EA Forums - Banner

Should i get the teleporters?

Prev1
I've used them in neighbors towns so I would definitely buy them

Replies

• devilhunt1449
    3409 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    They are a superb quick way to zip around your Springfield, I've already got 2 and place 1 in my landing zone and randomly move the other one so if my neighbors use it they see different parts of my town and I'm going to get the other 2 when available, I'd definitely recommend you get them.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    2 wasn't enough for me. I kept having to move the one to another spot, while the first stayed at the LZ. Basically I need one at the LZ (event), one at the Dump, one at my KEM farm, and one to move around, but probably the Simpsons House/Play-D'oh Factory. So, yes, 4 is a great number of them to have. Get 'em!
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I have been planning on buying these since the start of the event!

They are a brilliant addition to my town, makes travelling around it much easier, especially after how big my town is now! Plus, the added 1% bonus isn't too bad either :P
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    was an instant buy for me :D
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    chrisgyo wrote:
    was an instant buy for me :D

me too, been waiting since i missed the last time they were offered and regretted not getting them and anticipating this times offer. very happy with the purchase :D
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • NickyD841984
    2623 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I've got them. I've got one by the xp machine so I know where that is. :lol:
  • RobotDevil69
    55 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I've been waiting to get them this event and I'm a freemium player. Personally I think they're underrated because I passed on them twice. Now my town is huge and they are very handy! Can visiting friends use them too??
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • stellstone
    55 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:

They are a brilliant addition to my town, makes travelling around it much easier, especially after how big my town is now! Plus, the added 1% bonus isn't too bad either :P

Is that 1% bonus per teleporter or total for all four?
    If at first you don't succeed, just give up-Homer J. Simpson
  • derekpasteur
    303 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes you should 8)
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    stellstone wrote:
    Echo0006 wrote:

no, 1% total for all 4
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • anaquarind
    1492 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    It was an instant buy for me too.

It is one of those items you hear about that nobody every complains about. There has never been anything but a positive buzz about this, so based on that I'd say go for it!
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • anaquarind
    1492 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    stellstone wrote:
    Echo0006 wrote:

no, 1% total for all 4

Specifically, 0.5% for Zeta and Theta.

Alpha and Omega do not have multipliers.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • nicolknappen
    192 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    instant buy ... quick way to get to SH

the fact that we can choose which teleport is the destination is fantastic! it will be much easier to get around.

Remember that clicking on the Monorail Central Terminal's "bulletin board" (or whatever it is) will take you to the train yard like a teleporter. So it's like having 5 teleporters!

• cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Nice to have, but not a must have
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    stellstone wrote:
    Echo0006 wrote:

Pffft...I wish! 0.5% for Zeta and Theta but I do think EA should add a 0.5% to Omega and Alpha!
    cdepast wrote:
    Nice to have, but not a must have

Agreed, it isn't a must-buy but it is great for people with huge towns! I wouldn't have bought it, but I got 80 donuts just this week from KEM farming and a mystery box! :D
    instant buy ... quick way to get to SH

the fact that we can choose which teleport is the destination is fantastic! it will be much easier to get around.

Remember that clicking on the Monorail Central Terminal's "bulletin board" (or whatever it is) will take you to the train yard like a teleporter. So it's like having 5 teleporters!

I'm not sure what you mean. When I click it, it just asks if I want to ride the monorail. How do you do this?
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    what is going on with the timing of these items being released in the store?

i've been hearing people talk about these for days. i haven't seen them to buy.

today they released some future monument, an obelisk of some kind. idk what the significance of that thing is, but i am interested in the transporters. why haven't i seen them yet?
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    what is going on with the timing of these items being released in the store?

i've been hearing people talk about these for days. i haven't seen them to buy.

today they released some future monument, an obelisk of some kind. idk what the significance of that thing is, but i am interested in the transporters. why haven't i seen them yet?

If they're not in your store, resync your game.

We've been talking about them for the past 3 weeks because LPN shared what would be available at the start so we all knew this was coming! :D
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    thanks, Echo.

is there a concrete release and end date for their availability? i don't get why i'm not seeing these.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 1pillform
    1996 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I did. I now have 1 on each corner of my town. I was wondering when they were going to finally give us these 2.
    Except my problem with them is remembering their names xD I think I rather have their names be "north, east, south and west" That would be a lot more helpful....
    ~Always be Designing~
  • skollthewolf
    482 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I bought the first two when they were available during the 2014 Halloween update, and they've been useful in getting from east to west in my town for awhile now, so I got the new ones just now so I can do north and south as well. Well worth the investment.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!