EA Forums - Banner

Giving up

Replies

• ramrod130
    532 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter much if you get every item of the event. Just be happy and play as you can and be grateful for the new things you get. I remember being upset that I didn't get something in the Wild West Event, but now I have no idea what that was, or do I care.
  • jayremedy
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Osg00d wrote:
    jayremedy wrote:
    I have no idea how anyone is having problems with this event. All you need to do is log in 5 times a day, 30 seconds each time. Your life is really so busy that you can't spare 30 seconds? You can't do what you need during a bathroom break? This is possibly the easiest event so far in terms of how much time it requires from you.

5 times? Nope sorry, i'm unable to conecct during work time and have toddlers that follow me to the bathroom so thats no option
    30 seconds? Its takes that long to load my game... And i need cash so i need to collect.
    I log in 2 to 3 times a day for about 15 min to max 30 min

You don't need to collect to get the final prizes. If you want to add a bunch of things to your log in chores and then whine that you can't get the final prizes, that's up to you.
  • tommy1724
    1969 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I hear what you're saying. I'm freemium, but have played since before the first Halloween and have been able to collect a lot of premium characters. That said, the first phase was the first close call I've had in a while, and it's hard not to be frustrated feeling like you've lost out.

My bigger complaint is how monotonous the events have become. The crafting seems to evolve a little, but the 3 act, 40 day model is wearing thin after so many events following that pattern. It is time to mix it up, I think.
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I think the grander issue is design elements that push players to have to organizes their lives around the game instead of organizing the game around their lives. I personally get frustrated when I miss checking in on the 4 hour schedule to avoid missing too much currency and failing to get everything I want from the game. So I get it when life keeps you from being able to do that enough times each day. I personally would like to see events be less rigid in keeping a schedule around the game and just let us have fun and earn the prizes at our pace within the two week time frame. For those who want to go fast they can grind them out in a day or two and for those who want to or need to take the whole two weeks can do so. But don't have design elements that make it so you have to schedule your life around the game to do the later.
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    It's terrible. Unless you play four times a day it's almost impossible to get the last prize without donuts. Once some of the remaining content on my list is implemented I think I'll be done for good.
  • 4junk3000
    6217 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I think it's too easy to become obsessed with achieving every item in the game. And then too easy to feel really unhappy when we don't. It's one of the worst psychological elements of the game.

Of course, that's been engineered in, to improve sales.

My advice is to recognize this frustration as the evil sales tactic that it is, and choose instead not to give into their manipulation.

Instead, play the game to enjoy it on your terms. Where you fit it into your schedule, not EAs. And if you don't get the last prize, it's not a reflection of your lack of effort. It's an indicator that you have a life filled with greater priorities, and that's ok.

Or you can succumb to irrational feelings of inadequacy and loss. I don't recommend that one
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • ramrod130
    532 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I think it's too easy to become obsessed with achieving every item in the game. And then too easy to feel really unhappy when we don't. It's one of the worst psychological elements of the game.

Of course, that's been engineered in, to improve sales.

My advice is to recognize this frustration as the evil sales tactic that it is, and choose instead not to give into their manipulation.

Instead, play the game to enjoy it on your terms. Where you fit it into your schedule, not EAs. And if you don't get the last prize, it's not a reflection of your lack of effort. It's an indicator that you have a life filled with greater priorities, and that's ok.

Or you can succumb to irrational feelings of inadequacy and loss. I don't recommend that one

Well said! Be happy with what you are able to get. 2 events from now you won't remember what you were unable to get from this event.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    This event is a cakewalk compared to events on Family Guy game. I've been meaning to quit that game for sooo long but I keep going back. Some habit are hard to break, I guess. :lol:
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I check in at least five or six times a day, and for most of the events since the Terwilliger event it has been a struggle to get the last prize in Act 1. At least Acts 2 and 3 were usually easier.

But for the last few events, even the final prizes for Acts 2 and 3 were a challenge. If it hadn't been for the intentional loss strategy for Superheroes 2, I would have been 0 for 3 there. I still had to pay around 60 donuts for Dr. Crab. For this sci-fi event, it looks like I'm on track for NOT getting any of the final prizes in all three Acts. Not even close.

The events certainly feel to me like they're getting much more difficult. I didn't care about missing out on Sgt. Skinner, but it would have been cool to have President Lisa since I already have Mooch Bart and Rockstar Maggie.
  • ramrod130
    532 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    tralfabits wrote:
    I check in at least five or six times a day, and for most of the events since the Terwilliger event it has been a struggle to get the last prize in Act 1. At least Acts 2 and 3 were usually easier.

But for the last few events, even the final prizes for Acts 2 and 3 were a challenge. If it hadn't been for the intentional loss strategy for Superheroes 2, I would have been 0 for 3 there. I still had to pay around 60 donuts for Dr. Crab. For this sci-fi event, it looks like I'm on track for NOT getting any of the final prizes in all three Acts. Not even close.

The events certainly feel to me like they're getting much more difficult. I didn't care about missing out on Sgt. Skinner, but it would have been cool to have President Lisa since I already have Mooch Bart and Rockstar Maggie.

I have dr crab and have not thought of him since you just mentioned him.. These event characters are nice, but not a necessity.. i still can't think of who i didn't get in the wild west event..
  • 4junk3000
    6217 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    That is SO true. I know that I've missed a few characters that were final act one prizes. At least two I'm certain of. There's got to be more...

And yet I can't even name them right now. I remember being mad I missed them by a small handful of whatever currency it was, but I don't remember the characters AT ALL.

So please, do the right thing. Remind yourself that this is not something you need. It's just a fun time killer. You're not building a critical collection, you're not doing a job. It's only small potatoes compared to your other priorities

Don't give in to their psychological trickery, designed to make you crave their little pixelated images. When you don't get some item in the game, just whisper this one word of wisdom, passed on through generations, known for its ability to relieve stress simply by saying it out loud or in your mind: "phuckitt".

I swear that works!

All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • ramrod130
    532 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Feel free to give up. Nobody cares.
    tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif
  • ramrod130
    532 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    DP
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    When you don't get some item in the game, just whisper this one word of wisdom, passed on through generations, known for its ability to relieve stress simply by saying it out loud or in your mind: "phuckitt".

I swear that works!

Words of wisdom. 8)

Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • jarya93
    331 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Freemium people cannot finish this event? Not true! My fiance has been freemium for both acts. He just recently bought LadyBot. And has achieved the last prize with 1 or 2 days spare. Tapping every four hours and neighbouring. It is do-able!
    I see so many people slate the game on here and on Facebook that they cannot finish these events but it is possible. Why would they make a game where you cannot finish events?
    Its supposed to be fun, not hard work. It is partly the challenge of the events that should make you want to play the game and not based on how easy it is.
    If it the game was so easy what would be the point of even having the game?

8:35am in the UK and I have views like this? Oh dear!
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    When you don't get some item in the game, just whisper this one word of wisdom, passed on through generations, known for its ability to relieve stress simply by saying it out loud or in your mind: "phuckitt".

I swear that works!

Words of wisdom. 8)

Thats what i do :)

For the record: i gave up on the events, i dont care any more for the prices
    I did not gave op on tsto, i still play daily.
    I'm not here to whine Jayremedy i just wanted to see if there are others how feel the same.So if you think i'm whining sorry, but also sorry for you to waste your time on telling me that.
    I've been around on this forum long enough, only reacting if i had something to say or ask. Otherwise i didnt bother.

I've played the game for almost 5 years now, still im only a level 600, and have an 170% bonus. I know it not much
    But as Raven_Darkstorm pointed out, i play when my life lets me. My kids come first. I they want to goof around with mum or need a cuddle i'm not going to say no because it gone trow my tsto shedule in the trash.
    I'm just a bit bumped that i did pay money for it and i do spend a lot of time on the game and since about the last 5 events that effort did not result in getting the stuff i wanted. Where as before, i would gain every price in about 9/10 events.

But i see im not alone in this, happy tapping everyone!

• Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I think the grander issue is design elements that push players to have to organizes their lives around the game instead of organizing the game around their lives. I personally get frustrated when I miss checking in on the 4 hour schedule to avoid missing too much currency and failing to get everything I want from the game. So I get it when life keeps you from being able to do that enough times each day. I personally would like to see events be less rigid in keeping a schedule around the game and just let us have fun and earn the prizes at our pace within the two week time frame. For those who want to go fast they can grind them out in a day or two and for those who want to or need to take the whole two weeks can do so. But don't have design elements that make it so you have to schedule your life around the game to do the later.

This is a very valid point .... there is no way to simply grind and grind over a few hours ... instead of the login every 4 hours.

But can you really be able to do both. Logging in every 4 hours for 5 mins IMO is very easy for the vast majority. If the swop and just make you grind. It will be supremely easy for serious players and maybe those with few hours are screwed.
  • johncolombo
    11606 posts Senior Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Don't give up. Just play when you can and get a few trinkets from the demanding events. The only event I had a hard time with was Easter 2014? The one with the boxes and baskets. I just sucked it up and threw a lot of donuts at it till I got sharry bobbins and all the other slighty harder prizes. I'm not proud that I spent all that real money just to complete an event. Ps I needlessly threw a lot of donuts at this event to get a slight edge at the beginning of both acts. Fourtunetly I am usually able to log in 4 times a day but I know a lot of people can't. Good luck and don't let it get to you.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Agreed, I get all the prizes, but it's understandable that people will less time on their hands would definitely not get all the prizes.

But, like others have said, if I could just get the prizes really quickly every time, where would the fun in that be!? :D
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Freemium is hard this time around, especially if you dont play often enough, 3 minimum, 4-5 to be sure.

Often times i use my freemium town play the Act and then post the tips, but this time it was very straight forward, the game was rigged from the beginning if you got in on the "glitches" before they became patched you should've been fine.
    The other way was to invest in the premium items, its the best way to stay on top of things.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.