EA Forums - Banner

post and share new features here that you discover

Replies

• Characters that can be typed as described by John, use : then the initial letter of the word you want

Angry :angry:
    Anguished :anguished:
    Astonished :astonished:
    Blush :blush:
    Bawling :bawling:
    Confused :confused:
    Confounded :confounded:
    Cry :cry:
    Cold sweat :cold_sweat:
    Cookie :cookie:
    Disappointed :disappointed:
    Dizzy :dizzy:
    Expressionless :expressionless:
    Error :error:
    Frowning :frowning:
    Fearful :fearful:
    Flushed :flushed:
    Grin :grin:
    Grimace :grimace:
    Grey question :grey_question:
    Hushed :hushed:
    Heart :heart:
    Heart break :heartbreak:
    Innocent :innocent:
    Joy :joy:
    Kissing :kissing:
    Kissing heart :kissing_heart:
    Kissing smiling eyes :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    Kissing closed eyes :kissing_closed_eyes:
    Kiss :kissing:
    Lol :lol:
    Love :love:

Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS

• Mask :mask:
    Mr green :mrgreen:
    Neutral :neutral:
    Naughty :naughty:
    No mouth :no_mouth:
    Open mouth :open_mouth:
    Pensive :pensive:
    Persevere :persevere:
    Relaxed :relaxed:
    Relieved :relieved:
    Rage :rage:
    Smile :smile:
    Smiley :smiley:
    Sweat smile :sweat_smile:
    Sunglasses :sunglasses:
    Smirk :smirk:
    Star :star: ( type : then T to find this one)
    Tongue :tongue:
    Triumph :triumph:
    Tired face :tired_face:
    Troll face :trollface:
    Unamused :unamused:
    Wink :wink:
    Worried :worried:
    Weary :weary:
    Warning :warning:
    Yum :yum:
    Thumb up :+1: ( : followed by 1)
    Thumb down :-1: ( : followed by 1)
  • Forum Change Request:
    This has been mentioned a few times but anyway ... It seems that you only get notice of new posts in threads which you have posted. This is fine but we need to know which threads we have opened and which are new/unopened. This could be as simple as:
    Bolded title text when unopened.
    Normal title text when viewed.
    Now posts count when user has posted.

Agreed. Again, also that threads with new comments should rotate back to the top of the threads list. Behind pinned threads of course. I have had to go three and four pages deep to find a thread I was watching/waiting for response. Sure enough theyhad three or more new posts, but it was way back in the pages.
    Frustrating.

This does happen already though ... You go to sleep and when someone posts in that thread it does pop to the top of the list. Then it keeps dropping until you get a new post. So if your off a long time you need to go further down the list.

I see your point in that generally if you post, you want to keep up on a thread but not always. I tend to respond to a lot of threads. So often I want to answer a question but then ignore the thread.

Now if you could follow a thread which would mean that it remains at the top that would be cool.
    So you have
    1)stickies
    2) Following - Maybe limit to 5
    3) Posted
    4) New/unposted - or combine 3/4 if you want.

PS.... Please increase option for increased number of threads on one page ... I used to view 100. Currently there is 4 stickies plus 20..... please make option for minimum 50 total.

• Is there anything that clearly shows that a mod is a mod?
    @stinkbugger none that I can see or find yet, if there is then it's either well hidden or I'm blind.
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    Did you guys see the statistics for this new forum server's activity? I assume it includes our history, so It really illustrates what we do here. Talk. A lot.

The other forums for hockey, nfl, etc, have like 20-100 total topics. We have like 80000. And over 700000 replies in GD. That's quite a difference. We really stand out.
    @4junk3000 guess that it proves that either we have lots to discuss, way more problems with tapped out than other games or we just like chatting to others on the forum :smiley:
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Testing .... It's alive

• Is there anything that clearly shows that a mod is a mod?

Only on the full site, in the mobile site you actually need to click on my name to go to my profile to see I'm a mod.

I've added that to a list of suggested improvements.
  • Fun post @Muhsterino with the emojis! Fun fact: I thought your name was MUSHterino. Huh.
  • @maryclaire1 - thanks! It took me quite a while doing it this morning, especially when I realised I had to post it as 2 separate posts, as it was too long to post it all in one.
    Haha, the auto-correct had my name as ' Munster inorganic' in another thread!! The start of my IGN comes from what my daughters call me, as I hated being called Mother (way too formal) so they shorten it to Muh instead.
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    @maryclaire1 - thanks! It took me quite a while doing it this morning, especially when I realised I had to post it as 2 separate posts, as it was too long to post it all in one.
    Haha, the auto-correct had my name as ' Munster inorganic' in another thread!! The start of my IGN comes from what my daughters call me, as I hated being called Mother (way too formal) so they shorten it to Muh instead.

@Muhsterino Cute! I like Munster inorganic! :grin:
  • :heart:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • It looks as though the avatars of 'who's online' are in alphabetical order. I wonder if the total is across all the EA forum formats, as I looked at a few of the greyed-out ones (by double tapping them) and it seemed that most had posts on other games.
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    It looks as though the avatars of 'who's online' are in alphabetical order. I wonder if the total is across all the EA forum formats, as I looked at a few of the greyed-out ones (by double tapping them) and it seemed that most had posts on other games.

Yep if you jump into each forum they all show the same numbers and users ... so its a pretty poor number to be across 6 games.
  • At least :mrgreen: is still here! :D
  • @JoshSherer What do you think about these changes?
  • Yeah Moxxee, where is this infamous Josh? We need his comment on this.
    Back to topic, sometimes when I hit recent topics I get:
    Phantom penalties, Stick lift, NHL time warp Bug ...that must have been some event that I missed lol.

And the main screen for EA Forums all games show up, except the Simpsons Tapped Out. It still works just no pic. ..blank
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • @Muhsterino .....Love the smilies list
  • A tip from Simp7fan in another thread about deleting PM's. When you go into each mail,
    It looks like "leave conversation" deletes it for you. I tried it with one and it appears gone.
  • Sadly the button is not there on mobile. This mobile/desktop division is starting to **** me off. (In a calm, I won't really murder anyone, kind of way.)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    Sadly the button is not there on mobile. This mobile/desktop division is starting to **** me off. (In a calm, I won't really murder anyone, kind of way.)

I just deleted all mine on iPad.
    You have to select each message then leave conversation.