EA Forums - Banner

After 3 years of daily tapping, I think I'm done

2Next

Replies

  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    It happens to a lot of people....maybe you just need a break.
    This event doesn't suit everyone.....but Halloween and Christmas are coming, they might be awesome :-)
    Those are ALWAYS awesome. :3
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Took a two month break around this time last year too. Hopefully Halloween is actually good this year.
  • 4junk3000
    5303 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    shaygitz wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Yeah, a nice break might give the chance to remember not to expect too much from a game.

    I can't guess how old you are, but I'm from a time where I'd NEVER expect to play Monopoly or something similar every single day for years. I mean come on. I think this game has served you pretty well. So don't go away mad. Just go away.

    But come back.

    We'll be here and get you caught up. Whenever.
    :)

    Who are you, and what have you done with 4junk3000?

    Oh I'm sorry, did i jolt your prejudgment of me?

    You don't know me. :roll:
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • afscot
    23 posts
    edited September 2016
    So "Why I'm Leaving New York City" thinkpieces are going to be replaced with "Why I'm Leaving Springfield" :roll:

    A lot of the events have been dull - the more complex they get ("ingredients" being the worst culprit) the more tedious they get. A lot of the content hasn't been very Simpsonsy either.

    But I think a lot of people are just waaaay too invested in this. Don't like the event? Don't bother with it then.
  • bluntcard
    3798 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    afscot wrote:
    Don't like the event? Don't bother with it then.

    I guess. Or, rather than just not bothering we could let EA know why we are drifting from the game and they might even appreciate the feed back. Not everything in life is " take what you get and shut up about it". Many companies appreciate feedback so they can do batter.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • 4junk3000
    5303 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    bluntcard wrote:
    afscot wrote:
    Don't like the event? Don't bother with it then.

    I guess. Or, rather than just not bothering we could let EA know why we are drifting from the game and they might even appreciate the feed back. Not everything in life is " take what you get and shut up about it". Many companies appreciate feedback so they can do batter.

    You are absolutely right. However, has EA ever given you the impression they are concerned with our feedback??

    Their method for contact varies by region and time of day, their first-line response is to send people HERE to ask the group-think of the forum, there's no official response on their official forum to ANYTHING we post in the Bugs& Issues section, they walk us through the same troubleshooting script for every issue IF you get to the second-line response, and they make jokes about us in the game occasionally to remind us of what they really think of us.

    Soooo, i don't think they really care, unless we stop shelling out real cash. Fortunately for them, the quality of their addictive substance is very high. So complain to the dealer all you want, but don't expect much change when you've still got your hand out for this particular bag of rock. ;)
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I like to think of these updates as an opportunity to create theme park areas. So now I'll have a Future theme park area, to go along with my Xmas area, Western area, Movie set area, etc.... I just wish they gave bigger blocks of land, so I could create a fully designed area now, instead of waiting for more land to become available.
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    bluntcard wrote:
    afscot wrote:
    Don't like the event? Don't bother with it then.

    I guess. Or, rather than just not bothering we could let EA know why we are drifting from the game and they might even appreciate the feed back. Not everything in life is " take what you get and shut up about it". Many companies appreciate feedback so they can do batter.

    You are absolutely right. However, has EA ever given you the impression they are concerned with our feedback??

    Their method for contact varies by region and time of day, their first-line response is to send people HERE to ask the group-think of the forum, there's no official response on their official forum to ANYTHING we post in the Bugs& Issues section, they walk us through the same troubleshooting script for every issue IF you get to the second-line response, and they make jokes about us in the game occasionally to remind us of what they really think of us.

    Soooo, i don't think they really care, unless we stop shelling out real cash. Fortunately for them, the quality of their addictive substance is very high. So complain to the dealer all you want, but don't expect much change when you've still got your hand out for this particular bag of rock. ;)

    First off, I don't mean to disagree that customer service can be a big issue with ea. That said...

    - area select tool
    - dirt
    - Maggie
    - monorail
    - land increases (slowly, yes)

    All things that were regularly requested on the forum, then made it into the game. I do think they generally want players to be happy.

    In that spirit, I humbly suggest no more 40 day, 3 phase events!
  • Surfcitygal
    1213 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    havocmike wrote:
    This event is just lousy. I'm not even trying to win these pointless prizes and the ones I do get go straight into storage due to them not matching my town. This is the third or fourth major event in a row I've felt this way about. After this long, the developers have run out of content to put in the game without it being out of place. I give them all the credit in the world for lasting this long.

    That's fine, I can live with that. What I can't live with is the amount of space this app takes up. I'm already running bare bones to accommodate this thing and I refuse to delete anything else for it.

    It's been a hell of a ride. Level 115, never spent a single dime on donuts. Peace out

    I would love to be able to put all the "out of place" stuff in Krustyland which has lots of space and already IS a theme park! For instance I have FIVE castles: one from Clash of Clones, three from that recycled castle building event, and Lisa's castle of Equalia. Might as well mention Blarney Castle and Duff Gardens as well.

    Spooky areas such as last Halloween's Lovecraft theme would go well in Krustyland also.

    Please EA, let us develop Krustyland with all our extra decorations and structures!
  • 4junk3000
    5303 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    tommy1724 wrote:
    First off, I don't mean to disagree that customer service can be a big issue with ea. That said...

    - area select tool
    - dirt
    - Maggie
    - monorail
    - land increases (slowly, yes)

    All things that were regularly requested on the forum, then made it into the game. I do think they generally want players to be happy.

    In that spirit, I humbly suggest no more 40 day, 3 phase events!

    That list made me laugh... Those particular things i think would have all showed up in the game eventually, regardless of what we discussed here on the forum. We didn't give them the idea to add Maggie, etc...

    ... But the Area Select Tool!?! That was MY idea! Hey!
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9976819.page
    Lol :lol:

    i have no idea if someone else thought of it on their own, before or at the same time. That happens.

    But I guess i must agree, someone there IS tuning into the forum and stealing our good ideas. The UI Office gaining it's TASK ALL function, or the IRS office and it's increasing radius collecting zone, are better examples of things we might have made happen.

    If there's a spy, it's in the creative department though. Not on the technical side in any way. They never fix the glitches as we're complaining about them. They get to them at their own pace for sure.

    Oh well. Still my favorite game!

    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    shaygitz wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Yeah, a nice break might give the chance to remember not to expect too much from a game.

    I can't guess how old you are, but I'm from a time where I'd NEVER expect to play Monopoly or something similar every single day for years. I mean come on. I think this game has served you pretty well. So don't go away mad. Just go away.

    But come back.

    We'll be here and get you caught up. Whenever.
    :)

    Who are you, and what have you done with 4junk3000?

    Oh I'm sorry, did i jolt your prejudgment of me?

    You don't know me. :roll:

    Ah, there you are. I was beginning to worry. Carry on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!