EA Forums - Banner

Value of betting at Springfield Downs and Go Karts

i like your numbers and not disputing what you are saying but...
fact is, that i have only won 1 time at the kart track playing 2-3x in a 24hr cycle every single day. it was the first or second race when introduced and since then-not one win no matter strategy or random color choice. Apparently im not alone, a thread the other day had others saying the same thing about their experience with the kart track. my odds have been nearly a 0:0 ratio :roll: (not sure if i got the ratio correct and correct me if im wrong but you get the point). i realize that its probably a glitch that some people have but not others
Downs success for me was much better though (havent played for a long time) but was right at your odds and ratios listed

Replies

• Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I've never won at the go kart track
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Very nice.

100 games is a game 3 times a day for 33 days. That's about $3k per day with the Downs and $15k per day on the Karts. Either way it looks like the Karts is a pretty good money maker.

I would say (but maybe shouldn't) about increasing your odds of winning, is to bet mainly on the 2-1 and then every once in a while bet on lower odds, like 99-1/49-1. I usually win 2-1 a few times in a row and then lose every so often, so instead of simply losing the 2-1 I can try to win/lose the 99-1/49-1. This claim isn't scientific like OP's.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited September 2016

i thought before the thread the other day that i was incredibly unlucky at the karts :lol: or fat tony was crooked and wanted to take my $ :lol:

literally 5 min after i posted this i was able to try again and WON :!: maybe i should buy a lotto ticket today :lol: things might be looking up with the karts. I had been thinking of quitting the karts but might stick with it for awhile and see what happens. Still, 2 wins total is a loosing proposition

thats it, definitely getting a lotto ticket today, just won an Elder God from insanity cauldron but have always had average success with the cauldron game
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    So... expected return is a little less than the cost, so overall it's a money loser. But hey, XP!

(Do multipliers apply to Downs and Karts?)
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    So... expected return is a little less than the cost, so overall it's a money loser. But hey, XP!

I don't think so, we would have noticed if a 2.5 million win had a multiplier added on :lol:

• roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    aidx1054 wrote:
    roshigoth1 wrote:

I don't think so, we would have noticed if a 2.5 million win had a multiplier added on :lol:

I figured as much. Pity.
  • Oatmeal832
    569 posts Member
    edited September 2016

I won the 49-1 option my first game but not since then!

I go with the "long odds" choices for both. I'm level 689 and have $88 million, so the money/XP isn't really important.

On those rare occasions I win, it's more exciting. The net "profit" is irrelevant to me...
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I was actually pretty lucky with the go karts...I won twice before they tweaked the game...not since, but I figure I am ahead for quite some time...
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Argh, you're right! It would cost 6k per day and you'd only average a win of 3k...that's bad. The go-kart is at least a daily cost of 15k and an average win of 15k...
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • 2montmorency
    116 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Argh, you're right! It would cost 6k per day and you'd only average a win of 3k...that's bad. The go-kart is at least a daily cost of 15k and an average win of 15k...

I think the return means the return on investment, or the profit you make after the costs are taken into account. i.e. playing the dogs or go-karts will make you money overall.

Eg, playing Go-Karts and using the 2-1 option:
    Play 100 times, the total spent = $500,000 (100 x $5000)
    Probability coded in the game apparently says you should win ~66 times out of 100
    66 wins pays $990,000 (66 x $15,000)
    - Return on investment over 100 games, or profit = $490,000 ($990,000 - $500,000)

• lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I won the 2.5 mil twice in a row about 2 weeks ago. Got really excited yesterday when I won again...and then had to come check the forum to see if I got shorted or not :x
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Well, it seems like betting is pretty much pointless to me.

Basically, it's just a really slow cash to XP converter? :?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!