EA Forums - Banner

Visiting Friends

Hi All,

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this but has EA figured out the issue with visiting friends. I have an iPad 2 (probably 1st generation) and the game constantly cuts off after visiting 3 friends.

Heck, if I hit an area with a lot of job finish icons and money icons, the game cuts off too. So annoying.

I dont know if it is because I have an older model or what but I love the game but literally, as I was trying to send my people on jobs this AM, it cut off 7 times. 7.

Replies

• AAADave1961
    114 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I've been having the same problem to a much worse degree for months (more than 6).
    Whenever I visit a friend's town, the game may or may not crash (exit out) but ALWAYS does when I go from one town to another.
    I've reported this several times but apparently a crash bug is not a concern to EA.
    This happens 100% of the time on my iPhone 6 Plus so it's not an issue with having an older device.
    Also, it happens on my iPad 3 but with a similar type of occurance as yours, usually after changing towns a few times.
    To the EA fanboys, YES, I HAVE re-installed, rebooted, restored, etc. to my phone. No other game/app does this, just TSTO.
    I can't believe that this kind of bug has gone on for so long. Extremely poor quality control.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I may crash once a week visiting neighbors, but generally I have no issue. I am on android not IOS.
  • I have an iPad 4 and iPhone 6. On the iPad, it always locks up but never on my phone. I just make sure I don't clear my town to fast, it seems to get worse when I have everyone walking around doing nothing.
  • does it lock up/crash when visiting a specific neighbor, or is it any of them? Had an issue awhile back where mine would freeze/crash when I tried to visit certain neighbors. I finally had to boot them and find others to replace them. Haven't had any issues since.
  • Whenever I visit a friend's town, the game may or may not crash (exit out) but ALWAYS does when I go from one town to another.

Having the same problem, but only during this event.
  • C0rgano wrote: »
    does it lock up/crash when visiting a specific neighbor, or is it any of them? Had an issue awhile back where mine would freeze/crash when I tried to visit certain neighbors. I finally had to boot them and find others to replace them. Haven't had any issues since.

Honestly, its like every 3-4 friends, it just locks and then the game cuts off. I do notice that I have 2 friends who I think are 'rushers' or seem to have the prizes before the game even gets to act 2 or 3 but I dont really visit them. But everyone else is seemingly legit. But every 3 - 4 friends. Today, i started visiting friends at 8:30 EST, and I have only been able to visit 16 friends.
  • wadebear
    3901 posts Member
    Given the differing responses in this thread the reason they can't fix it is probably because the can't replicate it.

I was having an annoying neighbor visit crash on my iPad Mini 2. It would knock me out of the game 7 or 8 times a day while trying to visit neighbors. A few events ago it just stopped.

Oh, and it's not a storage size issue - my Mini has 64 GB storage and almost nothing on it. It was a great deal: the 64 GB Mini 2s were cheaper than the 1 GB Mini 3s.
  • gregd8978
    87 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I had these issues for the longest time with my iPad mini but I recently upgraded to the iPad Pro and have never had any performance issue since. The only other thing that is helpful is the clear your website history and data in safari for the iPad users and make sure to double click your home button to clear out anything extra in the background running. Most importantly don't have to maybe photos on your iPad because it keeps trying to send them in the cloud.