EA Forums - Banner

Maybe it's not a mistake

Prev1345
Why do people always have to ruin it? :x

The important thing is the developers can read this forum, but they can't see our PMs.

Replies

• fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    i thought of that yesterday, we (including myself) immediately assumed on the forum that it should be a big secret due to the nature of the original threads sense of secrecy. Im thinking the original poster just didnt want to get into trouble with the forum for sharing that bit of info. Maybe it was a mistake in the game but If EA cared then they might have stopped the situation while it was unfolding.
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    i thought of that yesterday, we (including myself) immediately assumed on the forum that it should be a big secret due to the nature of the original threads sense of secrecy. Im thinking the original poster just didnt want to get into trouble with the forum for sharing that bit of info. Maybe it was a mistake in the game but If EA cared then they might have stopped the situation while it was unfolding.

Actually the OP said what it was about, but I asked him to edit the thread title and his post :P

These things ast a lot longer when they aren't spread about on every single thread, and only on PMs. EA isn't bothered to check and read all our PMs, but they could if they wanted to, and then tell the devs.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    Has anybody considered maybe the "secret" might not be a mistake, but rather an Easter egg? You visit a special neighbor, you see a flash upon entering, which kills all the robots, so you have nothing to tap. To compensate you, the game gives you 30 event currency because you have nothing to tap. Somebody saw this Easter egg, thought outside the box, and figured out that you can visit your favorite neighbor again and again and again, instead of moving along to your next neighbor like you normally do.

Btw, if you think EA can't see the PMs being sent back and forth, you are sadly mistaken. This is an EA forum, running on EA equipment, they can see and do whatever they want. The PMs only hide the message from the public, not from the system owners (EA). The current PM thread has gone longer than the other one from 2 months ago. It was fun for a while, but the time to end this has come, it's not a fight club anymore if so many people know about it now.

Why do people always have to ruin it? :x

The important thing is the developers can read this forum, but they can't see our PMs.

how do you actually know they cant read pms? I havent seen any real evidence they cant but only the typical speculation on such matters
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Well I'd assume EA wouldn't just let the game developers read our PMs, isn't it a breach of privacy? I guess we are on an EA forum and they EA can do whatever they like with our messages, but it isn't exactly run by EA themselves, they don't monitor it either. The moderators are all volunteers, not employed by EA. Not sure though.

• fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    i see your privacy point. I dont think they EA trolls pms but in a case like this than they are going to want to know whats up. During the lockout i experienced on Monday, i got a reply from EA that read:

I was sorry to hear of the issue you have been experiencing with The Simpsons and I can understand the inconvenience and disruption this may cause in your game. Being a massive Simpsons fan myself I know how annoying it is when something like this happens. I play a lot in my free time and I have had to put a limit on how much money I spend on Donuts each month, I know that is bad!!

that is copy n pasted from the recieved email. to me thats proof EA still can figure out whats going on with the game. They dont NEED to troll pms to figure out whats going on with the game.

Also Echo, Im not saying your wrong or arguing with you, simply discussing and contributing to the conversation.
  • andrewstew134
    35 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    It can't of been done deliberately as it dose not work for everybody I have many nabers with big Ben but have never had the flash and not been able to colect anything like this
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Agreed. Nothing from my neighbours who have Big Digi Ben. Robots as normal.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    It can't of been done deliberately as it dose not work for everybody I have many nabers with big Ben but have never had the flash and not been able to colect anything like this

I can confirm it does work, and it's repeatable. If you want, add me as a neighbor.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016

Add me as a neighbor, and you can see it work.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016

It definitely does work.
  • barryriddl474
    4818 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Are we forgetting the rules of Fight Club? :lol:

catbag.jpg
  • LPNintendoITA
    11519 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ea cant read pm. Pms are not readable not even for admins unless they read the phpbb and that still violates privacy. They do read the forum and also remember they can create accounts and ask for pm as a user and get the info
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • kxtr
    112 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    So, can someone send me a PM, please? :-)
  • NuclearPip
    85 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    If it were really an Easter egg, it would work for everyone. It doesn't.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    NuclearPip wrote:
    If it were really an Easter egg, it would work for everyone. It doesn't.

Yep, it's just a programming error.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Has anybody considered maybe the "secret" might not be a mistake, but rather an Easter egg?

If it’s an egg, it strikes me as a badly programmed one. Anything’s possible, but it seems more like a bug to me. If they patch it, I guess we’ll know for sure.
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I have tons of neighbors who have "Bob" but "it" only works for two of them. I'm not even sure if I'm helping them.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    josebot533 wrote:
    I have tons of neighbors who have big Ben but "it" only works for two of them. I'm not even sure if I'm helping them.

Um...it doesn't benefit them? It only benefits you :P
  • 1louisobyrne
    93 posts
    edited September 2016
    I was going to volunteer to be that one guy who claims to believe it isn't a glitch to justify everyone using it. Now I just want silence so that I can feed my family. Seriously OP, could you edit out the details?
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ea cant read pm. Pms are not readable not even for admins unless they read the phpbb and that still violates privacy. They do read the forum and also remember they can create accounts and ask for pm as a user and get the info

This is what I was thinking too. Thanks again for giving us non programmers a peak inside the box so to speak.

So the moral here is quit bumping these threads and only share pm tips with neighbors and others you trust
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!