EA Forums - Banner

Colleting or not?

Prev1
I don't think anyone knows if you visit them or not tbh but it's always nice to be a good neighbour. I have a couple million too but when I have time I still vandalise all your neighbourhoods :)

Replies

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I have 3 million, one row of land left to buy, more decorations than my game can apparently handle so I have no need of more money.

I still collect. If you don't? Your rating goes down....way down....righteousness rating virtually disappears.

So break it up. Stop doing the friend thing and just visit about 8 neighbors a day to vandalize their towns. You won't make all that much money and your rating stays up. The next day, visit a different 8 and so on and so on.
  • missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    :) thats what I am doing, but the money piles up . I am now sending the most of my characters on 12 hour tasks, because, its a bit less money than 3x 4 hours . I am just afraid this is going to be boring after a while with nothing more to do. The bonuses are great, but I leked it when I had to wait a few days to go buying stuff, My goal was simple, if I have this amount I can buy that, and now.... I just have to spend it without any effort.
  • missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I have 3 million, one row of land left to buy, more decorations than my game can apparently handle so I have no need of more money.

I still collect. If you don't? Your rating goes down....way down....righteousness rating virtually disappears.

So break it up. Stop doing the friend thing and just visit about 8 neighbors a day to vandalize their towns. You won't make all that much money and your rating stays up. The next day, visit a different 8 and so on and so on.

This I could do, ooooh I am so stupid hahahaha

I noticed with my bonus I earn on a 600$ job 900, si it goes way to fast!
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    missyolga wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

This I could do, ooooh I am so stupid hahahaha

I noticed with my bonus I earn on a 600$ job 900, si it goes way to fast!

Some people did warn this would happen with the friend bonus, lol.

Become a gambler, blow your money on Springfield Downs.

Gut your town and completely redesign it. Do it about once a week. Just throwing some ideas out there for fun things to do.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    I have a similar problem ive got everyone on 24hr tasks at the moment, got over 6mil almost 7million in the bank (so wish it was real money lol) I still visit my neighbours and mainly just vandal the properties :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    You guys could also store some of your premium items to lower your bonus.

Benefits of doing this:

You are no longer a desirable town so people stop popping in and out therefore crashing your town (I'm not buying the informal study done here saying that it doesn't effect game play, I think it does).

You stop making so much money.

Your town becomes more stable.

Store extra decorations that are increasing the bonus.
  • missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    [quote=lissarv68

Some people did warn this would happen with the friend bonus, lol.

Become a gambler, blow your money [/quote]

Ok really stupid now, what is that friend bonus? :lol: if you mean the in and out thing, I did that twice but wasnt getting the big taps I heard, and I always crashed so I am not doing this anymore.

The gambling thing i could do that 8) , so off to the races :-)
  • missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

You are no longer a desirable town so people stop popping in and out therefore crashing your town (I'm not buying the informal study done here saying that it doesn't effect game play, i think it does

I think it does too, I noticed when I am collecting or sending characters on task and I have a visitor at that moment, everything is getting pretty weird to tap .
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited January 2013
    Think I'm gonna head to the races too, I have 5 mill but still have to build the burns mansion and decorate it but that still leaves a good 4.7 mill! I have my characters on tasks I like or 24 hour tasks but I still get near a grand off the 24 hr task which is annoying! Was going to buy a fleet of ambulances for when my hospital has finished building but I won't now. I cannot take any more crashing! At this point, money becomes so irrelevant and piles up so quickly.
  • GKpiggy
    148 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've already stopped visiting everyone for the $$$, do it to vandalize and more importantly look around nice towns. With the rush to get Christmas coins it was hard to stop and look around, and if you're visiting 100 people it already takes too long. If you go to 10 or 20 a day, though, you can vandalize and look at towns. Nice stuff out there, good ideas, etc.

Another thing I've been pondering is starting a second game. Start from scratch, rekindle that feeling a little. Especially works if you're already doing 24-hour tasks on your first game. Spend a little time with the original each day, or more when redesigning, but start a fresh game and do things differently.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    You are no longer a desirable town so people stop popping in and out therefore crashing your town (I'm not buying the informal study done here saying that it doesn't effect game play, I think it does).
    It was actually not informal, but rather as scientific and controlled as possible. It took quite a bit of time, and was only done as a service to this community. You're welcome.

Oh, and if you are convinced that your wives tales are true, perhaps you should put together a similar experiment and share the results that refute the scientific research that has already been done.
  • shabu922
    176 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I've got $9.5 million, all the land, lots of decorationsand houses, and 100 friends. I've had nowhere near the crashing problems everyone describes here - in fact, I'm sometimes on for an hour at a stretch redoing my town since there's nothing more to do. I would bet your local internet is the cause of your crashes. Last time I checked, I was crashing maybe twice a week, playing several times a day. How reliable is your internet provider?
  • missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    It is not the provider I am sure of it , the problem is +_ solved for me, however when I have visitors in my town when I am collecting or sending characters on a task my game is a bit "trembly"
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    It was actually not informal, but rather as scientific and controlled as possible. It took quite a bit of time, and was only done as a service to this community. You're welcome.

Oh, and if you are convinced that your wives tales are true, perhaps you should put together a similar experiment and share the results that refute the scientific research that has already been done.

Where were the results posted? Sorry, I remember the thread discussing it yesterday, but can't find it. Thanks in advance.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Where were the results posted? Sorry, I remember the thread discussing it yesterday, but can't find it. Thanks in advance.
    Here is Petergeenen's post of the results:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/9243836.page#26777782
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    I couldnt resist today, and finalized to buy all the land..

Well still crashing to me, but whatever. ...now, i think that money, is just for new updates... I stopped to visit my friends, because xp and money, now, dont make difference for me...
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Wow, rude.....much?

And perhaps if you knew anything about scientific experiments then you would realize that it takes more than two subjects to have an actual scientific finding.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Let's try and keep the ugliness and attitudes out of it. It is after all just a game.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Wow, rude.....much?

And perhaps if you knew anything about scientific experiments then you would realize that it takes more than two subjects to have an actual scientific finding.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Let's try and keep the ugliness and attitudes out of it.

Not for nothing, but I didn't find dcline's answer rude much at all. Unless you are extra offended by "wives tales" for some reason, I'd say that both comments are about equal on the Rude and Defensive scales.
  • Jopa79
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Wow, rude.....much?

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Let's try and keep the ugliness and attitudes out of it. It is after all just a game.

More experiments it is!
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited January 2013
    I am going to start 24 hour tasks for my characters for a few days and maybe try my hand at the races a few times. I still visit my neighbors daily, but I never do the "bonus" trick. I tried it a couple times early on, but was never patient enough to really benefit from it, so I gave up. I enjoy seeing their towns change and grow and I don't have the willpower to look, but not vandalize. :-) I never imagined I would have too much money!!! Geez, I remember not so long ago I was hustling and scraping to save up cash for the apartment building-my how things have changed. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!