EA Forums - Banner

What music are you listening to right now (v. 2.0)?

Replies

• 168sean168
    4419 posts Member
    mwnd1980 wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Beatles! Just finished Day Tripper and moving onto We Can Work It Out.

Nice. I like Beatles

Ditto! They are my favorite band, with the Alan Parsons Project in second.

I like the Alan thingy too. I have their greatest hits. Other groups I like is Bread, OMD, Tears for Fears, Bee Gees, a-Ha
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Beatles! Just finished Day Tripper and moving onto We Can Work It Out.

Nice. I like Beatles

Ditto! They are my favorite band, with the Alan Parsons Project in second.

I like the Alan thingy too. I have their greatest hits. Other groups I like is Bread, OMD, Tears for Fears, Bee Gees, a-Ha

Remember going through a fairly intense Parsons phase when younger. Here’s one of my faves, “One More River” from 1978’s Pyramid.

• 168sean168
    4419 posts Member
    The song I remember the most from Alan Parsons is Eye in the Sky :smile:
  • 168sean168
    4419 posts Member
    This song keeps playing in my mind now. Further reinforced by my Gym who used it in a Party Jam Dance Class

• Ya sorry. This always makes me smile and is such a catchy tune :D
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    “L’Enfant”, from the 1979 Vangelis album Opéra sauvage. Although Opéra sauvage was a soundtrack album for the nature documentary by Frédéric Rossif, “L’Enfant” is probably most recognizable as part of the score of the 1982 Peter Weir film The Year of Living Dangerously.
    Post edited by KrustyBrand on
  • I'm loving this one at the moment.
    Here have a banana!!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”, from the 1985 Tears for Fears album, Songs from the Big Chair.

• 168sean168
    4419 posts Member
    “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”, from the 1985 Tears for Fears album, Songs from the Big Chair.

One of my favourite song and group. This song somehow affects me emotionally
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member

One of my favourite song and group. This song somehow affects me emotionally

I really liked Songs from the Big Chair at the time of its release, but now, in hindsight, it seems to me even more consequential — really a landmark album of the 80s.

• 168sean168
    4419 posts Member
    The Wonder Woman appearance theme keeps appearing in my mind ever since Wonder Woman came out. I have not watched the movie but I first heard it in Batman Vs Superman. I don't know why but the string instrument caused my heart to palpitate. :smile:

I think No Man's Land from the soundtrack is her signature tune
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    As most here have probably already heard or read, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band recently turned 50. Here’s “A Day in the Life”, the final cut from what some critics have described as rock’s greatest album.

• I love almost everything from Glee except anything by Kurt
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Fifty years ago today, Aretha Franklin’s cover of “Respect” sat atop the Billboard Hot 100. The song was written (and performed) by Otis Redding, appearing on 1965’s Otis Blue. Although Redding’s version was modestly successful, Franklin’s later re-working of the song proved to be an international hit.
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    aafje heynis

i very much doubt that any of you finished listening this to the end :)
    Post edited by 94nt3nb31n on
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    pevh wrote: »
    aafje heynis

Neat recording. Ms. Heynis passed away not that long ago (2015 at 91 years of age).

• joep beving. hanging d
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Jazz pianist Brad Mehldau’s cover of the 1966 Burt Bacharach-Hal David song, “Alfie”. The Mehldau performance appears on his 2004 Live in Tokyo album.
  • priscilla white;.... lost innocence.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Linda Eder performing “It’s Time”, composed by Jack Murphy and Frank Wildhorn; title track from the 1997 album.