EA Forums - Banner

KEM farming strategies

Prev13
1SmallFoot
82 posts Member
edited October 2016
So, your Conform-o-meter is high now and you start wondering whether paying cash for attempts during level ups or bonuts levels is worth it. Isn't it better to spend the same amount to level up and get more donuts this way? The general answer is "yes, you should change your strategy at high enough CoM".

There are four strategies:
1. Pay cash every time until you get 3 donuts
2. Pay cash only if you get 1 donut in the box (until you find 3) and don't do that if you get 2. The reason is that you get +2 donuts if you start from the baseline of 1 and only +1 if you hit 2 donuts on your first attempt.
3. Pay cash for just one box if you found 1 donut on your first attempt. Don't pay if you found 2 donuts on your second attempt. Also don't pay if you initially found 2 donuts on your first attempt.
4. Don't pay cash regardless of your donuts outcome on the first choice.

The choice of strategy depends on your CoM (including hidden SH bonus) and the price for having the second chance. I don't show the math here, just the final result. The assumptions are: (1) Use KEM farming for saved cash, (2) KEM price of additional units is $14.4K - $3.6K in resale, (3) 5x multiplier is always on

50K for the second chance (lvl 939+):
Always pay: M<517.1%
Pay only if get 1: 517.1%<M<897%
Pay once if get 1: 897%<M<1520%
Never pay: M>1520%
The first three strategies are basically identical within 10% error between 0 and 1300% CoM, does not really matter which one to chose unless you are perfectionist.

150K for the second chance (level up is free in find Maggie and bonuts, just pay for additional chances)
Always pay: M<0.5% (basically always is a bad idea if you are 939+)
Pay only if get 1: 0.5%<M<217.5% (always pay for KEM farming)
Never pay: M>217.5% (use appropriate strategy from the table above)
Here the transitions between strategies of using $150K for the second chances do matter, use the guidelines to maximize your output. Stop using "always pay" strategy @ $150K if you use KEM farming (you lose 1/3 of a donut but save $75K instead).

Edit: Added one more stategy
Post edited by 1SmallFoot on

Replies

• My brain hurts reading this :s
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Your title for this thread is woefully misleading @1SmallFoot or maderator .... Please change Thread heading to Bonuts Box strategy
  • Seriously there is a body too short limit .... thats stupid .... what if I just want to add an image ??nyufMSb.png
  • Seriously there is a body too short limit .... thats stupid .... what if I just want to add an image ??
    ypmW178.png
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Seriously there is a body too short limit .... thats stupid .... what if I just want to add an image ??
    XGlEDuj.png
  • Seriously there is a body too short limit .... thats stupid .... what if I just want to add an image ??
    s6oB9iz.png
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    can someone summarise this KEM strategy in under 20 words?

eg 'buy 40 kwikemarts, then sell them all right away, then buy another 40...repeat every 4 hours'

:neutral:
  • chrisgyo wrote: »

eg 'buy 40 kwikemarts, then sell them all right away, then buy another 40...repeat every 4 hours'

Buy 25 Kwik e mart ... wait 4 hours ... collect ... sell ... repeat
    Buy 20 Krusty Burgers ... wait 12 hours ... collect ... sell ... repeat
    Simples
  • i understand that the collider needs to be on 24/7 for this to work
    what is the minimum XP% needed to make this a worthwhile strategy?
  • I wish people would stop making these threads every damn week basically as a way to brag or get props for useless information. There's already 8 billion if you bother to look.

The more it gets waived in EA's face, the more likely we are to lose it, just like with every glitch, or anything people take advantage of.

Can people not just grow up and be quiet?
  • @concreteho59 You didnt even read the first post did you?? Because the thread is mislabeled and isnt about KEM farming it is about efficiency in playing the Bonuts box.

Also if there are 8 billion other threads out there ... you think EA hasn't seen them. Of course they have...

What about those that are relatively new to the game or forum?? should they never ask questions?? for fear of running into old information??

And finally .... you sound like an **** .... who made you Forum God.

• Who got upset here first about how much bigger who's was first what the *** ? it's a game (where's roses eye roll)
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • This thread may actually be about picking bonut boxes, but it doesn't change the constant farming threads. All people have to do is scroll through a few pages and they'll find all the info they need, but they keep posting the same thing over and over and over again.

I don't think anyone has a problem with people asking questions, but at least both to look though a few pages first. And yes, constantly making more threads does matter. The longer they keep going, the more ea's going to get fed up and realize it's not going to stop, and they'll be forced to do something about it.

• @1SmallFoot BTW You are off .0333339
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
    i understand that the collider needs to be on 24/7 for this to work

I don't think you need the collider. I do 24 kems every 4 hours and earn at least a donut a day at the moment on 95% multiplier. Worth it to me, doesn't cost me much. Better to have the collider but it's not cost effective for me yet, I'm only at level 111. Slow, but still better to convert that in game currency into donuts.
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    chrisgyo wrote: »

Buy 25 Kwik e mart ... wait 4 hours ... collect ... sell ... repeat
    Buy 20 Krusty Burgers ... wait 12 hours ... collect ... sell ... repeat
    Simples

I do this :)

Edit to say I am level 939... every day I collect three donuts and only do the cycle once. I always pay for 3. 400% bonus. No $$ collider. Money increases about 1 million every 5-7 days. I also have a pretty good size house farm from early days. Day 1 player. Play 2-3 times a day.

First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • Hate to admit it but I couldn't catch smallfoot analysis. But thanks for sharing.
  • seanang168 wrote: »
    Hate to admit it but I couldn't catch smallfoot analysis. But thanks for sharing.

@seanang168 check out my strategy pictures above ... just look at my pictures above 2x 50,000$ and 2x 150000$
    one is if you KEM farm the other if you buy rattrap/bloodmobile. Just look at the percentages on the side that matches what you have and you will see the optimum strategy for when to buy extra boxes.
  • I wish people would stop making these threads every **** week basically as a way to brag or get props for useless information. There's already 8 billion if you bother to look.

The more it gets waived in EA's face, the more likely we are to lose it, just like with every glitch, or anything people take advantage of.

I hate to break this to you, but EA already knows people are farming donuts. If you buy 100 bloodmobiles, it will trigger a funny dialogue. That code would never get triggered by non donut farmers, as there is no reason to buy 100 bloodmobiles in the normal course of non donut farming gameplay.
    i understand that the collider needs to be on 24/7 for this to work

I don't think you need the collider. I do 24 kems every 4 hours and earn at least a donut a day at the moment on 95% multiplier. Worth it to me, doesn't cost me much. Better to have the collider but it's not cost effective for me yet, I'm only at level 111. Slow, but still better to convert that in game currency into donuts.

if you can log in every 4 hours to clear/sell/rest the kem farm, you might want to give the collider a try, even if just a 1 day trial... should easily make the donut cost back and then some (and if you have the $$$ to spare, throw in a handful of bloodmobiles to bump even more levels for good measure).

i gave it a try a couple weekends ago (bought a 1 day xp recharge for 5 donuts)... jumped up 15 levels in one day. So it doesn't need to be a 24/7 thing if you can't always play that regularly.