EA Forums - Banner

Follow Neighbors

Prev1
If they've made an effort to make their SF look good then I like seeing them grow. If they've just dumped stuff down I just get in and out as fast as possible

Replies

• NicholasD1984
    2623 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Nobody.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    If they've made an effort to make their SF look good then I like seeing them grow. If they've just dumped stuff down I just get in and out as fast as possible

And replace them as quick as possible. Why anyone would spend money on this only .to dump their stuff in a pile is beyond me. To each his own I guess.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    sonim_dog.jpg
  • devilhunt1449
    3546 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm certainly not the best designer out there, in fact I'm not even close to the top in all honesty but I don't really follow anyone to be truthful.
  • AAArnie
    65 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    My town is a mess. I have never recovered after a nuke. I have grand plans but the non stop events leave me little time for redesign. I have grand ideas just no time to execute.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Nobody.

^ this
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Not sure how I managed to post twice, but yeah my drivel is below
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    ]

And replace them as quick as possible. Why anyone would spend money on this only .to dump their stuff in a pile is beyond me. To each his own I guess.

I guess when you first start playing the game it's all about constantly rearranging your town as you grow. I remember when my town was new, it was redesigned with pretty much every new building. Then it gets to a size where that's not practical (although now you can block move designs it's much much easier) so certain elements just stay the same for ages. I suppose at this point some people give up caring and the Pavlovian instinct to just tap tap tap for rewards just takes over. But no, I really don't understand how people keep carrying on at this point. What do you get out of it? How do you care about getting the next building if you aren't going to do anything with it? And why on earth some of these people appear to sink large amounts of real cash in to get premiums is beyond me still. But yeah each to their own.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited August 2016

I guess when you first start playing the game it's all about constantly rearranging your town as you grow. I remember when my town was new, it was redesigned with pretty much every new building. Then it gets to a size where that's not practical (although now you can block move designs it's much much easier) so certain elements just stay the same for ages. I suppose at this point some people give up caring and the Pavlovian instinct to just tap tap tap for rewards just takes over. But no, I really don't understand how people keep carrying on at this point. What do you get out of it? How do you care about getting the next building if you aren't going to do anything with it? And why on earth some of ghese people appear to sink large amounts of real cash in to get premiums is beyond me still. But yeah each to their own.

Most of my town is designed/set up, but there are parts that are a mess. It doesn't mean that I have given up or don't care about my town, tho. For me, it sometimes takes a while before I design an area/feel the inspiration to set up an area/find buildings that I feel go together well. Also, sometimes I find that I can't do anything substantial due to land constraints (yes, they have been giving us more land lately - which is fantastic - but it fills up quickly and over the years I have collected so much content that making it all fit in a way that I'm happy with can be a challenge. So I take my time).

Sometimes I pick things up along the way and pile them in a corner because I think that they will have potential later on, but I have no ideas what to do with them at that moment. And I keep them out because of the multiplier.

There are mamy different things that different people can like about the game - for some it's not all about the design aspect, but having the satisfaction of collecting everything. And for some it's about the events, dialogue etc.

The most important thing is to enjoy the game, whichever way you decide to play it.

• janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I check my neighbors' towns often for inspiration and ideas. It's my favorite part of the game. I have too many creative neighbors to try to name them all, but since this is your thread, I'll say to you, brickevand, that your town is one of my favorites.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    suetopia wrote:

Most of my town is designed/set up, but there are parts that are a mess. It doesn't mean that I have given up or don't care about my town, tho. For me, it sometimes takes a while before I design an area/feel the inspiration to set up an area/find buildings that I feel go together well. Also, sometimes I find that I can't do anything substantial due to land constraints (yes, they have been giving us more land lately - which is fantastic - but it fills up quickly and over the years I have collected so much content that making it all fit in a way that I'm happy with can be a challenge. So I take my time).

Not really what I meant. I'm talking about towns that have absolutely no structure, every building just dumped right next to each other and unchanged for ever. My own town has fairly messy areas, where things are really just dumped down. But they have roads, hedges etc. My town is far from a design eutopia but it does at least look like a town.
    The most important thing is to enjoy the game, whichever way you decide to play it.
    Indeed everyone is different. Just wondering out loud. (Well wondering via text, I'm not a crazy person talking to myself......honest)
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    suetopia wrote:

Sometimes I pick things up along the way and pile them in a corner because I think that they will have potential later on, but I have no ideas what to do with them at that moment. And I keep them out because of the multiplier.

There are mamy different things that different people can like about the game - for some it's not all about the design aspect, but having the satisfaction of collecting everything. And for some it's about the events, dialogue etc.

I hear you and youre right. Ive got my own dumping ground its called Springfield heights.

It wasnt my intention to offend anyone and if I did Im sorry. I wasnt putting anyones town down, more wondering about the thought process that is behind it, which you open my eyes up to. I always say no matter what you do or buy, the primary motive should be to have fun.

But on the other hand I'm not keeping a town on my friend list if they dont play, or I have to spend 15 minutes searching through a jumbled mess to find 3 little robots. Too much time for not enough reward. And with a full friend list it can be a considerable amount of time

I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Wauw

Did not expect I m almost the only curieus person to see what you guys do with new stuff or aranging old area's to fitt in New stuff ?

@Janis

Thx, your to nice :P

@Elian

Forgot you to my dear neighbor, very nice town a check on regular basis. Sorry I forgot you. :cry:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    There are several towns in my neighbourhood that have some really great designs, but off the top of my head:

Barry, Pinpal, Sandwedge and you (Brickevand)- always seem to come up with some pretty interesting stuff! (I know I'm forgetting people - apologies to those I did not mention that have put a lot of effort into designing)

:wink:

• derekpasteur
    303 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Noy as much for the designs, but when I'm in doubt whether to buy an item, I go to the town of Brett Olmsted. He has EVERYTHING. Today I visited his Springfield for the Giant Robot. I think it's too big to incorporate it in anything in my SF, so I pased. If I want to look at it, I can see it at Brett's :D
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have all stuff to **** I check always LP's town to have a idea how things look.

@Sue
    Thx girl, your great.
    To all other neighbors, your all awesome **** I can't check or name you all :cry:

Just wanna know with this poll if there other crazy people like me. :P
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Noy as much for the designs, but when I'm in doubt whether to buy an item, I go to the town of Brett Olmsted. He has EVERYTHING. Today I visited his Springfield for the Giant Robot. I think it's too big to incorporate it in anything in my SF, so I pased. If I want to look at it, I can see it at Brett's :D
    He's not a neighboureno of mine, but yeah great town. I very much enjoyed his monorail youtube video.
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I love checking out others towns. Shake my head at the horders, but crawl inch by inch of the cool ones. As I have said on other threads, I will shamelessly steal good ideas and in corporate them into my town. But every time I do that it seems to change a lot 1. Cuz I have different items and 2. I don't leave anything well enough alone.

Oh and I get bored quickly :)

I might be spending a little too much time in town? Nah, I'm good
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • swinca
    5 posts
    edited August 2016
    I don't follow any in particular but I like checking out my neighbors towns for new ideas and just to see what others are doing. I have a few neighbors who I can count on to get everything.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I used to have my town designed very neatly. It was probably about a year ago when I cleared my town for a big redesign. To keep playing while I planned things out, I set the most-used buildings along a strip of road. Then I arranged all the other buildings by timer in "bubbles" just the size of a fully upgraded IRS blast.

... it's been so convenient that I never changed it. Looks a bit like crap, I guess, but with the non-stop events, it's probably going to stay that way for a long, long time.

As far as neighbors go, I used to be pretty diligent about that, too, until something changed (I forget exactly when) that resulted in each town taking over a minute to load. Neighbor visits became a real chore, with minimal payoff, so I just gave up. I kind of miss checking out the neat designs (and brickevand is one of them), but I hate long loading times.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!