EA Forums - Banner

The New Event Style

Echo0006 wrote:
Well, events have clearly changed since the first THOH event back in 2012. Mainly this year, crafting has been introduced in different styles and formats, as well as the 3 act system for each major event. Plus, the two-week mini-events are usually a walk in the park and easy to complete.

So, what are your thoughts on the way EA has developed the game from no level updates to constant back-to-back events with acts, crafting and a lot of things to spend donuts on? Love it? Hate it? Wish we got a break? Want a new format? Hate crafting? What do you think? :D

I have hated crafting since the second event they used it in. It gets better and worse, usually better, but overall, I still don't like it. The best thing they did (and should have kept it this way) was at the end of the Wild West event, putting the "craftable" items in the store so they could be bought like anything else, only with event currency. Pity that didn't last long.

I didn't mind the phased structure of events when they introduced it during Halloween, and I rather liked how they used it during Christmas (with the phases having completely different gameplay, like they were two separate events). After that... it makes events drag on far too long, and makes things difficult if we have to go without playing for more than a day or two. You can't rush ahead early on or catch up like you used to be able to, so if you're gone for a bit, and the phase changes, you're just out of luck.

Non-stop events and no more levels are disappointing, but they've also provided tons and tons of free donuts. I can't complain too much really. I just wouldn't mind more down-time. I guess the mini-events fill that void.

That said, although I'm complaining a lot about the game's direction, I'm still playing, so it's not that bad.

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Generally I'm very happy!! I really love the Mini-Events, they just serve as placeholders until the bigger events, which I really enjoy (and love doing my Q & A and Strategy Thread!! Cheap Plug!!!), however because I keep every Strategy Thread Archived in my bookmarks, and number them in the "Description" heading allowed in bookmarks, I can clearly see they might be coming a bit too often. I did my very first such thread for Tap Ball, in June 2015, right? The current Event, SciFi Event, is the 8th!! In just 14 months, that's a little crazy!! Maybe one every quarter would be more palatable, and replace the others in the year with Mini-Events. Maybe Christmas and Summer Events, plus Hallowe'en and Easter (? I dunno if that fits into my one every quarter idea, and I can't be bothered to check right now!) and Mini-Events for things like Thanksgiving and *. Patrick's Day?

Oh, and I too, very much despise Crafting. Can we not unlock these through Friend Points (a system I really like), and then some other method to get them in bulk in-game, like introduce a new permanent currency alongside SH??
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • 1SmallFoot
    82 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I like crafting. You never know when this staff will be needed and I enjoy when finally figure out nice use for limited time items I got years ago. Although it looks like most people hate crafting. It can be easily fixed by introducing donuts as craftable item.

The number of events seems to be OK, but they are too long. I get bored by the end of each event. 4 weeks would be better, may be 2+1+1 weeks or 3*10days instead of 3*2 weeks.
  • airjordanlives
    235 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yeah the nonstop events get a little too much to handle, but a few changes I've really liked such as the 4hr cycles for event currency stuff, much easier to handle than older events with 1hr tasks

Also one thing I love about this current event is all the questlines for the event and new characters pay out in event currency. I used to hate having to interrupt my event tasks to do questlines for cash. This is a really cool change that makes you feel like you aren't wasting that time
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yeah the nonstop events get a little too much to handle, but a few changes I've really liked such as the 4hr cycles for event currency stuff, much easier to handle than older events with 1hr tasks

Also one thing I love about this current event is all the questlines for the event and new characters pay out in event currency. I used to hate having to interrupt my event tasks to do questlines for cash. This is a really cool change that makes you feel like you aren't wasting that time

That's a really good point, the cash questline diversions were simply absurd. Characters you unlock during the event also now contribute as part of their introduction story, which makes so much sense, if they don't give you the currency, it always felt like the character didn't fit into the event.
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • spritals148
    1973 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Well I started playing sometime just before Tap ball, thought the compatition aspect of that event was lame and too easy (which is fine for winning of course) thought the superhero (2?) event we just had finished was a lot better in the way compatition went and loved that I could actually battle with friends and not just tapping things walking around.

As there is no leveling atm, I like the multiple events. Otherwise I would only be clocking in to build up bank for land and that gets boring really quickly. The mini events are ok for what they are. Again they're something interesting to do other then collecting cash. Not all of us can get lots of donut things (as much as I would like of course) so there are no new quest lines to play through.

I enjoy the crafting a lot, pick and choose what I want to build, and level to build more. Of course I get sad when I can't craft it all but that's part of the game, most things seem to come back eventually so there is usually another chance to get them another time and probably another way.

Obviously I have no prior experience to compare the current game play layout with but I have to say that sometimes it's too hard, sometimes too easy, but it's always been entertaining and I'll keep playing.
    ( I know items come back cuz I've gone to friends towns and been like, "whoa what the hell is that!?!" And then poof it shows up as a prize or buy now when a similar events starts :)

Totally agree with the 4 hr tasks and the multiple quest lines that pay in event currency.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I missed a good chunk of events so This style has only been there for me since the superhero 2 event. Saying that I hope they don't use crafting in every event because it does get boring.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016

Yeah, I definitely agree. And the best part about this event is the fact that no normal characters have to do 4 hour tasks like Homer or Marge or Moe etc like they usually do. This means I can do the monorail, Springfield Heights without losing progress with the normal event and I really like this! :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.