EA Forums - Banner

Re-Doing My Springfiield...Any Suggestions!?

There are loads of threads to do with what they have done with certain buildings, like: church, hosiptal, mapple store, barney bowlarama etc

The hospital one if you just search "Hospital" it will come up :) the others may be under "What have you done with..." etc etc

Hope that helps you :):mrgreen:

Replies

• Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    Try organizing your buildings based on districts such as a residential area based on classes - brown houses representing the lower class, pink the medium and blue being the upper class - each house being better designed that the last - have community parks such as a pond with trees surrounding it and some benches - put the k-mark, bowling ally and the burger place within the design of your residential area to act as local stores. Try to design the roads and the placement for your buildings in a patterned format , making everything look organized :) Also, I did the exact same and it looks pretty - also try to have the school nearby and also you can have a downtown area - I'm currently working on my school and downtown area. Also, my next objective is to create a beach! Since theres some beach like decorations like the volleyball net and the lawn chairs lol

Hope this helps! I would post a screenshot of my WHOLE springfield but don't know how.

Oh one more thing, the nuclear plant and prison should be in a isolated place from civilization since they're considered a harm - maybe place them at the farthest point of your springfield.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    For me, I usually have an idea of how I want to decorate and place some areas or buildings. I move everything to the bottom of the map, and then I start placing and decorating the buildings and places I have ideas for. That part of the redesign is easy. Next I start placing the buildings I don't have ideas for. Those buildings usually get moved/adjusted quite a bit, but that trial and error process usually creates some nice designs that become favorites and staples in my town. Whatever you do, wait to place a lot of decorations until you are SURE what location you want your building. It really sucks to place 20+ decorations, and then realize you want to move your building 10 squares over (or 5 squares, or 1 square). Good luck!

edited to add: Use the link in my signature to find decorating ideas if you are stuck.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.