EA Forums - Banner

What music are you listening to right now (v. 2.0)?

Replies

• A smooth jazz piece, “Cool of the Night”, from guitarist Joyce Cooling’s 2006 album, Revolving Door.
  • “We Could Run”, from Beth Ditto’s recently released Fake Sugar.
  • you should rename this thread to kb's jazz corner.
    a lovely personal thread for you to enjoy.
  • Castiel_Touk
    4806 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Here's my new favourite one.
    Here have a banana!!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    “Black Cow”, from the 1977 Steely Dan album, Aja.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    An old song, “Albert Flasher”, by the Canadian pop/rock group, The Guess Who. The song was not originally released on a studio album, but instead first showed up in 1971 as the B side of “Broken”. “Broken” never really received much air play, but “Albert Flasher” managed to break into Billboard’s Hot 100.

There’s a story (probably apocryphal) purporting to explain how Burton Cummings came up with the song’s title. I’ve never heard a cogent explanation for the lyrics which strike me as pure nonsense. But I still like the song.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Here’s a selection from let me tell you, a song cycle for soprano and orchestra by the Danish composer Hans Abrahamsen. It’s based on the 2008 novel of the same name by Paul Griffiths. The composition received a world premiere (with soprano Barbara Hannigan and the Berlin Philharmonic under the direction of Andris Nelsons) on December 20, 2013. A recording was released last year.

• Just watched this about an hour ago.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • 168sean168
    4419 posts Member
    I am watching Psy's New Face daily on YouTube. The dance moves are hynoptisingly captivating
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    “White City Fighting”, from the Peter Townsend 1985 album, White City: A Novel.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I was listening recently to an interview with Barbara Cook, whose autobiography, Then and Now, was just issued in paperback. Which prompted me to go digging for YouTube clips of Cook performances. In this one Cook sings “Long Before I Knew You”. The song was performed as part of medley on her 2007 album, No One Is Alone, and originally comes from the Betty Comden/Adolph Green/Julie Styne 1956 musical, Bells Are Ringing.

Post edited by KrustyBrand on
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    probably not to your liking [edited]but then again; why not. who knows maybe there is someone civilised out there.
  • @pevh Renaissance Period music is one of my favorite genres. I believe myself and others have posted examples on here, so no need in feeling alone.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    “Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want”, by the Smiths, was originally released as the B-side of “William, It Was Really Nothing” in 1984.
  • Funny you should post that @pevh I was just checking through old play lists and I noticed that I was listening to a lot of Jordi Savall et co. at one point.

• “Feel It Still”, from the 2017 album by Portugal. The Man, Woodstock.
  • Man, my memory is like swiss cheese. I 've been trying to remember the name of a Brazilian singer that sung in French, at least if my memory serves right :D

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I hadn’t thought about this song in ages and for some reason it popped into my brain last evening and has been bouncing around in there since then. “Resurrection Shuffle” (released as a single in 1970) was the sole hit (and a modest one at that) by the short-lived trio, Ashton, Gardner and Dyk3. Nice horn section.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    The title track to the 1993 album by the Mavericks, What a Crying Shame.

• I'm in love with Raul Malo from The Mavericks. His voice is gorgeous. I could never resist a man who could make me cry while he sings.