EA Forums - Banner

What music are you listening to right now (v. 2.0)?

Replies

• Brook Benton singing “Rainy Night in Georgia” from his 1969 album Brook Benton Today. The song was written in 1967 by Tony Joe White. Benton’s version of the song is by far the best known, although it’s been covered numerous times. In the U.S., the Benton version reached Number 1 on the Billboard Soul Singles chart, Number 4 on the Hot 100, and Number 2 on the Adult Contemporary chart.

Wonderful song. I was going to post it earlier, but this silly forum wouldn't let me post songs yesterday.

It's still raining here - cyclone cook apparently.

• “I Love a Rainy Night” was a huge crossover hit in 1980 for the late country performer, Eddie Rabbitt. The song was written by Rabbitt, Even Stevens, and David Malloy.
  • Dang. J. Geils has passed away. One of my favorite memories is attending a J. Geils concert in a small college gym along with a smallish crowd of about 1K raucous fans. Great fun.

“Centerfold”, which went to Number 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, comes from the group’s 1981 album Freeze Frame.
  • Lately listening to hits from Tears for Fears. Probably influenced by the re-release of Donnie Darko
  • Sergei Rachmaninoff’s Isle of the Dead, Op. 29, written and first performed in 1909. The symphonic poem was inspired Arnold Böcklin’s painting of the same name. In the YouTube clip, Arnold Davis conducts the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    Im listening to Incubus 8 right now. Its really good.
  • Currently listening to the waves on a Mexican beach..... :sunglasses:
  • johncolombo
    11634 posts Senior Moderator
    moxxee wrote: »
    Currently listening to the waves on a Mexican beach..... :sunglasses:

did you win the lotto mox? You're never around much and seem to be on vacations a lot
    :D
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • 4junk3000
    6347 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    It WAS dead silence, at like 1am... until this really creepy owl squawked outside my window and scared the poo out of me! Holy moley was that loud, unexpected, and just creepy! Brr!

OK glad you guys were here and I'm not all alone in the dark right now... :#
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • johncolombo
    11634 posts Senior Moderator
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    It WAS dead silence, at like 1am... until this really creepy owl squawked outside my window and scared the poo out of me! Holy moldy was that loud, unexpected, and just creepy! Brr!

OK glad you guys were here and I'm not all alone in the dark now... :#

I'm here and listening to my dryer refresh my dish towels.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    Just woke up and listening to the birds singing, must be the dawn chorus. I live next to a woodland area.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • Donna Murphy (as Fosca) singing “Loving You” in a performance of Stephen Sondheim’s 1994 musical, Passion.
  • The Boston Civic Symphony performing the orchestral suite from Walter Piston’s 1938 ballet, The Incredible Flutist.
  • Love You Like a Love Song - love Tessa Violet's (Meekakitty) vid:

I'm a pop junkie who loves gore, so this makes me happy.
  • Listening to an oldie, “Reminiscing”, a 1978 hit by the Little River Band.
  • Listening to an oldie, “Reminiscing”, a 1978 hit by the Little River Band.

Awesome choice B)

• 4junk3000
    6347 posts Member
    The lunatic, is on the grass....

This just came on the radio as I looked at the thread title in the list of OT. Synchroneous!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • kymagirl
    155 posts Member
    Leave Me Alone ... which is what I tell my coworkers when it's lunchtime & I just want to zone out to my playlist

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    “It’s Not the Spotlight” is an older song written by the late Jerry Goffin and Barry Goldberg, and first appeared on Goffin’s 1973 album, It Ain’t Exactly Entertainment. The clip below is from a cover by Beth Orton. As best I can determine her version was an outtake from her 1996 album, Trailer Park (the song later appeared as a bonus track on a reissue). I first heard this version playing over the final moments of the 1999 film, Stir of Echoes.

• kymagirl
    155 posts Member
    Spacer by Sheila & B. Devotion. One of my favorite disco tunes - makes me happy to start my day with.