EA Forums - Banner

Mystery Box - THOH 2016

Prev13
So if I understand how this mystery box works, you spend 60 donuts to get a 70+ donut value item? And if you wanted all items, that would cost you a whopping 420 donuts!
Are any of these items really worth it?

Replies

• Well, I'd say it depends on what you've already got and what you want.

Considering the Sepulchre was over 200 donuts originally, and the Nightmare Bed was over 100 donuts...

I'm not certain everything that's available, since I had most of it. I bought two of them and got Squirrel Luann (waste) and the Sepulchre, which was nice. Didn't feel like buying another for the nightmare bed.
  • I do not enjoy this. 60 donuts is a lot for something I may not want...
  • Turkey1010 wrote: »
    I do not enjoy this. 60 donuts is a lot for something I may not want...

Then don't buy it. Problem solved.
  • No kidding!!!!! I was expressing my opinion. Is that okay with you??? Oh.. I don't care if it is.
  • My only problem is the Kirk and luann skins. Last year they had very small task lists, and if they were never given more tasks, I don't really know if I want the skins. The sepulcher of evil is definitely worth it though. In the end, it's a gamble, and only you really know how the odds are.
  • I wanted the Witch Marge costume, so I bought some. Got the nightmare bed first, and then the Sepulchre. Then the game crashed and I had to do it again. Funnily enough I go the nightmare bed and Sepulchre again in that order! Got Marge after. Will consider the other skins if the XP/level drops to 1,000,000 again.

FYI the Sepulchre cost 225 originally and has a 4% multiplier. The Nightmare pile cost 100 donuts originally and has a 3% multiplier.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • anaquarind wrote: »
    I wanted the Witch Marge costume, so I bought some. Got the nightmare bed first, and then the Sepulchre. Then the game crashed and I had to do it again. Funnily enough I go the nightmare bed and Sepulchre again in that order! Got Marge after. Will consider the other skins if the XP/level drops to 1,000,000 again.

FYI the Sepulchre cost 225 originally and has a 4% multiplier. The Nightmare pile cost 100 donuts originally and has a 3% multiplier.

This is my worry... I don't want the costumes which are offered , I have the nightmare pile already , but it has the sepulchre, and the hover craft thing, but just want Marge and her cauldron. So I think I'm just gonna try to get her next year :'( and spend my donuts on other Halloween stuff
    anaquarind wrote: »
    I wanted the Witch Marge costume, so I bought some. Got the nightmare bed first, and then the Sepulchre. Then the game crashed and I had to do it again. Funnily enough I go the nightmare bed and Sepulchre again in that order! Got Marge after. Will consider the other skins if the XP/level drops to 1,000,000 again.

This is my worry... I don't want the costumes which are offered , I have the nightmare pile already , but it has the sepulchre, and the hover craft thing, but just want Marge and her cauldron. So I think I'm just gonna try to get her next year :'( and spend my donuts on other Halloween stuff

Yeah, the hovercoptor is a pretty bad prize to get - no multiplier, no tasks. Just Obedience I think! I had this already, so it wasn't a risk for me.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • I broke down. temptation is so.....tempting.

Basically spent 120 donuts for Marge, but I got her on the second try. Got stupid acorn costume first :/
  • Can someone explain what /where the mystery box is? I can't seem to find it...
    Maybe i already have everything and so i can't buy it?
    I broke down. temptation is so.....tempting.

Basically spent 120 donuts for Marge, but I got her on the second try. Got stupid acorn costume first :/

Sounds like you just like to complain.
  • jayremedy wrote: »
    Turkey1010 wrote: »
    I broke down. temptation is so.....tempting.

Sounds like you just like to complain.

You sound like you like to talk mess to people you don't know. There are literally THOUSANDS of people complaining right now - and for the last 16 hours and probably will continue to do so- About EVERYTHING.
    Why do you feel you need to speak to me.. at all, let alone like a troll?
    Does it make you happy?
    Nvm, I'm sure a person like you isn't happy often. .
  • Can someone explain what /where the mystery box is? I can't seem to find it...

It's in the premium section of the halloween store. It's far left and looks like a pumpkin says view (if you don't have some items)
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    Got the Sepulchre of evil on first try which I am very happy with. Not going to bother with the other 4 prizes. This kind of makes up for the foggy swamp which I thought was too expensive giving its only a skin and not an actual character.
  • Vs1976 wrote: »
    Got the Sepulchre of evil on first try which I am very happy with. Not going to bother with the other 4 prizes. This kind of makes up for the foggy swamp which I thought was too expensive giving its only a skin and not an actual character.

*high five*
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Can someone explain what /where the mystery box is? I can't seem to find it...

It's in the premium section of the halloween store. It's far left and looks like a pumpkin says view (if you don't have some items)

It seems to be missing at the moment. At least in my town, probably good for me. I don't need to be tempted. Never mind I was able to find it. Now I will see if my willpower is stronger than my need for something new.
  • meinaz wrote: »

It seems to be missing at the moment. At least in my town, probably good for me. I don't need to be tempted. Never mind I was able to find it. Now I will see if my willpower is stronger than my need for something new.
    Glad you found it.
    Lol, good luck! I fought it for almost a whole day!!! ;) Worth it though, I really wanted witch Marge :#
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »

Glad you found it.
    Lol, good luck! I fought it for almost a whole day!!! ;) Worth it though, I really wanted witch Marge :#

I already have witch marge, so the only things I would possible want are the nightmare pile or the Sepluchre of evil. I would probably get stuck with the skins which I don't really want. Since it is available all event, I will wait and see what else is available first.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    meinaz wrote: »

Glad you found it.

I already have witch marge, so the only things I would possible want are the nightmare pile or the Sepluchre of evil. I would probably get stuck with the skins which I don't really want. Since it is available all event, I will wait and see what else is available first.

I hear ya... I had the nightmare pile from whenever bUT I'm excited for new options!
  • Not usually psychic, but i'm 1000% sure i'll get jammed with the helicopter from avatar first and then the donut forced-feeding thing and then Luann before kirk and sepulcher. You just know when you're destined for a helicopter. It's the avalanche starter sales technique. getting people to chase bad money with good. Devilish, which is appropos for a demonic halloween event. They're letting us feel the nerves Faust felt upon making a deal with the devil. ( mentally preparing for copter ownership )