EA Forums - Banner

We are back!

Replies

• Good to be back
  • Longest days ofmy life!! Glad to see most of you...
  • I'm not alone :)
  • [keanu]Whoa.[/keanu]
  • Wow!!! So different now...but sure nice to have our forum back. <3
  • Woo Hoo!!! When did this happen? I thought there would be some changes, but not this much. This new look will take some getting used to, but I'm glad the forum is back.
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    ;)
    Igcognita wrote: »
    Woo Hoo!!! When did this happen? I thought there would be some changes, but not this much. This new look will take some getting used to, but I'm glad the forum is back.

About 7 hours ago. They were getting ready to upgrade the forums across the board anyway, so the old forum crashing gave the impetus to fast track it, and here we are.

Ideally, we wanted to be able to give advance notice before the change happened, but it seemed it was quicker to get the new forum up and running then it was to fix the old forum.
  • Surprise!
  • I miss the old setup
  • rwvolture wrote: »
    I miss the old setup

Onwards and upwards, old chap, onwards and upwards! You'll get used to it ;)

• It's finally back. But after 4 years of visiting the forum multiple times a day, this new setup will take some getting used to. I'm all for the changes and upgrades though... so far.
  • mwdalton wrote: »
    They were getting ready to upgrade the forums across the board anyway, so the old forum crashing gave the impetus to fast track it, and here we are.

Ideally, we wanted to be able to give advance notice before the change happened, but it seemed it was quicker to get the new forum up and running then it was to fix the old forum.

So how many days did they spend trying to fix the old forums? How much time did they spend getting the new forum up and running?

• mwdalton wrote: »
    They were getting ready to upgrade the forums across the board anyway, so the old forum crashing gave the impetus to fast track it, and here we are.

So how many days did they spend trying to fix the old forums? How much time did they spend getting the new forum up and running?

Pretty much the whole time it was down, I guess. And then the last few days fast-tracking the new forum.

• Oooo...it's all pretty and shiny and new B) happy we have this forum back.
    D'oh!!
  • I like how it gets me to the new posts immediately, and posting is the same page so no extra loading.
  • It's so different I didn't even recognize it at first, but i'm glad it's back.
  • It's about time. New shiny firm, I like it. Now we need to find out who broke the forum in the first place B)
  • 48/62 are guests (now). Now we can see who lurking in the shadows B)
  • A big 'thank you' to LPN (as always!), JC, Wadebear, Dee, Nissa and anyone else who contributed and kept us up to date on various other forum formats whilst this one was down.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • its like a new toy, and as others have said this will take some getting used to.

thanks to all that kept us informed and had and helped in other forums
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish