EA Forums - Banner

Beeing able to sell event stuff!

I don't understand that desire as much as the better desire to have an organized inventory, one where you don't have to scroll through the main section to find things you want. Maybe even a "basement" part of the inventory where we don't have to see things we know we aren't using at the moment.

The problem with selling, is what do they sell for? If you crafted the item, then you can't get back the crafting resources. It's always going to be money, and that's not exactly worth the loss of an item you can't get back.

(I agree, though, about giving the player choices (with lots of "are you sure" confirmations), it's just that I don't personally want to sell my stuff.)

Replies

  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Well, I keep everything out of my inventory so I don't have this problem :twisted:
  • 4junk3000
    5278 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    i've never understood this complaint, as i PREFER to have the fattest inventory i can!

    There's always something new coming, and I may want to blend old things with new things. Sure is nice to go into the inventory, and pull out a few of whatever i want. Particularly, limited time event items which you can never buy again! So glad there's prevention to not accidentally sell them!

    If you could see it THIS perspective, maybe you'd appreciate what you cannot change anyway! :wink:
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Here's an idea. 1-Find a nice wide, tall building. 2-Hide undesired items behind said building. 3-enjoy nice empty inventory

    Out of sight, out of inventory, out of mind!
    Happy tapping!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    You used to be able to sell stuff from events. I accidentally lost a few Human Test Subjects this way. Now they are premium with a bonus added.
  • gamersometimes
    222 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    petehd14 wrote:
    You used to be able to sell stuff from events. I accidentally lost a few Human Test Subjects this way. Now they are premium with a bonus added.

    are there any that still can be sold?
  • 4junk3000
    5278 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    petehd14 wrote:
    You used to be able to sell stuff from events. I accidentally lost a few Human Test Subjects this way. Now they are premium with a bonus added.

    are there any that still can be sold?

    if there are, they're the ones with the dollar sign symbol next to their icon in your inventory, silly! just scroll on through and see! :D
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • SandraNisten
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    I don't understand that desire as much as the better desire to have an organized inventory, one where you don't have to scroll through the main section to find things you want. Maybe even a "basement" part of the inventory where we don't have to see things we know we aren't using at the moment.

    The problem with selling, is what do they sell for? If you crafted the item, then you can't get back the crafting resources. It's always going to be money, and that's not exactly worth the loss of an item you can't get back.

    (I agree, though, about giving the player choices (with lots of "are you sure" confirmations), it's just that I don't personally want to sell my stuff.)


    Your sugestion Is better! Its just that i started a thred bout that I wanted a seperate section of the storage for things that can't be sold so it wont be shown with all the other stuff but the response was like " it has its own category" im like well yes but the problem isent that i Want find the things, they CAN'T be missed ;p

    And then i got frustrated and heres This thred ;p
    At least i got the right reapons this time Hahahahahahaha

    I really don't feel the need to sell its just that outof two Bad things (Keeping or Selling!) selling was the best couse im soooooooo (swearing) tired of having to scroll like a bigger idiot then i allready am for stuff!!!!!

  • SandraNisten
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    petehd14 wrote:
    You used to be able to sell stuff from events. I accidentally lost a few Human Test Subjects this way. Now they are premium with a bonus added.


    If evrything could be hidden that way it would be super!
    But for some (swearing) reason iv bought a lot of stuff like all the buildings from the "heights" event that can't be hidden!

    My biggest enjoyment in this game is to decorate it but it takes like alllll to much time when those things are EVERYWHERE!!! ;)
  • SandraNisten
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    i've never understood this complaint, as i PREFER to have the fattest inventory i can!

    There's always something new coming, and I may want to blend old things with new things. Sure is nice to go into the inventory, and pull out a few of whatever i want. Particularly, limited time event items which you can never buy again! So glad there's prevention to not accidentally sell them!

    If you could see it THIS perspective, maybe you'd appreciate what you cannot change anyway! :wink:




    Thank you for trying to change my perspective :)
    To be honest It's not the selling point that is the most importent! I'm just as happy if the inventory would have been even better planned so like the "Height" event stuffs only were to be found under Its category!!!

    :)
  • cinthiafer260
    591 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    OR put more event items in Krustyland!!!! :):):):):) There's plenty of space there!
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    What we really need is an inventory overhaul. Every prize and building from each event should have their own categories. So there would be a main category of Event stuff, and then sub-categories in there including:

    THOH event items
    Christmas
    Casino
    Wild West
    Superheroes
    SciFi

    Problem solved! :mrgreen:
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Question: Is there a limit to how much stuff can be stored in inventory? If so, what is the limit?

    (I know that there's a limit on how many items can be out in your SF.)
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Question: Is there a limit to how much stuff can be stored in inventory? If so, what is the limit?

    (I know that there's a limit on how many items can be out in your SF.)

    I don't think there will ever be, since there is minimal load on their server ... E.g., when an item is "in storage" the graphic representation is not stored there. Only the file name and the number of that item. But when an item is placed in our town, the coding needs to also identify the location and positioning of each and every item in our town, and map it.

    I totally made that up. :)
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Well, it sounds plausible to me....
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    What we really need is an inventory overhaul. Every prize and building from each event should have their own categories. So there would be a main category of Event stuff, and then sub-categories in there including:

    THOH event items
    Christmas
    Casino
    Wild West
    Superheroes
    SciFi

    Problem solved! :mrgreen:

    THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!
  • SandraNisten
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Question: Is there a limit to how much stuff can be stored in inventory? If so, what is the limit?

    (I know that there's a limit on how many items can be out in your SF.)


    I like Your thinking :)
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Echo0006 wrote:
    What we really need is an inventory overhaul. Every prize and building from each event should have their own categories. So there would be a main category of Event stuff, and then sub-categories in there including:

    THOH event items
    Christmas
    Casino
    Wild West
    Superheroes
    SciFi

    Problem solved! :mrgreen:

    THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

    I know right? It is so simplistic and I figure it would be easy to do. The only problem is a poor lonely EA developer has to go through EVERY single item created over the past year and put them into categories. That would be very tedious and annoying! Maybe each developer could work on a single category? :P
  • SandraNisten
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Echo0006 wrote:
    What we really need is an inventory overhaul. Every prize and building from each event should have their own categories. So there would be a main category of Event stuff, and then sub-categories in there including:

    THOH event items
    Christmas
    Casino
    Wild West
    Superheroes
    SciFi

    Problem solved! :mrgreen:

    THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

    I know right? It is so simplistic and I figure it would be easy to do. The only problem is a poor lonely EA developer has to go through EVERY single item created over the past year and put them into categories. That would be very tedious and annoying! Maybe each developer could work on a single category? :P


    Every solution is a good solution ;)
    Im just so (swearing) tired of this!

    This is the only game i actually play all the time and i need it to not stay in my head to long at the time hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!