EA Forums - Banner

Only at 12,000 am I missing something?

2Next

Replies

• bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited August 2016
    wildcat2k wrote:
    Well maybe Im in the minority but I think they just ask too much for prizes in general with these big events. I too only play twice a day.

Im glad they didn't pull that bologna of making event currency every other "prize" this time. What a cheap cop out that was in the more recent ones.

The crafting system in this event is kind of stupid. Using robot parts to both unlock AND craft each individual thing. Don't bother having anything locked then. Just make the prices whatever it ends up being once youve opened and crafted it. Same difference.

I don't think EA is asking too much this event, but I had two days with minimal play and I've been scrambling ever since. Still not sure I will make the last prize.

This event is tough I think because it's premium or nothing, even for long term players. Last Superheroes II event I had a bunch given free in Superheroes I to use etc.

I agree with you. I do not own Frank Grimes and have not purchased the Future Maggie and Stadium. I am behind and doubt I will make it to Skinner. I think those premium add ons make quite a difference.

I was wondering, if anyone has just tried to tap anomalies only while visiting friends? I just settle for when they happen to pop up, but I thought I could possibly keep cycling through friends and tap the anomaly only?
  • pizzapizza315
    9 posts
    edited August 2016
    I feel this event is harder then others. I log in 3-4 times a day and am still behind. I haven't been able to visit neighbors every day but that's happened with previous events and I was fine. I don't have Frank Grimes or Future Maggie but am now hesitant to buy them because I might need donuts to get final prize.
  • aRyderMike319
    14 posts New member
    edited August 2016
    I'm behind too by about 1400. I have yet to get a single challenge with dark matter as a reward from the Daily Challenge and that's with switching out every task. If I got at least one, I might've hada shot at Skinner, but now it's appearing unlikely
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm behind too by about 1400. I have yet to get a single challenge with dark matter as a reward from the Daily Challenge and that's with switching out every task. If I got at least one, I might've hada shot at Skinner, but now it's appearing unlikely

That's a shame. If I hadn't have gotten my 5500 dark matter from challenges, I'd be nowhere near Skinner!
  • defectdefect
    304 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm behind too. I always finish 3-5 days before the end of an event (I've been playing for almost 4 years now) and I'm so far behind now. I have 18,009 and the event ends in 2 days and 12 hours and I still need 6,000 dark matter. Even when I've tried clearing my daily tasks in the hope of getting dark matter as a reward I always get cash or crappy items for SF heights. It just doesn't work for me. I'm genuinely bummed I won't get the last prize :( First time it's ever happened.
    But we already did it. It took seven hours, but we did it. It's done.
  • AfcwChris91
    176 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have only *just* managed to catch up as a freemium player and I've been tapping 4 times a day except one day where I only managed to tap twice. I'm now on 20,000 dark matter but I've had to resort to tapping in the middle of the night if I wake up in order to catch up. Also I've only had one daily challenge to earn dark matter, usually in an event I'll get a few daily challenges per act that rewards event currency.

I've been playing for 4 years now and this is the closest I've ever been to not getting the final prize, usually I obtain all the prizes with a couple of days to spare. It definitely seems that this event is tougher than any one before as usually they will allow a bit of leeway for missing a few rounds of tapping but you are still able to catch up/earn all the prizes, however it doesn't seem that way this time.

• maggiesmob
    226 posts
    edited August 2016
    About half of my neighbours are nowhere near getting Skinner. I'm not sure that I would be either if I wasn't still on holiday with flu and crappy weather. I've been lucky with changing the Daily Challenges and got my first set of bonuts.
    Previous events I've always managed to get all the prizes if I signed in three times a day or even missed a day or two.
    bradyc79 wrote:

I was wondering, if anyone has just tried to tap anomalies only while visiting friends? I just settle for when they happen to pop up, but I thought I could possibly keep cycling through friends and tap the anomaly only?

If you have a lot of time on your hands you can always try it out. I did that in the beginning of the event, but I'm not a hundred percent sure if we really get more than 5 cubes per day. Now I go into a town and tap just one robot/anomaly then move on and usually I'll get the five going through my almost one hundred neighbours. The Anomalies are pretty random, sometimes I've caught two in the same town.
    On the whole I'm not sure it's worth the bother. 5 Anomalies are only 15 more Dark Matter than you would get normally, plus 5 Robot Parts. So unless it's a really close call getting Sgt. Skinner... :?
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm not sure why people are struggling with this event. I just got Skinner and that is with working and not being able to constantly log in and tap. Most my game time has been in the evening. It's weird to read people are finding it hard to get the dark matter. This is one event i haven't used donuts to buy or hurry the event.
  • Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    most of my neighbors seem to be struggling with the event so far because only one of my neighbors has Sgt Skinner
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • defectdefect
    304 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    JKoBenzed wrote:
    I'm not sure why people are struggling with this event. I just got Skinner and that is with working and not being able to constantly log in and tap. Most my game time has been in the evening. It's weird to read people are finding it hard to get the dark matter. This is one event i haven't used donuts to buy or hurry the event.

You're in the minority though. For people with jobs playing 4 times a day (16 hours) is just not doable.
    But we already did it. It took seven hours, but we did it. It's done.
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    JKoBenzed wrote:

You're in the minority though. For people with jobs playing 4 times a day (16 hours) is just not doable.

Yes I work too. I'm saying it is doable. I just follow the calendar do the black hole quests and the mini game and visit friends towns. I'm up at 7 to go to work and home by 5 some days 6. So i only get to play when i get home. I've made sure on weekends to be one as often as i can to get the most out of the event.
  • aRyderMike319
    14 posts New member
    edited August 2016
    JKoBenzed wrote:
    JKoBenzed wrote:

Yes I work too. I'm saying it is doable. I just follow the calendar do the black hole quests and the mini game and visit friends towns. I'm up at 7 to go to work and home by 5 some days 6. So i only get to play when i get home. I've made sure on weekends to be one as often as i can to get the most out of the event.

Have you gotten multiple Daily Challenges with an 1100 dark matter reward? I just got my first 1100 reward today, bringing me to 21,000. If I had gotten a couple of those I'd be done already, now it'll be a close call for Skinner unless I get lucky tomorrow with another one
  • nc1873
    58 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Been a grind for me too.

Should hopefully get Skinner for this evening.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    A couple of days ago I was about 3000 behind, but I got one daily challenge, and have been using my phone alarm to jump into my game every 4 hours (I work roughly 12 hours a day most days) i have been able to get 5 cycles of polyvac/homers per day. I also just purchased the Elysium project and am happy to report that I am just a tiny bit ahead of the calendar. I should get Sgt. Skinner tomorrow... Just letting folks know that real diligence can be fruitful.
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    JKoBenzed wrote:
    JKoBenzed wrote:

Have you gotten multiple Daily Challenges with an 1100 dark matter reward? I just got my first 1100 reward today, bringing me to 21,000. If I had gotten a couple of those I'd be done already, now it'll be a close call for Skinner unless I get lucky tomorrow with another one

I've had one. and a couple future bucks challenges.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    JKoBenzed wrote:
    JKoBenzed wrote:
    JKoBenzed wrote:

I've had one. and a couple future bucks challenges.

I only got one matter challenge in my freemium town and I got him today. I dont have Grimes or Rockstar Maggie either. I work full time and play 3 or 4 times a day.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • xSiLeNcE420x
    31 posts
    edited August 2016
    Only 500ish matter to go and I'll have him. I really feel for the people on my list who made it to 18-20k and will be unable to get the final prize without the use of donuts.. that sucks.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!