EA Forums - Banner

Maybe it's not a mistake

Replies

• suznstl635
    95 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't even know why this post exists. It serves no purpose but to gain attention. I bet it is posted after the advantage has been fully used.

I've only been to one other FC Glitch than this and there always seems to be someone who thinks EA doesn't make mistakes or some such thing then they get into arguments over whether it was intentional. Rule #1 needs to be either PM ONLY or PM a Mod and ask them how to proceed. They play the game too, they might want in on it. :D
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Well it's not a fight club, by definition, if everyone's talking about it with a bonfire PM thread and then Echo puts up vegas style billboard topics in bright lights to proove why the glitch needs to be shut down. This is not very ninja. The turnaround time between this topic and the update was probably too short--they didn't see this and then start working on a patch. First they saw the obvious fire they needed to put out. So assigning blame to this page is scapegoating, being done by Echo for example. This post was a billboard placed next to other pre-existing neon flashing signs saying, "Look here, EA!" To reiterate, we are not ninja ; we are the samurai warriors of glitch exploitation ; we rush our glitches straight into the enemy lines for a quick death. A moment of glory, then gone. And then, as our crowning masterpiece, we don't realize that we're dumb. Even now, while this lesson is still fresh, have you noticed there's idjits rushing in to repeat the mistake?
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Echo0006 wrote:
    "Maybe it's not a mistake."

*reveals all details on how to replicate the glitch*

Mistake fixed.

Wow.

I go offline for an hour and someone crashes the party, and then the authorities show up. Party's over.

If this WERE FightClub, we'd all want a round with you NEXT, OP.. :roll:

Over 2 days passed since the first mention of the issue. I did my part and sent PM to others that asked for it. I didn't just send it to everybody though. I checked the number of messages posted and join date of the requestor. I know of others that were not so cautious, so don't accuse me of being the mole. Any one of those people that joined within the past 2 days and had 1 message posted could have tipped off EA, or EA could have just looked at our PM mailboxes.
  • ghallmark814
    2343 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Well it's not a fight club, by definition, if everyone's talking about it with a bonfire PM thread and then Echo puts up vegas style billboard topics in bright lights to proove why the glitch needs to be shut down. This is not very ninja. The turnaround time between this topic and the update was probably too short--they didn't see this and then start working on a patch. First they saw the obvious fire they needed to put out. So assigning blame to this page is scapegoating, being done by Echo for example. This post was a billboard placed next to other pre-existing neon flashing signs saying, "Look here, EA!" To reiterate, we are not ninja ; we are the samurai warriors of glitch exploitation ; we rush our glitches straight into the enemy lines for a quick death. A moment of glory, then gone. And then, as our crowning masterpiece, we don't realize that we're dumb. Even now, while this lesson is still fresh, have you noticed there's idjits rushing in to repeat the mistake?

:mrgreen:
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    We have this debate Every Time.........................

PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • toddestan
    179 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    This is EA's forum running on EA's servers that they have total control over. So it's not like they don't know what's going on. But hey, by all means carry on :lol:
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    toddestan wrote:
    This is EA's forum running on EA's servers that they have total control over. So it's not like they don't know what's going on. But hey, by all means carry on :lol:
    That's what I've been trying to say all this time, but there are still some people that think EA can't see PMs and they have an expectation of privacy. Those people have obviously never managed a messaging system, nor have they had access to the root account on messaging systems. The only way to maintain secrecy is to control your own messaging server, like Hillary Clinton, then you can do whatever you want, and no one can stop you from doing it.
  • MabdulD
    99 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I actually don't believe that EA would dare look at users PMs, but there's no way the developers don't look at this forum, and there's no way that some of them don't have accounts, and if you're a developer with an account and you see an 80 page thread talking about PMs, you're probably going to ask for one. And then you're going to fix the problem.

Once anyone makes a thread about a glitch, it's time is quickly coming to an end. But it's a nice gesture to spread the word rather than keep it to yourself. The quicker you spread the word, the quicker it ends. It's a Catch-22. There is no solution.
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited September 2016

:lol::D:lol:

I believe I saw a mod say once (I may be wrong here. I've been wrong once before) that this forum wasn't directly owned by EA. Sort of like an outside company runs this forum for EA. Mods, please correct me if this isn't the case.

This next part I know for sure.... EA has several employees (not mods or admins, but actual "can see your details and tell you about them from emails with EA" employees) who are regular members on here. They are truly awesome people. I have been helped in the past by such a person.

• 4junk3000
    5333 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I forget that not everyone thinks very practical.

It's not whether EA CAN read our PMs, it's whether they bother to, because something has come to their attention which they then want to investigate.

The sheer volume of PMs sent, and threads and posts created, is way too large for them to waste resources continually monitoring.

But if someone who occasionally visits the board because they happen to be a fan of this one particular EA product, they may read something they feel the need to report to the department handling bugs.

I visit this forum several times daily, with occasional breaks of several days. It's easy to miss information here. That's why I've missed previous FC's passed.

But the bottom line is, when a majority of forum regulars are repeatedly asking the group as a whole to be discreet, it's most polite to do exactly that!

So when some people think their opinion on the issue is SO important, that, 'to heck with majority consensus, I'm going to run my big mouth anyway', it's just plain rude.

Everyone's got a right to their own opinion, but also a duty to occasionally keep it to themselves.

Some people take longer to learn this than others. Sucks for those around them.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I did my part and sent PM to others that asked for it. I didn't just send it to everybody though. I checked the number of messages posted and join date of the requestor. I know of others that were not so cautious, so don't accuse me of being the mole. Any one of those people that joined within the past 2 days and had 1 message posted could have tipped off EA[...]
    Maybe we can get a PM FC decorum "ruleset". Would be great if we are asking others to help out with PM's if they knew who to blab to and who not to. Who else thinks that 1 post members should be ignored the invite?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • spritals148
    1829 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:

It's not whether EA CAN read our PMs, it's whether they bother to, because something has come to their attention which they then want to investigate.

The sheer volume of PMs sent, and threads and posts created, is way too large for them to waste resources continually monitoring.

//EDIT by Sprite, removed chunk//

But the bottom line is, when a majority of forum regulars are repeatedly asking the group as a whole to be discreet, it's most polite to do exactly that!

So when some people think their opinion on the issue is SO important, that, 'to heck with majority consensus, I'm going to run my big mouth anyway', it's just plain rude.

Everyone's got a right to their own opinion, but also a duty to occasionally keep it to themselves.

Here Here! Well said.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Muhsterino
    4498 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Has anybody considered maybe the "secret" might not be a mistake, but rather an Easter egg?

If you follow the almighty LPN's all-seeing, all-knowing, written texts (aka walkthroughs) then he writes about Easter eggs when there are any. Based on this, I was certain it had to be a bug.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Muhsterino wrote:
    Has anybody considered maybe the "secret" might not be a mistake, but rather an Easter egg?

If you follow the almighty LPN's all-seeing, all-knowing, written texts (aka walkthroughs) then he writes about Easter eggs when there are any. Based on this, I was certain it had to be a bug.

Every time one of these glitches crops up, someone suggests that it might be (or definitely is) intentional — it’s as inevitable as death and taxes. But it never turns out to be the case.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:

But if someone who occasionally visits the board because they happen to be a fan of this one particular EA product, they may read something they feel the need to report to the department handling bugs.

I visit this forum several times daily, with occasional breaks of several days. It's easy to miss information here. That's why I've missed previous FC's passed.

Amen. You said it perfectly.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 168seanang168
    41 posts
    edited September 2016

Good writing.
  • BongoPickle
    124 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Somebody said sumpin about a patch? I haven't seen any patch / download in the last few days ... is this secret glitch no longer working?
  • Wiredup11
    338 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Somebody said sumpin about a patch? I haven't seen any patch / download in the last few days ... is this secret glitch no longer working?

It was a small download so that's why you might've missed it.

It's no longer working.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited September 2016

It’s no longer working.
  • glenjamin8
    144 posts
    edited September 2016
    Can one of you fine people PM me what the secret was/is please?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!