EA Forums - Banner

What music are you listening to right now (v. 2.0)?

Replies

• simpsonare
    2174 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Blue October - Into The Ocean

I've been getting into childhood songs much more lately.
  • johncolombo
    11124 posts Senior Moderator
    edited May 2018
    I've been listing to lot of easy listening from the late 60's early 70's. Reminds me of being a kid in the summer. ;)
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    “Crosstown Kids”, from the 1995 album Larry & Lee, a collaborative effort of the two jazz guitarists, Larry Carlton and Lee Ritenour.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    From a 7 June article in The New York Times:
    On Friday, Impulse! will announce the June 29 release of “Both Directions at Once: The Lost Album,” a full set of material recorded by the [John Coltrane] quartet on a single day in March 1963, then eventually stashed away and lost. The family of Coltrane’s first wife, Juanita Naima Coltrane, recently discovered his personal copy of the recordings, which she had saved, and brought it to the label’s attention.
    “In 1963, all these musicians [in addition to Coltrane, bassist Jimmy Garrison, drummer Elvin Jones, and pianist McCoy Tyner] are reaching some of the heights of their musical powers,” said the saxophonist Ravi Coltrane, John Coltrane’s son, who helped prepare “Both Directions at Once” for release. “On this record, you do get a sense of John with one foot in the past and one foot headed toward his future.”

In anticipation of this I’ve been listening to Coltrane’s A Love Supreme. Released in 1965, it’s considered by most to be Coltrane’s masterpiece and is one of the most acclaimed jazz albums of all time.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I recently went to see jazz pianist Diana Krall in concert. She’s touring to promote her latest studio album, Turn up the Quiet, a standards collection. This album marks the last one that will involve her long-time producer and friend Tommy LiPuma, who passed away last year. In the clip below she covers the 1927 Irving Berlin song, “Blue Skies”.
  • 168sean168
    3462 posts Member
    I recently went to see jazz pianist Diana Krall in concert. She’s touring to promote her latest studio album, Turn up the Quiet, a standards collection. This album marks the last one that will involve her long-time producer and friend Tommy LiPuma, who passed away last year. In the clip below she covers the 1927 Irving Berlin song, “Blue Skies”.

I got all her albums upto a certain point.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »

I got all her albums upto a certain point.

I think I have them all. I wasn’t as pleased with her last few efforts, Glad Rag Doll (2012) and Wallflower (2015), but thought that Turn up the Quiet represented something of a return to earlier form, although fans looking for Krall to branch out artistically might come away disappointed.
  • Try not to smile.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I was listening to a podcast yesterday discussing the recent Tony awards and, more specifically, David Yazbek’s The Band’s Visit, which won the award for best musical. I liked that show quite a bit, but my favorite Yazbek musical remains 2005’s Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. “Chimp in a Suit” is a short song from that show.
  • 168sean168
    3462 posts Member

Westworld : Paint it Black - Ramin Djawadi (Season 2) Shogun Scene

A Japanese version of this terrific music
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I was watching the recently aired segment of “Carpool Karaoke” that featured James Corden and Paul McCartney and, as a consequence, have been listening to a few of the old Beatles tunes that the segment highlighted. “Penny Lane”, primarily written by McCartney, was first released as part of a double A-side single along with “Strawberry Fields Forever” in early 1967.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I was recently listening to a podcast do a retrospective look at the career of R.E.M. “Stand” was the second single from their 1989 album, Green.
  • If I had wings, I wouldn't do anything beautiful or transcendent.
    No, I'd get my finger into everything I wanted.
    I'd do all the beautiful things, those things you can't do.
    Because nobody wants you to be able to do the things that make you feel good.
    Like you can't smoke on the airplane.
    I remember smoking on the airplane.
    I used to love to the smoke on the airplane.

• Aretha Franklin passed away today. Very depressing.

”Think” was released as single in 1968, from her Aretha Now album. The song, a feminist anthem, reached No. 7 on Billboard Hot 100, becoming Franklin’s seventh top 10 hit in the United States. The longer version featured in the clip below is from a musical sequence in the 1980 film The Blues Brothers.

• George Michael & Aretha Franklin

I listened to this song back in the days. Now both of them are not with us anymore but their music will live on.
  • Don't project
    Don't connect
    Protect
    Don't expect
    Suggest

• Bomp bom diddy diddy
    Bomp bom diddy diddy
    Bomp bom diddy
    Police encounters