EA Forums - Banner

We are back!

Replies

• Wow.... I was soooo lost without all of you.
  • I use an ad blocker on my iPad and had to disable it in order to be able to see any comments. What are you folks trying to sell me?!
  • johncolombo
    11503 posts Senior Moderator
    HisWrath wrote: »
    I use an ad blocker on my iPad and had to disable it in order to be able to see any comments. What are you folks trying to sell me?!

I have adblock on my desktop and it's not disrupting anything.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I commented in the "new style" thread. But I guess I could ask it here. Can anyone give me an good explanation as to why it was shut down? And Besides the obvious new 'look' and new forum base. I doubt that was the reason, since it gave me and I assume others a error message especially the last 2 days it completely was shut down and had a "red" 402 error saying I had no permission. Are we pretending that didn't happen????
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Hey everybody, been missing the forums, glad to be back too.
  • @mwdalton not sure where to post feedback so I guess I'll just write it here. Just went to the Recent Topics tab and noticed that all the announcements from all sub-forums are pinned there. And those are a lot. Would be better to make that a bit more userfriendly cause you have to scoll down quite a bit to actually see any recent topic the way it's now.
  • Brabsel wrote: »
    @mwdalton not sure where to post feedback so I guess I'll just write it here. Just went to the Recent Topics tab and noticed that all the announcements from all sub-forums are pinned there. And those are a lot. Would be better to make that a bit more userfriendly cause you have to scoll down quite a bit to actually see any recent topic the way it's now.

Okey dokey, will take a look.
    1pillform wrote: »
    I commented in the "new style" thread. But I guess I could ask it here. Can anyone give me an good explanation as to why it was shut down? And Besides the obvious new 'look' and new forum base. I doubt that was the reason, since it gave me and I assume others a error message especially the last 2 days it completely was shut down and had a "red" 402 error saying I had no permission. Are we pretending that didn't happen????

The old forum was old and buggy, and it crashed.
    ForumNerds wrote: »
    Isn't direwolf a moderator anymore? He is currently labeled as a lowly "member" ... has he stepped down? Was it voluntary? If it wasn't voluntary, could one of the moderators please post the PM exchange in which direwolf was demoted?

Lol, Dire is still a mod.
  • johncolombo
    I tried to explain this in other threads, as of right now Dalton you have the only mod designation. Congrats!
  • @mwdalton just gotta say I love your avatar! So perfect for a mod lol

Not sure this is just me but I'm finding I need to tap post, save,edit etc 2ce for each application. Not sure if that's supposed to be like that.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • I don't know where to post this so I'm posting this here. I'm trying to change my avatar I'm uploading gif avatars but they keep getting defaulted to stills after I add them. Can anyone help me with this? I'm really missing the old format where we can keep just put in url's instead of having to open up saved files.
  • johncolombo
    download gif, go to settings, upload , should work, mine did
  • I don't know where to post this so I'm posting this here. I'm trying to change my avatar I'm uploading gif avatars but they keep getting defaulted to stills after I add them. Can anyone help me with this? I'm really missing the old format where we can keep just put in url's instead of having to open up saved files.

Hmm, not sure, my gif was here when I logged in..
  • johncolombo
    let me do a quick upload of my halloween gif to test BRB
  • I tried an animated Christmas avatar and it went to still too...but there are some who do have animated avatars working. Maybe it was because they were there before the change.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I tried an animated Christmas avatar and it went to still too...but there are some who do have animated avatars working. Maybe it was because they were there before the change.

My old one worked after the change. I made the mistake of trying to change it and now I'm wishing I didn't.
  • johncolombo
    yep my animated came back still.
    ;-(
  • Guess that is a warning to all, if you want to change your avatar from an animated one to another animated one, don't do it yet.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• Hopefully this gets straightened out soon. :/
  • johncolombo
    but I was able to post an animated gif, makes no sense
  • Seems like gifs work in posts but become stills in avatars.