EA Forums - Banner

We are back!

123457Next

Replies

• johncolombo
    11504 posts Senior Moderator
    Seems like gifs work in posts but become stills in avatars.

yeah now we know, I loved my animated gif avatars. However it may be able to be worked out. If it worked once why not again?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • So happy this forum is up and running. Takes a little getting used to.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • Seems like gifs work in posts but become stills in avatars.

yeah now we know, I loved my animated gif avatars. However it may be able to be worked out. If it worked once why not again?

Eeee, well I won't be changing my avatar, then, I'd hate to lose Ol' Shifty..
  • Wow I don't like this new look at all. Mark me down as confused.
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

• I've always read this forum, but never really commented because the format was too awkward for me as a mobile user.
    I actually really like it now, and may actually participate!
  • I've always read this forum, but never really commented because the format was too awkward for me as a mobile user.
    I actually really like it now, and may actually participate!

Welcome to the de-lurkers club! :lol:
  • Formatting in posts...that's nice. But for the rest, I guess the jury is still out. At the moment, I think the posts take up much too much space so that you see fewer per page. Not too happy about that. Hopefully there will be some tweaking as this settles in.
  • ForumNerds wrote: »
    Isn't direwolf a moderator anymore? He is currently labeled as a lowly "member" ... has he stepped down? Was it voluntary? If it wasn't voluntary, could one of the moderators please post the PM exchange in which direwolf was demoted?
    Ya, still a moderator. Or at least I still have mod privileges. Busy weekend and haven't had time to adjust yet. Will have to do it when I get to work on Monday so everyone behave :p;)B)
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Seems like gifs work in posts but become stills in avatars.

Because when you upload a gif as an avatar the software converts and probably resizes it.
    When I look at my avatar on my profile page it's huge, and since I sized it for the forum square it's all blurry from being stretched.
  • I don't like change
  • rolybert7 wrote: »
    I don't like change
    Then give it to me. Money's money whether it be metal or paper. It all spends the same. >:)
  • They ruined our home :(
  • without the images in the signatures it ruins the whole thing! I miss myoGZqUp2_zps90c2ed4c.png
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    rolybert7 wrote: »
    without the images in the signatures it ruins the whole thing! I miss myoGZqUp2_zps90c2ed4c.png

Yeah, I miss mine, too.

I'm hoping we get them back.
  • If a thread has a new post it's cute that it has a little yellow marker, but it needs to rotate the thread to the top of the list as well. I found this one 2 pages back and I had been watching for it. Would have lost it all together if I didn't go wandering.

Still seriously hate the huge blocking :(
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • it's so much FASTER!!!

I spent like 5 minutes pondering this just now.
  • spritals148
    1892 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    That was 5 minutes ripped away from your life!!!!!!
    Edit: keyboard emojis don't work. Pointless point.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.