EA Forums - Banner

Dead characters or no dead characters [poll]

Prev1345
How is it sacrificing the story if they were to add deceased characters from the show?

Replies

• ICE_GRYLLZ
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    because they are dead in the story
  • esenpi
    73 posts
    edited January 2013
    I want the most characters possible. I dont care if they are dead or if they arent born yet.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6390 posts Moderator
    edited January 2013
    ICE_GRYLLZ wrote:

And? So what. This is a game after all. It does not have to follow the shows timeline and canon to the bone 100%. It can veer off a bit.
  • ICE_GRYLLZ
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    esenpi wrote:
    I want the most characters possible. I dont care if they are dead or if they arent born yet.

Fair enough but given that there are like over 200 characters that are alive and only a few that are dead it isn't really necessary to dip in to the dead ones just yet is it?

ICE_GRYLLZ wrote:

And? So what. This is a game after all. It does not have to follow the shows timeline and canon to the bone 100%. It can veer off a bit.

It is certainly able to veer off a bit, you asked me how it would sacrifice the story, hence my response. i am not disagreeing it is posable to deviate from the story but i would just rather it didn't.
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    You could interduce them at Halloween. Useing professer frink, just like witch marge was a premium, then if you didn't decide to get them the next update would make them go away.
  • ICE_GRYLLZ
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    am4692 wrote:
    You could interduce them at Halloween. Useing professer frink, just like witch marge was a premium, then if you didn't decide to get them the next update would make them go away.

yeh that could happen but i would like them to be defined differently i.e. 'zombie maude' i know, not very original but it illustrates what im trying to say.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Very scientific and unbiased poll going on here, I see. Looks like you are definitely in the minority so far, Deadshot. And by minority, I mean 2:1 majority of people who would rather sacrifice the story for the love of Simpsons. ;)

Me? I just want a stability update. (Sorry Ice, it had to be done.)
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    ICE_GRYLLZ wrote:
    am4692 wrote:

yeh that could happen but i would like them to be defined differently i.e. 'zombie maude' i know, not very original but it illustrates what im trying to say.

At first they could be called zombie Maude and they could evan have their own missions like let's say 1hr task could be chase kids around SF. Then if you decided to keep them it would turn into a zombie costume like the others.
  • ICE_GRYLLZ
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Very scientific and unbiased poll going on here, I see. Looks like you are definitely in the minority so far, Deadshot. And by minority, I mean 2:1 majority of people who would rather sacrifice the story for the love of Simpsons. ;)

From what was said in the other thread i thought that he would be, that is why i did this because i was only guessing. Fairy snuff if im wrong.

Stil think it would be a bit bizarre bringing dead characters in to the game. I would also bet 132 donuts that it never happen's.
  • cjcccooper
    322 posts
    edited January 2013
    Let the dead bury the dead.
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ice and dead shot know where I stand on this.

Having a dead person just re appear is lame. Don't kill the wonderful shows that took away these once great people.

Also there are soooooo many (not dead) people that we don't have that the idea of bring dead ones is crazy. In less its for hollween I don't want them. Ea won't bring in dead people unless someone from the simpsons gives them an ok.

I don't think we will ever get good old Troy for this same reason and I would kill to get him.

It's just not going to happen... Sorry :(

Edit: oh and the vote doesn't surprise me at all. Last I checked most of the people playing this game haven't watched a simpsons episode in over 10 years. Most might not even know that Ned is re married that fat tony is in fact fit tony whi then gained weight and became fat tony. The list goes on people would take anyone at this point.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    ICE_GRYLLZ wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

From what was said in the other thread i thought that he would be, that is why i did this because i was only guessing. Fairy snuff if im wrong.

Stil think it would be a bit bizarre bringing dead characters in to the game. I would also bet 132 donuts that it never happen's.

Yes, I saw the other thread. Personally I could give a crap if the game follows the show. Let's face it, the game veers off the show from the opening scene where the entire town is blown up. Technically everyone in the game is back-from-the-dead after the blast. If you are a stickler for cannon-accuracy, then you probably should never have made it past the intro and tutorial.

Anyways, just teasing. I'm happy with whatever fun stuff they throw my way. :)
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    :):)
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited January 2013
    One more thing.... All this really boils down to is 4 semi main people

Maude
    Bleeding gums Murphy
    Frank grimes
    Mother Simpson

They died in very key simpsons shows. With as many different people in the simpsons world is it so wrong that these 4 should stay dead?

Don't get me wrong i love all 4 of them and wish they didn't kill any of them but they did.
  • ICE_GRYLLZ
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    One more thing.... All this really boils down to is 4 semi main people

Maude
    Bleeding gums Murphy
    Frank grimes
    Mother Simpson

They died in very key simpsons shows. With as many different people in the simpsons world is it so wrong that these 4 should stay dead?

Don't get me wrong i love all 4 of them and wish they didn't kill any of them but they did.

Agreed i dont really understand why anyone would disagree to be honest.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6390 posts Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Don't forget Alice Glick :mrgreen:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I dont mind "Dead" Charactors coming into the game, would be good to have as many charactors as possible dead or alive in the show :) They were all good :)

Each to their own opinion tho :wink:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    ICE_GRYLLZ wrote:

I didn't realize there was a story
  • ICE_GRYLLZ
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    ICE_GRYLLZ wrote:

I didn't realize there was a story

Not a story per say but there are several major plot changes a few of them are outlined here:
    http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/10/the_10_most_significant_lasting_changes_on_the_sim.php
  • Toj427
    438 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Any of the mentioned dead players I could honestly care less to have in the game because they were kind of lame characters when compared to many of the others. With the exception of Frank Grimes, but I don't see a point in bringing him back either.

I would take the Hartman characters, but I believe they were just retired, not killed off.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.