EA Forums - Banner

Signing in problem

My friend's mom is having this issue when she signs in. It says her password is wrong. And when I tried to sign in through the origin site it says "Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password" problem is she can't remember the password to that email. She signed in yesterday just fine. There's only two people her origin name and pw, me and her, and neither of us had changed it in years.

Replies

• If the problem lasts longer that a couple of hours/ couple of tries you will probably have to contact EA. Some people seem to be having issues when more than one account is signed on to the same email.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • PipebombHooligan
    191 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I'll contact them when I get on my computer. I don't know why she's having problems now. Her account has been used on the same iPad that she has had since 2011. Before she even made the account.
  • My friend's mom is having this issue when she signs in. It says her password is wrong. And when I tried to sign in through the origin site it says "Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password" problem is she can't remember the password to that email. She signed in yesterday just fine. There's only two people her origin name and pw, me and her, and neither of us had changed it in years.

This has just happened to my fiance. About to change his password now. Have you sorted the account out does it work?
  • Thanks to a reminder from @HomerND84 you guys could try to set a new password. When you login to your game just click forgot password and follow the instructions. Might be quicker/easier than contacting EA.
  • Quicker? Not likely, if you have the EA lockout bug, you will find it impossible to get an email to reset your password. The " forgot password" from tapped out login screen goes to a non existant screen. Find the EA reset passw ord and no email will be received. Try chat and i spoke with someon read a script as she asks "do you have proof of purchase?", I replied "it is a free game". She then said " i am expecting a yes or no. She transfered me to raol who promply disconnected me. Phone call was answered promply and she was efficient. I wated 6 days wsiting for a response from the case i opened.
  • Quicker? Not likely, if you have the EA lockout bug, you will find it impossible to get an email to reset your password. The " forgot password" from tapped out login screen goes to a non existant screen. Find the EA reset passw ord and no email will be received. Try chat and i spoke with someon read a script as she asks "do you have proof of purchase?", I replied "it is a free game". She then said " i am expecting a yes or no. She transfered me to raol who promply disconnected me. Phone call was answered promply and she was efficient. I wated 6 days wsiting for a response from the case i opened.
    Sorry you are having this problem. Most times with EA support you have to be really persistent to get through those script readers. Keep trying and select the call back option.
  • hello I am at level 110 at tapped out but i stil cant unlock general hospital,and i have dr hibbert,i heard it is problem for a lot of players,and a have completed dr hibbert quests
  • jarya93 wrote: »
    My friend's mom is having this issue when she signs in. It says her password is wrong. And when I tried to sign in through the origin site it says "Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password" problem is she can't remember the password to that email. She signed in yesterday just fine. There's only two people her origin name and pw, me and her, and neither of us had changed it in years.

This has just happened to my fiance. About to change his password now. Have you sorted the account out does it work?

I finally managed to change her pw last night. Was able to sign in on origin site with no problem, so I'm pretty sure she'll be able to sign in when she gets on her iPad. I still don't know how this happened. There was no emails from ea saying her pw was changed until I changed it.