EA Forums - Banner

What Changed With the EA Forum Update? (Update: 10/19)

Replies

• What am I missing ~300 posts?
  • Why, rather.
  • smohqy wrote: »
    What am I missing ~300 posts?

Wadebear reported he was credited posts that were actually replies to his, so I guess you're seeing one of the other side effects of the same issue.
  • Im missing 100 posts
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • It would seem that wadebear has been stealing our posts. :naughty:
  • Hi All.
    Boy I missed you guys. I don't post often, but do read what's going on everyday.
    I'm with some of the others. Not really liking this new format, but I'll get used to it.
  • Im missing 100 posts

i was over 10000...
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • I have to scroll back up to the top of the page to get to a link back to game discussion?! We used to have them at both the top and bottom. Unimpressed here - this is messing with my system of minimal effort, grr.
  • ForumNerds wrote: »
    It would seem that wadebear has been stealing our posts. :naughty:
    But then who stole MY posts?
  • Donna4612
    366 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Why are some of the posts closed? Do they have a date limit?

Also, why do I have to hit the post button twice to post?
  • Another complaint (shocker): there's so much space between threads and posts and enforced space between paragraphs within posts, but the links to profiles of thread originators ('originally posted by') and the links to each page of a thread are so tiny and so damn close together! So all this extra space for looking at and where we might want to follow a link everything is all squished together. Even zoomed in as far as possible I keep missing the sweet spot for the link I want and end up somewhere else :(
  • About time...
  • LPNintendoITA
    11610 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    i just want to give up on this. i lost almost 2000 posts. all links are not working. many many many posts got fused (and deleted) with the 1st comment and lost all content. if i post any of my lists they're marked as spam. this forum is basicly. BAH
    you know where to find me anyway. topix or wiki.
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • i just want to give up on this. i lost almost 2000 posts. all links are not working. many many many posts got fused (and deleted) with the 1st comment and lost all content. if i post any of my lists they're marked as spam. this forum is basicly. BAH
    you know where to find me anyway. topix or wiki.

Chin up, LP, we've got basic functionality for now, and there'll be work behind the scenes from Monday to improve the features/functionality/restrictions. It'll get worked out. :)
  • Im missing 100 posts

i was over 10000...
    Geezus! :o You were definitely hit hard!

"The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • 2qxcd55.jpg

123Testing testing ...
  • 00becker wrote: »
    Another complaint (shocker): there's so much space between threads and posts and enforced space between paragraphs within posts, but the links to profiles of thread originators ('originally posted by') and the links to each page of a thread are so tiny and so damn close together! So all this extra space for looking at and where we might want to follow a link everything is all squished together. Even zoomed in as far as possible I keep missing the sweet spot for the link I want and end up somewhere else :(

My point exactly! Everything now takes up too much space. On the old Game Discussion page I could see about 15-20 threads at once. Now, without scrolling, I can see 3 or 4... :-(
    I have to scroll back up to the top of the page to get to a link back to game discussion?! We used to have them at both the top and bottom. Unimpressed here - this is messing with my system of minimal effort, grr.

There is a new feature that is a grey square with a white arrow pointing upwards in it. Click on that and it takes you back to the top of the page without any scrolling.
    I have to scroll back up to the top of the page to get to a link back to game discussion?! We used to have them at both the top and bottom. Unimpressed here - this is messing with my system of minimal effort, grr.

There is a new feature that is a grey square with a white arrow pointing upwards in it. Click on that and it takes you back to the top of the page without any scrolling.

I'm looking for that grey square on my PC and don't see one. Probably not in the code for PC yet? Haven't checked on my android, phone, or iPad yet ... maybe it's whatchamacallit platform-based?

Or maybe I'm not looking in the right spot?
  • Thanks LPN!!!
    It certainly will take some getting used to the new look and feel of the forums. Happy to see it back though, in any form.
    All the best to the mods and thank you all for the good work you do!
    <3