EA Forums - Banner

What Changed With the EA Forum Update? (Update: 10/19)

Replies

• Thank goodness it's back...I mean how in the world could I figure things out without this place? It has been interesting not being able to check on things here...
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The post count has vanished

It might only be visible on the full site, not on mobile

My post count says 11355
  • Wow, this is awkward and clunky.

I missed you guys, but I feel like I'm in 1997 again. What's with this tiny reply box? I'll have you know I'm very claustrophobic.

Does anyone in the know know why this change occurred?

Hjalp!
  • EA reformatted all of it's forums, and installed new board software. At least that's what i thought I read.
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • smohqy wrote: »
    Wow, this is awkward and clunky.

I missed you guys, but I feel like I'm in 1997 again. What's with this tiny reply box? I'll have you know I'm very claustrophobic.

Does anyone in the know know why this change occurred?

Hjalp!

Yeah, the old forums suddenly crashed, so they fast tracked the upgrade to these new forums. Features and stuff will get tweaked as we go along.
  • forum crashed
    installed new version
    ported all in
    now fixing all the new stuff

seems to be what happened in short
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • I'm so glad the forum is back. I was getting withdrawl symptoms. :)
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • The merge function seems to work now! Yay!
  • When looking at some of the old locked posts I found posts attributed to me that were not posted by me. They were from other people who had replied to my posts.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    When looking at some of the old locked posts I found posts attributed to me that were not posted by me. They were from other people who had replied to my posts.

Are you talking about topics? I think that is listing any topics you've posted in...

• i can't edit the signature gives me permission error
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • wadebear wrote: »
    When looking at some of the old locked posts I found posts attributed to me that were not posted by me. They were from other people who had replied to my posts.
    Well, if they're brilliant-sounding, just leave things alone and take credit for them. :mask:

• Ew, this looks terrible. At least it's back, I guess.
  • mwdalton wrote: »
    wadebear wrote: »

Are you talking about topics? I think that is listing any topics you've posted in...

Specifically, this post. The very first post is attributed to me, but that's not my post. That was a reply to my post.
  • :/
    No sir, I just don't like it
  • This certainly looks and works lot better on my phone than the old site did.
  • Thanks for the update LPN. I'm not crazy about the new format, but I'm sure like all changes, I'll get used to it.
  • Yeah, not totally liking the new format so far. I'll try not to be a complainer though until tweaks are made. What forum software is this? I'm assuming it's mobile friendly though unlike the previous version?
  • Yeah wow, a bit of a shock but glad we're back!
  • Yeah, not totally liking the new format so far. I'll try not to be a complainer though until tweaks are made. What forum software is this? I'm assuming it's mobile friendly though unlike the previous version?

Vanilla Forums