EA Forums - Banner

Freemium Player: Prof. Frink worth it?

Definitely - He was the next premium character I was going to buy anyway, so I snapped it up immediately. Two characters and a building for 125 donuts? What a bargain.

Replies

• RobotDevil69
    55 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Awesome. I'll be buying this bundle. Good job EA.... this is the first event in awhile where I'll be spending donuts on a few items!
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    If you don't get Professor Frink now, you may as well never get him.

2 PREMIUM characters and a premium building for 125 donuts?! Now THAT'S what you call a deal! :D
  • xSiLeNcE420x
    31 posts
    edited August 2016
    I only drop a couple bucks here and there for gold scratchers so im pretty much a freemium and I bought him ;)
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Robocopped.
    I've been playing for over 3 years and never got him. Thank you EA!
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Glayvin!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Definitely. You need 200 donuts, but it will be like you spent 25 fewer donuts and got an extra fully-tasked premium character.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The game's Barney character comes close to reaching his full potential as a goober. With Frink the game doesn't fully take advantage of how awesome he is on the show. But it's the time to get him, so you must. You're obligated. Yes. I want you to feel a sense of duty about this.
  • baksinengl89
    934 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Most definitely, I got him way back in February and I don't regret paying the full price for him.

I like his visual tasks and he has the nice bonus of helping making new tablets for SH.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Most definitely, I got him way back in February and I don't regret paying the full price for him.

I like his visual tasks and he has the nice bonus of helping making new tablets for SH.
    I'm way done with SH, so sadly I can't use him for that. But he is a nice buy for me. LadyBot is actually kind cool, too.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • AirurandoP
    858 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I got him at full price for use with SH (which is now finished) so he would definitely be a buy for me.
  • spritals148
    1973 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm looking forward to getting Frink and ladybot, and love the look of his lab. I actually set money aside after the bills for this event, my birthday is in 2 weeks! (That's my rational lol) skipping the fancy night out for TSTO. Being single finally has another perk BUWAHAHA
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I got Frink's lab but I think I'll ignore his quest until later in this event.

His first task is a 24 hour one. Is he needed for Act 2 stuff?
  • baksinengl89
    934 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I got Frink's lab but I think I'll ignore his quest until later in this event.

His first task is a 24 hour one. Is he needed for Act 2 stuff?

Yep, he is used in the storyline quest Smack to the Future Pt. 3.
  • Chris60119
    988 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Just to be clear. These are 2 characters with tasks?
  • 4junk3000
    6078 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Why couldn't they just price it 125? I have 125. I don't have 200. So sad...
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:

Because if they priced it at 125, you wouldn't be buying donuts the next day, would you? :P

It's a clever marketing tool, because it's a good discount, everybody wants it. But in fact, it's not really a discount, it's just a ploy to get you to buy donuts so you can feel like you got a good deal, when you actually wouldn't have spent donuts in the first place. :P
  • baksinengl89
    934 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:

Well if you don't have enough donuts now to buy Frink now, it's possible that he could be on a rebate sale again during the Black Friday sales in November.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.