an overnight reminder note and wrapped it around the phone physically so I'd have to see it in the morning and be reminded.
  • meredythl
    317 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Good idea! I was over a 1000 and closing in on the hula thingy. :lol:
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

• ZennGlenn
    1723 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    8) All appreciated decent / useful points for an awesome event...

On a **** sidenote, essentially a somewhat trivial thing that just plain irks me :hunf:
    There is no such thing as a '3D Printer'... the correct terminolgy for such a device is a REPLICATOR, which exactly what it is, essentially directly from Star Trek... 'printing' is strictly a term for describing work involving pen & paper...

&, while I'm at it: essentially also derivative further incorrect use of terminology, which has only led to many of the foolish troubles in our world, is when we use the word 'race'... there is only 1 & it's the Human Race... the correct way to address different human appearances is by ethnicity & gender.
    So, just my little 'Sunday Andy Rooney' mini rant...
    toodles; will go change my :roll: Olympic Viewing /Tapped Out diaper :roll:

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!