For those of you...

Prev13
One should not refer to oneself as one.

Replies

• buddah2991
    66 posts Member
    edited August 2016

Ah, God you're funny. Please, whatever you do, don't be helpful.
  • barryriddl474
    4832 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    buddah2991 wrote:

Buy all you can and activate before you buy anything.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    About to rock?
  • buddah2991
    66 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    buddah2991 wrote:

Thank you.
  • buddah2991
    66 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    buddah2991 wrote:
    buddah2991 wrote:

Thank you.

We salute you.
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I would modify Barry's advice somewhat - buy all you can and activate the XP Collider after you buy but before you collect on the build payout for your first batch. How many is up to you, but even at the highest cost KEMs have the best XP return in the game. If you want to keep your cash level you can calculate an optimum number, otherwise it's however much you have space for.
  • anaquarind
    1494 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I guess it depends on your game cash situation. If you have, say dozens of millions burning a hole in your pocket, just buy as many as you can. If you have a bit of a cash flow situation and you can maximize your return by buying batches of KEM of about 24 (or whatever the number is before it hits that price cap). Of course this all assumes you're doing the KEM thing for the long term. If you're just buying it for 24 hours, then just build as many as you can in the time you have.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • 4junk3000
    5954 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I've tried ignoring this farming thing but too many people are talking about it so now I'm interested.

So it's:

1. Buy 50 KEMs.
    2. Buy collider with donuts, activating for 24 hrs.
    3. Wait for KEMs to build.
    4. It magically rains unlimited donuts?

That last part is where I'm getting confused...

All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    It really depends on individual circumstances, such as how much cash you currently have, how much cash and XP you make in one day, if you are just doing a one day KEM run or looking to use it 24/7. Another factor is your current level and if you are going to build some KEM's to gain some levels if you haven't reached 939 yet.
    You may like to read the thread about KEM's (and KB's) that has a link in my signature below, which has a lot of useful information.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Runeabj
    20 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Keep track of your cash, and note the number.
    If you only collect ie. 500000 a day don't build 50 KEMs but limit the number so that
    You ballance the cash number before and after building and selling.

As others say, if you go for only 24hrs run, then dont limit the numbers of KEMs, but fill your SF up and spend all you can spare.

In for the long run then keep track of your cash.
    Ie. First run.
    1. Note your cash and buy the KEMs Ie. 30.
    2. Wait 3hrs 58 min.
    3. Activate collider.
    4. Wait for KEMs to finish, then tap like you get paid for it, also collecting all other cash in town.
    5. Collect all the good XP and about 3-5 donuts at level up's.
    6. Sell all 30 KEMs. Just remember to keep your original KEM. (Keep it at an other location than build. Area)
    7. Note your cash, if it is lower than before, you build too many KEMs.
    8. Build new KEMs again. And do the thing again from nr. 4.

• BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I've tried ignoring this farming thing but too many people are talking about it so now I'm interested.

So it's:

1. Buy 50 KEMs.

Surely you just be joking....have you not seen all the threads about donut and KEM farming? You've been here since I started playing this game.

To answer your question, it does not rain unlimited donuts. If you are at level 939, when you clear your XP bar, you will get the bonuts game, where you pick boxes for up to 3 donuts. You will need to turn on your XP collider, and calculate your effective XP multiplier. To calculate your effective multiplier, take your conform o meter reading, and add your hidden SH buildings multiplier. You get 2000 base XP for each KEM store you build. If you conform o meter reading is at 847%, and you have the maximum 153% from the SH buildings, your effective multiplier is 1000%. Multiply that by 5 if you have the XP collider turned on, for total of 5000%. 2000 XP * 5000% = 100,000 XP. At level 939, you need 1 million XP to clear your XP bar, so you will need to build 10 KEM stores to get 1 round of the bonuts game.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm new to KEM farming, but over the past week I have successfully gone from 125 donuts to 200.

I have a low cash income, so I don't like to spend too much on KEMs because I still need to buy buildings and land expansions, so I buy 24 KEMs at a time.

For the most profit, turn your XP collider on for 10 days using 25 donuts and farm the KEMs consistently for the 10 days. Then repeat!

When I started KEM farming I was level 105, I'm now level 274 but I did abuse the KEM glitch a lot :lol:
  • barryriddl474
    4832 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    00becker wrote:
    I would modify Barry's advice somewhat - buy all you can and activate the XP Collider after you buy but before you collect on the build payout for your first batch. How many is up to you, but even at the highest cost KEMs have the best XP return in the game. If you want to keep your cash level you can calculate an optimum number, otherwise it's however much you have space for.

I believe this is more accurate. Thank you.
  • PeterJamesFoote5
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm not sure what my multiplyer is but I get $63 for quintuple tapping the orange Leprechaun.

(600-700%?)

How would that impact the economics of farming the KEM. Right now I'm doing about as much as I can replace in cash every day with my structures (house production).

I run the collider 24/7 unless I anticipate days in which I'm not playing at all.

Thanks for the help.

By the way. I'm crashing a lot as I visit other Springfields. But it seems that when I visit a string of smaller Springfields I last longer.

Any ideas about what gives?

I'm wondering whether my intensely developed Krustyville designed in ma maze like fashion so the yokels have to spend so long getting to the rides that they spend, spend, spend, could be causing this?

L 939play 2-3x a day. Want friends With good buildings to friends ratio.
  • 4junk3000
    5954 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:

So it's:

1. Buy 50 KEMs.

Surely you just be joking....have you not seen all the threads about donut and KEM farming? You've been here since I started playing this game.

To answer your question, it does not rain unlimited donuts. If you are at level 939, when you clear your XP bar, you will get the bonuts game, where you pick boxes for up to 3 donuts. You will need to turn on your XP collider, and calculate your effective XP multiplier. To calculate your effective multiplier, take your conform o meter reading, and add your hidden SH buildings multiplier. You get 2000 base XP for each KEM store you build. If you conform o meter reading is at 847%, and you have the maximum 153% from the SH buildings, your effective multiplier is 1000%. Multiply that by 5 if you have the XP collider turned on, for total of 5000%. 2000 XP * 5000% = 100,000 XP. At level 939, you need 1 million XP to clear your XP bar, so you will need to build 10 KEM stores to get 1 round of the bonuts game.
    Yes, surely i was joking.

And I've seen plenty of threads discussing it. They all turn into gobbledygook like your post. Right up there, you say, "if you're at level 939..." Well I'm not. So that is where the confusion begins. Then you say, "to calculate..." Calculate?? Maths??? Yeah, bye. That's the point where my brain says screw this, I'm going back to bed.

Not once have i seen a thread that simply explains, step 1, do this, step 2, do that. No IF statements at all.

I'm sorry i can't concentrate on IF THEN ELSE statements, that's why my favorite game has one action: TAP. So far no one has explained it simple enough for dumb ol' me. So i get frustrated and ignore it, and that's how I've gotten by so far.

Don't worry about it, thanks for trying i guess. :(
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • 4tee3
    141 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:

So it's:

1. Buy 50 KEMs.

Yes, surely i was joking.

And I've seen plenty of threads discussing it. They all turn into gobbledygook like your post. Right up there, you say, "if you're at level 939..." Well I'm not. So that is where the confusion begins. Then you say, "to calculate..." Calculate?? Maths??? Yeah, bye. That's the point where my brain says screw this, I'm going back to bed.

Not once have i seen a thread that simply explains, step 1, do this, step 2, do that. No IF statements at all.

I'm sorry i can't concentrate on IF THEN ELSE statements, that's why my favorite game has one action: TAP. So far no one has explained it simple enough for dumb ol' me. So i get frustrated and ignore it, and that's how I've gotten by so far.

Don't worry about it, thanks for trying i guess. :(

Farming KEM is a way of turning $ into donuts. How effective this is depends on several factors and this is probably why no ones explanation is completely idiot proof but I'll give it a try.
    If you don't want to do any serious maths and you're not sure of whether you want to spend donuts on the collider try it without and see how effective it is then decide if you want to spend the donuts.
    Step 1 decide on how many KEMs to farm:
    I can see 3 things that will determine this. i) Cash available and income, not an issue for me but if this might be an issue for you either calculate the amount you can afford or try it out with a small number to start with and scale up as and when you can afford, ii) Space available, this is my issue and I've just reorganised my town to allow me to farm 254 at a time, iii) time available, when you are farming KEMs on a large scale it does take a while to buy them all then click on them once built and clear them again.
    Step 2 buy and place the KEMs:
    easy enough this step can be a little boring if you go for lots of them.
    Step 3 wait four hours:
    Enough time to try out something other than tapping, now if only I could think of something...
    Step 4 Click on all those lovely ticks and collect the XP:
    The effectiveness of this depends upon several factors obviously the XP collider makes everything 5 times as effective. Your own %age bonus makes a difference plus any hidden bonus from heights and finally your level. Up to level 60 you are going through the levels at a steadily decreasing rate, this is where the tactic is least useful, level 60-100 you get a bonus as although you'll only get 1 bonut per level the levels only require 40,000 XP each which is not a lot, level 100-938 you get 1 bonut per level this sounds like where you are right now, level 939 and above you get 1-3 bonuts a level which is what most people assume and if you do this anything like seriously it wont take long to get to this stage.
    Step 5 sell all the KEMs you built in the first place:
    ready for...
    Step 6 lather rinse and repeat for silky soft hair, oh and some lovely extra bonuts.

If you don't want to commit donuts to the collider before assessing the reward get to a stage where you have just completed a level up, try one round of farming and see how far you manage to get towards the next level. Anything above half way means it's worth turning on the collider if you intend to do this once a day.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    ....and make sure you save enough cash to open the donut boxes. If you're unlucky it will cost 100k each time :wink:

Edit: corrected amount
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    ....and make sure you save enough cash to open the donut boxes. If you're unlucky it will cost 150k each time :wink:

You mean 50k, 150k is for event and Maggie's game bonus boxes.
  • HappyGamer73
    2406 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    aidx1054 wrote:
    ....and make sure you save enough cash to open the donut boxes. If you're unlucky it will cost 150k each time :wink:

You mean 50k, 150k is for event and Maggie's game bonus boxes.

I suppose unlucky would be 100k - 2X50k(3rd guess). 50k would be average(2nd guess), 0 would be lucky (first guess)
  • Khorah
    193 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Anyone know what a "good" % might be for this to really be worthwhile?
    I am sitting at ~200% (plus the SH hidden stuff, so.. I suppose ~350%)..
    Is that good? Is that bad?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.